Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Romo Hurt a little bit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/768996727403...src=twsrc%5Etfw

A perk in my step.

If he is that fragile, it could be a short year for him.
JeeQ

make_it_rain
As much as I don't like Dallas, I am a Romo fan. He's a good player and tough as hell.

I remember in 2013 when we last went to playoffs, watching that week 16 Dallas vs. Redskins game @ Washington where he limped down the field with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter, then threw a touchdown to Murray on 4th and goal with like 30 seconds left. I remember watching and just thinking "Wow, you motherfucker".

That obviously set up the week 17 showdown that the Eagles won in Dallas. I don't recall what happened in the playoffs that year huh.gif

D Rock
Fuck That. Romo is a douche and the enemy.
mcnabbulous
I think Romo is a decent dude and good QB who has no clutch in him. He's like the opposite of that douche Eli.
The Franchise
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 26 2016, 09:23 AM) *
I don't recall what happened in the playoffs that year huh.gif

We lost.

As for Romo, fuck him. Maybe Carrie Underwood can sing about his demise in her first SNF appearance.

*edit - I saw the hit. Wow. If that's all it takes to sideline Romo these days, he should really hang 'em up.
Pila
Schadenfreude!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 26 2016, 12:38 PM) *
*edit - I saw the hit. Wow. If that's all it takes to sideline Romo these days, he should really hang 'em up.

His back is totally fucked. Not sure how they can expect him to make it through a season.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2016, 01:12 PM) *
His back is totally fucked. Not sure how they can expect him to make it through a season.

I also didn't realize he was 36. As for Dallas, I'm sure they have 55 million reasons to expect him to play.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2016, 02:12 PM) *

Haven't you heard? He doesn't have to make it through the season. The already have the "saviour" on their roster. He's Shattering the Myth About the Need for Veteran Backup QBs.
huh.gif huh.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 26 2016, 01:49 PM) *
Haven't you heard? He doesn't have to make it through the season. The already have the "saviour" on their roster. He's Shattering the Myth About the Need for Veteran Backup QBs.
huh.gif huh.gif

As much as I'm laughing at the Cowboys touting Dak as their savior I'm a little ticked we traded everything for Wentz and are more than content to let him ride the bench. While over in Jerryland they're excited at the opportunity of Dak "135th Pick" Prescott starting. Dallas has more confidence in their 135th picked rookie coming in and starting then we do with our 2nd

Also I'm extra ticked because I'll be damned if the kid doesn't look great out there.

22 of 27 passes for 338 yards, four passing touchdowns, two rushing touchdowns, zero interceptions, a perfect passer rating of 158.3 and 9-for-9 on scoring drives (51 points).

He's been the best looking QB in our division this preseason
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 26 2016, 05:52 PM) *
While over in Jerryland they're excited at the opportunity of Dak "135th Pick" Prescott starting.

Trust me, while his performance has been a big relief, after next week I hope not to see him play again until next preseason.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 26 2016, 06:52 PM) *
He's been the best looking QB in our division this preseason

If I recall correctly, Bradford looked equally as good (if not better) last pre-season. To the point that he was our "saviour".
mcnabbulous
Turns out it was more than a little bit. He has a broken bone in his back. "They believe he will return this season." according to Ian Rapoport.

God damn
JeeQ
Romo out 6-10 weeks. So begins the Dak Prescott era in Jerryland
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 26 2016, 04:22 PM) *
Trust me, while his performance has been a big relief, after next week I hope not to see him play again until next preseason.

Better get used to seeing Dak Prescott for a long time

Even *IF* Romo comes back in 6-10 weeks what are his chances of staying healthy? If Dak plays half decently and with the Dallas line, Dez, and Zeke he just may; I see Romo sitting the entire season
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 26 2016, 06:37 PM) *
If I recall correctly, Bradford looked equally as good (if not better) last pre-season. To the point that he was our "saviour".

Believe me I made sure to put the word preseason in there after Bradford was declared the Super Bowl champion last season even though he's never won more than 7 games in a season
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 27 2016, 02:49 PM) *
Romo out 6-10 weeks. So begins the Dak Prescott era in Jerryland

Yeah, I just read about that.

I hate the idea of starting a rookie, even if he does show a lot of promise...heck, ESPECIALLY if he shows a lot of promise, because I think a lot of young QBs get screwed up by being thown in too early.

The other problem is that I think Romo will come back, but now I'm no longer sure he should. How many collarbone and spinal fractures does it take before life after the NFL becomes a whole lot less than it should be.
nephillymike
Wow.

Shocking news.

One hit and he broke a bone.

I think he's done.

Thing is, the Cowboys fans I know aren't in love with Romo. I think they'd welcome the change, although hard to believe after last years winless Romoless.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 27 2016, 05:55 PM) *
Wow.

Shocking news.

One hit and he broke a bone.

I think he's done.

Thing is, the Cowboys fans I know aren't in love with Romo. I think they'd welcome the change, although hard to believe after last years winless Romoless.

Cowboys fans that live in the Philly area are some of the dumbest brand of football fan in the world. It's actually quite surprising The Franchise didn't get sucked into that wasteland.

Romo is done. At this point, he'd be silly to try to play again.

I was pretty impressed with Dak the other night. He is going to struggle this year, but I am now pretty certain he has a future as an NFL starter. It might take three years before he because an above average starter though. The NFL game is just so different than anything he's ever done.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 27 2016, 04:03 PM) *
Cowboys fans that live in the Philly area are some of the dumbest brand of football fan in the world. It's actually quite surprising The Franchise didn't get sucked into that wasteland.

Romo is done. At this point, he'd be silly to try to play again.

I was pretty impressed with Dak the other night. He is going to struggle this year, but I am now pretty certain he has a future as an NFL starter. It might take three years before he because an above average starter though. The NFL game is just so different than anything he's ever done.

That's my nightmare scenario... Dak coming in and performing better than Badford (won't be hard - just needs 7 wins) while we watch Wentz ride the bench all season
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 27 2016, 05:55 PM) *

They're nuts, but there is a certain segment of our fanbase who thinks Romo is the root of all our problems. They just conveniently forget the wilderness we wandered in between Aikman and him. Personally, I think Romo is a lot like Danny White...a good QB but will never be appreciated because he never hoisted a Lombardi. And that last bit is what will likely drive him to come back again even though it's probably not smart.

And while I hate the idea of them throwing Prescott in there so fast, I admit I will take a cruel delight if he surprises and beats the Giants on opening night. Then I want them to find a journeyman QB and bench him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 27 2016, 06:45 PM) *
They're nuts, but there is a certain segment of our fanbase who thinks Romo is the root of all our problems. They just conveniently forget the wilderness we wandered in between Aikman and him. Personally, I think Romo is a lot like Danny White...a good QB but will never be appreciated because he never hoisted a Lombardi. And that last bit is what will probably drive him to come back again even though it's probably not smart.

And while I hate the idea of them throwing Prescott in there so fast, I admit I will take a cruel delight if he surprises and beats the Giants on opening night. Then I want them to find a journeyman QB and bench him.

You're far too rational, Dreagon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.