Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikey and RF...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
You guys see this?

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/769722483993870336

First drive as a pro. He struggled after, but the final four throws on that drive were extremely high level. Especially for a guy who is getting almost no reps as of right now.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 28 2016, 10:35 AM) *
You guys see this?

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/769722483993870336

First drive as a pro. He struggled after, but the final four throws on that drive were extremely high level. Especially for a guy who is getting almost no reps as of right now.

He looked good on the last 2 throws of that driv...he short armed the other 2, they got there but they were helped by the WRs...that being said, I agree that he looked good for getting little work. He was playing with and against the scrubs but he was good. I want the guy to succeed because he is a PSU product...hopefully he does well.
nephillymike
It was a nice drive.

What did they decide to do with those QB's on NYJ?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 28 2016, 10:59 AM) *
He looked good on the last 2 throws of that driv...he short armed the other 2, they got there but they were helped by the WRs...

This is a head scratching comment. His third throw was perfectly placed where only his receiver could catch it. The 4th throw could have been led slightly more, but was also put in a very safe spot.

This also excludes the first pass which was a dropped dart that appears to have been his 4th read.

that being said, I agree that he looked good for getting little work. He was playing with and against the scrubs but he was good. I want the guy to succeed because he is a PSU product...hopefully he does well.

Shockingly, the Jets are handling him perfectly in my opinion. Rework the things that went wrong over the past few years.

It's pretty clear to me that when provided with adequate protection, this kid has a chance to be a very good QB. And keep in mind that he is possibly the youngest QB in the league right now.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 28 2016, 11:10 AM) *
It was a nice drive.

What did they decide to do with those QB's on NYJ?

I've interpreted their handling of things as auditioning Petty for a trade. Not sure though.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 28 2016, 01:11 PM) *
This is a head scratching comment. His third throw was perfectly placed where only his receiver could catch it. The 4th throw could have been led slightly more, but was also put in a very safe spot.

This also excludes the first pass which was a dropped dart that appears to have been his 4th read.

The first out he threw was short of the WR...he had plenty of room to get the ball in to him....the deep slant was the same thing. The short pass to the RB was a great throw....that could have gone for big yards...the deep out was perfect as was the TD.

He looked good.....that deep slant or in (forget what the route was was wobbly as well if I recall but for getting such little work he looked poised, climbed the pocket and did not look scared at all.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 28 2016, 07:16 PM) *
The first out he threw was short of the WR

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Considering it was his third or fourth read, he put that ball exactly where I would want him to.
Reality Fan
Hack is having a rough night.....he has an excuse, he is a rookie....what is Daniel's excuse? He is terrible. Plain terrible.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 1 2016, 08:11 PM) *
Hack is having a rough night.....he has an excuse, he is a rookie....what is Daniel's excuse? He is terrible. Plain terrible.

Yeh it's been brutal. That left tackle they have out there with him is worthless. He looks as uncomfortable as he did the past two years.

Daniel had a few nice throws but his two picks were nasty.

My biggest takeaway from this game is that both backup DLs are better than their OL counterparts.
nephillymike
Well Nabby, it looks like your boy Geno's job is safe because your boy Hack really stunk up the joint.

Wasn't impressed with Hack at all.

Why did they sit Geno? I would have thought they'd have all three b/u QB's in there.
mcnabbulous
Because Geno is a lock. Because he is better than people give him credit for.

Hack definitely sucked last night. He's got a lot going on. They are trying to rework his mechanics while he's also learning a new offense and facing more complex defensive schemes. This while playing with a line that was getting manhandled by our backups. It's a lot to be racing through a young QBs head.

With that said, his accuracy was atrocious last night.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 2 2016, 08:26 AM) *
Because Geno is a lock. Because he is better than people give him credit for.

Hack definitely sucked last night. He's got a lot going on. They are trying to rework his mechanics while he's also learning a new offense and facing more complex defensive schemes. This while playing with a line that was getting manhandled by our backups. It's a lot to be racing through a young QBs head.

With that said, his accuracy was atrocious last night.

Devil's advocate.

There is two ways he's a lock:

1. if he is good
2. if there other backup QB's are not!!

It may not be #1 but #2!!!!
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 2 2016, 08:26 AM) *
Because Geno is a lock.

laugh.gif

Geno Smith is a fucking LOCK to make the Jets roster! We def should've drafted him in the first round!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 2 2016, 12:36 PM) *
laugh.gif

Geno Smith is a fucking LOCK to make the Jets roster! We def should've drafted him in the first round!

At least he'll be eligible to play
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 2 2016, 01:52 PM) *
At least he'll be eligible to play

Touche'
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 2 2016, 12:56 PM) *
Touche'

I missed this.

What are you referring to?
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 2 2016, 11:06 PM) *
I missed this.

What are you referring to?

Mcnabbulous would have taken Geno Smith at #4 rather than the soon-to-be-suspended-again Lane Johnson.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 3 2016, 04:48 AM) *
Mcnabbulous would have taken Geno Smith at #4 rather than the soon-to-be-suspended-again Lane Johnson.

OK, now I see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.