Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pederson
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I was happy with them getting the plays in quickly. Gave Sleeves plenty of time to audible if needed.

Happy with the lack of penalties.

Play calling seemed fine.

But why not call timeouts and use both end of half and end of game for two minute drill and clock management?

I didn't understand that as with Pedey being an Andy disciple, there is a chance he needed the practice of clock mgt.

He let opportunities to hone or develop skills go by the wayside.

eagleaddict
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 28 2016, 10:23 AM) *
I was happy with them getting the plays in quickly. Gave Sleeves plenty of time to audible if needed.

Happy with the lack of penalties.

Play calling seemed fine.

But why not call timeouts and use both end of half and end of game for two minute drill and clock management?

I didn't understand that as with Pedey being an Andy disciple, there is a chance he needed the practice of clock mgt.

He let opportunities to hone or develop skills go by the wayside.

I was thinking the same thing. The only explanation I could think of was that he was just satisfied with the play on both sides of the ball and didn't want to risk injuries.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Aug 28 2016, 11:25 AM) *
I was thinking the same thing. The only explanation I could think of was that he was just satisfied with the play on both sides of the ball and didn't want to risk injuries.

I think you are dead on....why risk it, especially after seeing Romo go down.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 28 2016, 11:55 AM) *
I think you are dead on....why risk it, especially after seeing Romo go down.

Speaking of Romo, is anyone more nervous of Dak Prescott than Romo at this point? I remember reading that he had some tools, but off the field stuff made him a Jerruh special. I know it's only preseason, but our division is still a bit weak and they have built a strong O over there. If we don't win the division, it just can't be the cowboys who do...sorry Dreagon.
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Aug 28 2016, 11:00 AM) *
Speaking of Romo, is anyone more nervous of Dak Prescott than Romo at this point? I remember reading that he had some tools, but off the field stuff made him a Jerruh special. I know it's only preseason, but our division is still a bit weak and they have built a strong O over there. If we don't win the division, it just can't be the cowboys who do...sorry Dreagon.

No, not me.

But he may be a better option than they had last year after losing Romo, but no, it will cost them several wins.
mcnabbulous
Dak is going to struggle mightily as a passer. They are going to be able to protect him with that running game (and his own running ability) but he's never had to make real NFL reads and they're not really making him do so in the preseason.

He has a nice foundation, but it will take 2-3 years before he's really ready. I'll be surprised if they win 7 games.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 28 2016, 09:23 AM) *

I really hope he just wanted the halves to end, since it's preseason. God I'm crossing my fingers that he isn't a bonehead like Andy. And stop calling it 'practice' like it's a fucking skill that has to be honed. It's BASIC MATH. It's a fucking clock. He's been playing/coaching for 40 years. Any coach that can't handle basic clock management should be stripped of his duties.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.