Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cuts are in. A few surprises
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.eagledelphia.com/2016/08/eagles...s-7-others.html

Givens and Randle; seeya.

Surprised of Martin so early on. Same with Gardner. Probably means good news for OT Gordon and DT Vaeao, both who I had going to the PS.

Glad to see Turner has a shot.

A little surprised we didn't hear of a trade yet.
The Franchise
I admit I haven't been watching much preseason, but was Randle really that bad?!?!? To lose to this group of WR's, when he looked pretty solid in NY the last couple of years?

Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 28 2016, 07:52 PM) *
I admit I haven't been watching much preseason, but was Randle really that bad?!?!? To lose to this group of WR's, when he looked pretty solid in NY the last couple of years?

He can't shake the "disinterested" label, and with a very young group that would be a bad example. If a fairly productive, hard working, high character vet is victim to the numbers game on some team I bet he'll find a home in Philadelphia pretty quickly.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 28 2016, 06:52 PM) *

On one hand, it doesn't look good when the two FA you bring in at our biggest need position suck so bad not to even make it to final cuts with this WR dreck. On the other hand, at least they're cutting ties and not compounding a mistake.

All they needed to find was a marginal starter or solid bench guy. They failed miserably with these two.

THey should have bit the bullet early and signed the high priced FA from Cincy.
Joegrane
I bet they just wanted a veteran "marginal starter" to give them a year or two so they could further evaluate their young WRs.

However after the poor performances by Agholor and Huff--until recently--they felt they had to try to get someone else. Obviously the high priced guys were all gone. DGB became available.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 28 2016, 11:21 PM) *

All they needed to find was a marginal starter or solid bench guy. They failed miserably with these two.

THey should have bit the bullet early and signed the high priced FA from Cincy.
Joegrane
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.