Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Must read article about the spread offense...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
And its impact on the NFL. Nice portion focused on Wentz. I would quote it, but my phone is giving me fits.

It addresses a lot of the issues that have come from spread QBs entering the NFL. If you look at the two most successful guys to come out in recent years, they were both pro style. That's why I'm so particularly excited about Wentz. He's already familiar with the concepts he's going to need to succeed in the nfl.

https://theringer.com/nfl-spread-offense-qu...6561#.ol5jxec3j
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 24 2016, 12:16 PM) *
And its impact on the NFL. Nice portion focused on Wentz. I would quote it, but my phone is giving me fits.

It addresses a lot of the issues that have come from spread QBs entering the NFL. If you look at the two most successful guys to come out in recent years, they were both pro style. That's why I'm so particularly excited about Wentz. He's already familiar with the concepts he's going to need to succeed in the nfl.

Nice read. Thanks. It will be interesting to see what Pederson has taken from the research Childress has done.
He mentioned Eagles rookie quarterback Carson Wentz, who at North Dakota State played in a multiple-style offense that incorporated spread concepts. Childress was impressed that Wentz played under center sometimes and in the shotgun at other times, and that regardless of the formation, he was adept at making various throws. He said some of the sweep plays Wentz ran were particularly impressive, and that he wants to incorporate what he saw into the Chiefs’ game plan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.