Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm hearing two things I don't like
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
#1 Wentz is not playing Thursday

#2 Agholar is not playing Thursday either. It must be nice having shown squattah in your young career and still get solid starter treatment.

I would have had him, Huff, DGB, Turner and all play at least three quarters and would have told them show me that you are an NFL WR.

That's a real weak move by Pedey. Schwartz makes Kendricks play extra time and Pedey sits his first round bust.

Really weak.

Doug you need to let everyone know that it is a merit system. The only thing this guy has merited is a visit from the turk.
mcnabbulous
Why are you upset about Wentz not playing? I'm a bit disappointed, but no reason to rush him if he's not fully healed. Rib injuries aren't worth fucking with.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 29 2016, 05:24 PM) *
#1 Wentz is not playing Thursday

#2 Agholar is not playing Thursday either. It must be nice having shown squattah in your young career and still get solid starter treatment.

I would have had him, Huff, DGB, Turner and all play at least three quarters and would have told them show me that you are an NFL WR.

That's a real weak move by Pedey. Schwartz makes Kendricks play extra time and Pedey sits his first round bust.

Really weak.

Doug you need to let everyone know that it is a merit system. The only thing this guy has merited is a visit from the turk.

Couldn't agree more.

The fact Wentz isn't playing after spending so much to get him pisses me off to no end. If I have to watch Dak Prescott grow into a competent QB every week while watching Wentz ride the pine for a QB who won't even be here next season I'm going to lose it. Badford has never made the playoffs in his entire fucking career. What's the worst that can happen starting Wentz instead of him? Better yet, what's the best? Another 7 win season under Badford? Fuck that

As for the WRs, they are absolute shit as a unit. If I put every one of them together they wouldn't be half as good as Odell or Dez. Not only do they need to be out there proving they deserve a roster spot, they need to be out there proving they're even a football player.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 29 2016, 08:39 PM) *
Why are you upset about Wentz not playing? I'm a bit disappointed, but no reason to rush him if he's not fully healed. Rib injuries aren't worth fucking with.

I'm disappointed, not mad.

His 2nd rib is only 60% healed, so I understand it.

I just think playing an entire game would have been helpful. Lost opportunity for what may be his only chance to play until late December.
Joegrane
I'm disappointed that Wentz is not playing. It is bad enough he will carry a clipboard most or all of the year. Now he will miss a majority of his preseason opportunity.

I'm outraged that Agholor is not playing. Huff and DGB should as well--at least a quarter.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 29 2016, 09:39 PM) *

nephillymike
BTW, I heard that Kendricks may play on Thursday!!

Get out the tissues.

If he was insulted Saturday playing into the 4th quarter, he will be beside himself with this latest lack of respect.

It was funny seeing Pedey explain his decision to NOT play Agholar in one segment of his presser, saying how he has practiced really well and..............wait for it...................blocks really well downfield!!!

Then the next segment explains that Kendricks may play Thursday to get some reps in.

If Aggy played defense on this team, he'd play every fucking snap.

Pedey should pay attention to Schwartz and learn how positions are earned!!
HobbEs
Playing devil's advocate here on Agholar. What if Pederson knows he sucks and just wants to see some of the other kids?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 29 2016, 11:04 PM) *

Get out the tissues.

If he was insulted Saturday playing into the 4th quarter, he will be beside himself with this latest lack of respect.

It was funny seeing Pedey explain his decision to NOT play Agholar in one segment of his presser, saying how he has practiced really well and..............wait for it...................blocks really well downfield!!!

Then the next segment explains that Kendricks may play Thursday to get some reps in.

Just curious......you do realize that Kendriks missed the first 2 preseason games right? He is healthy now so the argument that they want to get him snaps seems at least valid on its face. Matthews is practicing but nit 100% so he is excused.

I am sure it is a message to Kendricks but it is valid...Agholor has played in every game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Aug 30 2016, 08:00 AM) *
Playing devil's advocate here on Agholar. What if Pederson knows he sucks and just wants to see some of the other kids?

Meaning you think he's still on the chopping block?
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2016, 04:04 AM) *

Get out the tissues.

Far be it from me to defend Nelson, but he didn't miss most of camp with ANOTHER soft tissue injury. Kendricks needs to man up and show something.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 30 2016, 08:13 AM) *
Just curious......you do realize that Kendriks missed the first 2 preseason games right? He is healthy now so the argument that they want to get him snaps seems at least valid on its face. Matthews is practicing but nit 100% so he is excused.

I am sure it is a message to Kendricks but it is valid...Agholor has played in every game.

Just curious, you do realize that he was pissed he played into the 4th quarter so much so that he refused to speak to reporters after the game.............
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Aug 30 2016, 08:00 AM) *

I didn't think of that.

Well, if that was the case, I would think they would keep Givens or Randle for this game.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2016, 07:53 PM) *
Just curious, you do realize that he was pissed he played into the 4th quarter so much so that he refused to speak to reporters after the game.............

I do realize it....but that is on him...the coaches have other ideas...I did not say that he was pleased with it, I said he missed the first 2 games and they want him to get snaps.
HobbEs
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 30 2016, 09:43 AM) *
Meaning you think he's still on the chopping block?

Maybe not this year. But next year? Yeah, definitely. He was a rookie playing in Chip's system and now he's in a more conventional offense. First round pick or not I think Doug gives him a chance to improve and if not he'll be at the bottom of the depth chart or cut next year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Aug 31 2016, 08:21 AM) *
Maybe not this year. But next year? Yeah, definitely. He was a rookie playing in Chip's system and now he's in a more conventional offense. First round pick or not I think Doug gives him a chance to improve and if not he'll be at the bottom of the depth chart or cut next year.

I think he'll play out his rookie contract. Late first rounders don't cost enough to justify booting him. Especially cause he shows the occasional flash.

The guy I really want to see take a next step is Huff. It seems like Doug is using him well. If he can avoid the boneheaded plays, he could be a valuable contributor. Hopefully the game slows down for him this year.
JeeQ
Not to mention kick off Agholor and replace him with who exactly? Next up is Huff laugh.gif It's like a tallest midget contest at the WR position
mcnabbulous
Ya'll are way too hard on young players. Some take a bit more time to develop. Huff has made a number of big plays in his career. He's also made a bunch of shitty ones. But with time and maturity, he can minimize those.

Not everyone can make the big plays. I'm excited for his potential still.
Pila
It's beginning to frustrate us as much as it is frustrating him, I think. Albeit the flashes have been few and rare, some of them showed some ridiculous athletic feats. I think it was in the second Giants game... I can't remember... but it was the one where he ended up with a concussion. He caught a normal pass running across the field, then planted his foot and turned up the field without any deceleration whatsoever. 90 degree turn like he bounced off an invisible barrier.

I don't think I've ever seen it done that seemless since Barry Sanders. Didn't seem physically possible. Defender ran to where Agholor was supposed to be and tackled a puff of smoke.

We need to see more of that shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.