Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Half Ramblings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
In chrono order:

- nice DL pressure by Graham and Barwin
- INDY blitz in PS - is that frowned upon?
- 2nd and 23 run play after sack - pussy call by Pedey
- Nice toss by Sleeves for long 1st down
- Alg sucks. Make that guy play all of next week in game #4. He doesn't deserve starter treatment. Treat him like the deep sub that he's been playing like
- Nice coverage by Jenkins, nicer catch by Moncrief
- Nice defensive stand to hold to FG
- Just a thought - we need to do as D does and have offense by merit!!
- Nice RAC by Huff
- Can Ertz break a tackle please? Who is that Pinky?
- Nice pressure by Graham
- Beau knows football !!
- Nice run by Huff for TD
- Hart and Hicks nice pressure on Luck
- Nice saving catch by Burton
- Barner nice vision to turn a loss into a five yard gain
- Sleeves, nice throw to Huff, on target
- I can get used to Bradford Beckham jump ball TD's
- Nice step up into pocket by Sleeves on the throw to Burton
- Luck meet Fletch
- CJ Smith seeing a lot of time with the 1's. Are they shopping him??
- C'mon Pedey WTF!! Use your timeouts at end of half to give the O the ball with 1.5 minutes left at the end of half. Lame!

Overall Bradford look real sharp
D is for real. I'm thinking legit top 10
I love the D intensity and hard tackling

Look forward to a few more runs n 2nd half to see OL blocking
mcnabbulous
I went from a 7-9 to a 9-7 after that first half. I think our defense is as good as they've looked and our offense will be conservative and efficient enough to win us some games.

Sam definitely looked sharp. We've seen it before. Hopefully it's real this time.

Agholor is just awful.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 27 2016, 07:50 PM) *
I went from a 7-9 to a 9-7 after that first half.

Great, now we're going to go 4-12.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 27 2016, 08:19 PM) *
Great, now we're going to go 4-12.

I mean, we could. Lots of things (specifically health) have to go right for it to play out like that.
Zero
They weren't playing against a legit secondary. I like that P is being creative with players, actually coaching to their strength and not just forcing them into a system. Huff is a good example. Maybe if he gets his confidence he'll lose the funk. Agree about Ertz, so far (preseason, I know) he's looking average. I like Burton and the 3 TE set with DGB. OL looked decent .. was Colt front 7 all there .. any good?
JeeQ
After all the gimmicks and trickery over the years I have to admit it was a breathe of relief just watching the Eagles go out there and play a regular game of football.
Joegrane
quote name='nephillymike'

- nice DL pressure by Graham and Barwin

** The D Line has been consistently good this preseason. I assume that will translate well to the regular season.

- Alg sucks. Make that guy play all of next week in game #4. He doesn't deserve starter treatment. Treat him like the deep sub that he's been playing like

** I agree entirely! Give Turner the start to send him a message.

- Nice RAC by Huff

** A rare game where Huff made multiple plays and did not give some back with bone head plays. Before this game I though Huff was going to be released even though he typically plays well on STs. Now it appears that Randle is gone.

- Beau knows football !!

** I think a 4-3 team needs one 3-4 nose tackle for short yardage situations.

- I can get used to Bradford Beckham jump ball TD's

** They finally have a legit Red Zone target out wide. I assume we'll see him at WR with the three TEs.

- CJ Smith seeing a lot of time with the 1's. Are they shopping him??

** an undrafted rookie?! I imagine he'll be on the Prac Sq.

** Joe

Zero
Besides Agholor not showing up, we didn't find out much about Smallwood other than a glimpse that was positive, but Mathews looked good as did all the RBs and the rushing offense. Pederson seems to be an innovative guy which we'll see how it translates to real games but that could be good news for DGB who may need patience, mentoring and some family (emotional intelligence) acceptance.

I don't want to fall into the same trap set for us last year at this time, but I came away from this game feeling like the defense is for real and the offense could be better than we thought. There's weak spots and growing needed on the D which is to be expected, they may still need some time. I'm hopeful that after so many years of hearing about putting players in position to succeed that maybe we'll actually see some of that instead of talented square pegs and round holes.
Zero
Oh, I forgot that Kendricks overran about three plays. It's not surprising that he doesn't seem to be one of Schwartz's favorites.
Joegrane
Indy was lacking their best pass rusher and several DBsm no? That translates into less time to find open receivers and smaller throwing windows for Sam.

I enjoyed watching the game and am optimistic that DGB and Huff will actually make more positive plays than negative ones, but I am not counting on the O Line performance translating to the regular season.

I fear teams will just blitz the Eagles when Smallwood is in the game. That is where the length of DGB will come in handy. At least Sam can throw a ball high to DGB where either the WR catches it or it goes safely incomplete out of bounds. Hopefully he'll occasionally catch it, break the tackle and be off to the races.

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 28 2016, 07:07 AM) *
Besides Agholor not showing up, we didn't find out much about Smallwood other than a glimpse that was positive, but Mathews looked good as did all the RBs and the rushing offense. Pederson seems to be an innovative guy which we'll see how it translates to real games but that could be good news for DGB who may need patience, mentoring and some family (emotional intelligence) acceptance.

I don't want to fall into the same trap set for us last year at this time, but I came away from this game feeling like the defense is for real and the offense could be better than we thought. There's weak spots and growing needed on the D which is to be expected, they may still need some time. I'm hopeful that after so many years of hearing about putting players in position to succeed that maybe we'll actually see some of that instead of talented square pegs and round holes.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 28 2016, 06:25 AM) *
Oh, I forgot that Kendricks overran about three plays. It's not surprising that he doesn't seem to be one of Schwartz's favorites.

Lawlor at Iggles blitz hints that Kendricks was insulted at playing so many minutes in the game.

Good!

Watching him play I am insulted.

Make him nice and uncomfortable Schwartz.

Defense on Merit. Not contract status!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.