Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is this team?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
There's so many questions it's really hard to figure what this team can/will do.
Agholor, Randle, DGB; Peters, Barbre, Kelce, Brooks, Johnson; Ertz, Burton; Mathews, Barner, Smallwood; Bradford; Graham, Curry; Kendricks, Hicks, Bradham, Tulloch; McKelvin, Carroll, Rowe; Sturgis/Parkey.
Can anyone honestly say they have confidence in any of these guys?

If each one of those guys lives up to their potential and plays well this can be a good team. What are the odds of that happening though? It's not like the talent isn't there, it's like .. I don't know, figuratively and technically. I was psyched early when Roseman flushed the turds then added some potential but the potential hasn't done shit so far. Everyone is a fucking question.
nephillymike
I heard an intriguing question:

If you knew the Eagles would have a legit #10 ranked D, and Sammy Sleeves would be healthy enough to play in 15 games:

Do you think Bradford will lead us to a playoff appearance?
Joegrane
I have confidence in some of them who don't have a history of being injury prone--Brooks, Ertz, Graham, Curry.

I'm confident that some of the others, esp in the D secondary will be okay role players.

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 25 2016, 08:42 PM) *
There's so many questions it's really hard to figure what this team can/will do.
Agholor, Randle, DGB; Peters, Barbre, Kelce, Brooks, Johnson; Ertz, Burton; Mathews, Barner, Smallwood; Bradford; Graham, Curry; Kendricks, Hicks, Bradham, Tulloch; McKelvin, Carroll, Rowe; Sturgis/Parkey.
Can anyone honestly say they have confidence in any of these guys?

If each one of those guys lives up to their potential and plays well this can be a good team. What are the odds of that happening though? It's not like the talent isn't there, it's like .. I don't know, figuratively and technically. I was psyched early when Roseman flushed the turds then added some potential but the potential hasn't done shit so far. Everyone is a fucking question.

I don't think there is any chance of a winning record let alone playoff contending!

Lane Johnson burst my bubble for this year. He plays an important position and is backup to an aged veteran at the second most important position.

It is virtually certain that both Peters and LJ will be out at the same time for at least one game. Any games where they are both out are almost guaranteed losses.

If Peters is out quite a few games while LJ is out, this team might not win more than 5 games this year.

I don't want to see Peters until the first game. Put him in bubble wrap!

If miraculously Peters is mostly healthy and they don't have any other injuries on the O Line, the offense has a chance to be almost average. With an above average D and average STs they have a chance to win 7 or 8 games.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2016, 08:44 PM) *

If you knew the Eagles would have a legit #10 ranked D, and Sammy Sleeves would be healthy enough to play in 15 games:

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2016, 08:44 PM) *

If he is healthy I will be shocked if he does not.....that may be foolish, I realize that, but I think if he is healthy he can be that good. It really comes down to whether he can get decent play from the WRs....it does not have to be stellar, just decent.

With a crap skill group but an improving line in 2013 he had 1 bad game, 1 mediocre games and 5 strong or really strong games including beating one of the top defenses in Arizona.....in all but 2 games his YPA was 6.4 or better. SHame he got hurt.

We will get an answer this year....sadly, this being Philly, he will probably have a monster year and they will still have to trade him for nothing because the teams needing QBs will be few and those who do will not be willing to pay much because they know the Eagles are over a barrel.
Joegrane
Sadly I disagree. I think the O Tackles will be crap and he won't have time to throw. Opposing Ds will crowd the line against the run and short passes. Can you win with three tight end sets being your standard?!

He will have a mediocre year due to poor talent around him, will get nicked up and miss a few games. There will be no interest in him next year. Eagles will be forced to cut either Bradford or Daniels and eat a pile of $.

Furthermore I would not be surprised if both Bradford and Daniels get injured due to the bad OT situation. The Kid will come in and play better than them due to his ability to run for his life and use his big arm to make a few big throws on busted plays.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2016, 09:25 PM) *
We will get an answer this year....sadly, this being Philly, he will probably have a monster year and they will still have to trade him for nothing because the teams needing QBs will be few and those who do will not be willing to pay much because they know the Eagles are over a barrel.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 25 2016, 09:51 PM) *
Sadly I disagree. I think the O Tackles will be crap and he won't have time to throw. Opposing Ds will crowd the line against the run and short passes. Can you win with three tight end sets being your standard?!

He will have a mediocre year due to poor talent around him, will get nicked up and miss a few games. There will be no interest in him next year. Eagles will be forced to cut either Bradford or Daniels and eat a pile of $.

Furthermore I would not be surprised if both Bradford and Daniels get injured due to the bad OT situation. The Kid will come in and play better than them due to his ability to run for his life and use his big arm to make a few big throws on busted plays.

How did thet "run for his life" work out in his first game? I think the O line will start out better than most think. Their RG is far better than what they had last year so that will help mitigate the loss of Johnson. The lynchpin will be is Wiz can play a little bit....I think Peters will be pretty good and the slower pace will help him the most.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2016, 08:25 PM) *
in all but 2 games his YPA was 6.4 or better. SHame he got hurt.

Out of curiosity, why is 6.4 a number of relevance?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.