Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What we're looking to see tonight
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
There are two contexts we need to remember about this game:

#1 It's the preseason. While the starters will get significant time, there is no game planning. We all remember the false hopes last year at this time and I'm sure there were false alarms in other cities at this time last year.

#2 The IND defense is not playing six starters on its defense. Both CB's, MLB best pass rusher plus two others. Also, they are sitting four other DB's, for a total of six DB's not playing.

#1 is what it is. However, given #2, if we don't show a significant amount of offensive production, then it will be "Houston we have a problem" status.

I want to see good things from the WR group. This group has disappointed below even my extremely low expectations. Algholar, Randle, Givens and Huff really need to step it up. I'd like to see Turner continue to impress.

I was a little surprised to hear the Eagles were looking for CB's via trades. I thought we had other fish to fry. That being the case, with Grymes out, I need to see solid play from McK, Rowe and the other CB's.

I want to see the guys with new deals play like they deserve it. I've been disappointed in the Ertz, Kendricks, Bradford trio of newly minted players.

I will be watching Wiznewski closely, also Barbre. It seems like Seumalo is the organization's hope for a contributing draft pick, and while he may end up being good, I'm skeptical if the guy who missed OTA's is really ready to be the starter. It will be interesting to see if Wiz is really that bad not to be considered qualify to start at OG.

Interesting to see how Tulloch does AND if Hicks plays any of the other two LB spots to set a fire under their asses.

Looking forward to the RB's. I want to see if Smallwood is capable. I also want to see Sproles gets some action. He needs it IMO, especially after his decline ypc late last year.

Anyone?
Reality Fan
Lets face it.....at the end of the day here is what will come of tonight

If Bradford plays well it will mean nothing "because it is the preseason".
if he plays poorly it mean everything and is the end of the world

Just how it goes here......if he throws short passes with no open WRs downfield it is because he stinks....if Danial or Wentz does it it is because the WRs stink

It is really maddening to hear the same arguments twisted to kill one guy and prop up another all the while the hypocrisy/irony is lost on the offenders....

W and Ls will be all that matters
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 27 2016, 12:33 PM) *
Lets face it.....at the end of the day here is what will come of tonight

If Bradford plays well it will mean nothing "because it is the preseason".
if he plays poorly it mean everything and is the end of the world

Just how it goes here......if he throws short passes with no open WRs downfield it is because he stinks....if Danial or Wentz does it it is because the WRs stink

It is really maddening to hear the same arguments twisted to kill one guy and prop up another all the while the hypocrisy/irony is lost on the offenders....

W and Ls will be all that matters

That's why in this no excuses year, we need to finalize the Bet II. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.