Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My guess at the final 53
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Assume LB Walker is IR'd. The ones to the left of the } are no brainers

WR - Matthews, Agholor, DGB } Turner, Givens
OT - Peters, Johnson, Tobin } Gardner, Vatai
OG - Brooks, Barbre, Wisniewski, Seumalo, Jones
OC - Kelce, } [Andrews comes back when Johnson suspension kicks in]
TE - Ertz, Celek, Burton
QB - Bradford, Daniel, Wentz
RB - Mathews, Sproles, Barner, Smallwood

DE - Curry, Barwin, Graham } Braman, Means
DT - Cox, Logan, } Allen, Martin
LB - Hicks, Kendricks, Bradham, Goode } Skinner
CB - McKelvin, Carroll, Brooks, Grymes } Mills, Rowe
S - Jenkins, McLeod, } Watkins, Maragos
P - Jones
K - Sturgis
LS - Magic Man

Last Five Cuts
5. Pentale
4. Huff
3. Hart
2. Randle
1. Andrews

Bottom Five To Make It
5. Skinner
4. Maragos
3. Vaitai
2. Martin
1. Gardner

Practice Squad (assumes all are eligible, not positive)
1. OC Andrews
2. DT Hart
3. TE Pentale
4. S Reynolds
5. CB Shepherd
6. DT Vaeao
7. OT Gordon
8. RB Marshall
9 CB Smith
10. OG Greene

11 & 12 are in case the others aren't eligible or claimed elsewhere.

11. WR Rush
12. LB Cherry

We need a LB on the PS, my guess is that we'll shop other teams discards or a trade for a LB to boost our LB's. Cherry isn't close to an NFL LB. We are playing the Colts this week and we often trade with them this time of the year. Maybe we do a CB, S or OL swap for a LB?. As far as WR goes, we need at least one on the PS with only keeping 5, but I think we'll look elsewhere. If needed to pick one on our roster now, Rush is as good of a guess as any.
Zero
First glance before I really look: why is Tobin a no-brainer?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 20 2016, 10:16 AM) *
First glance before I really look: why is Tobin a no-brainer?

He's been 2nd team consistently and 1st team fill in.

Not that I think he's good per se, but I feel it is a no brainer that the Eagles do.
mcnabbulous
I think Tulloch makes the team
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2016, 05:06 PM) *

I'd agree if he were here!! We can only hope. They are saying he wants to start where he goes.

I think Grymes injury may force us to expose him on the PS s he can start for another NFL team.

Maybe we PUP him?

Not serious enough to IR him.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2016, 11:06 PM) *

Mikey is certainly a LB short, so either Tulloch or someone else will replace that sixth CB or eleventh OL.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 21 2016, 06:53 AM) *
Mikey is certainly a LB short, so either Tulloch or someone else will replace that sixth CB or eleventh OL.

Keep in mind Braman, Barwin and Graham played some LB last year and before in their careers.

The 11th OL is b/c of Johnson's pending suspension. They could d nothing when that happens and keep some guys down on the PS, or make the move to bring Andrews up from the PS (assuming he's eligible)
Joegrane
I agree with Mikey. I bet they were counting on Barwin as a backup SAM LB and hoping to stash Walker on the Prac Sq.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 21 2016, 08:55 AM) *
Keep in mind Braman, Barwin and Graham played some LB last year and before in their careers.

The 11th OL is b/c of Johnson's pending suspension. They could d nothing when that happens and keep some guys down on the PS, or make the move to bring Andrews up from the PS (assuming he's eligible)

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 21 2016, 06:53 AM) *

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 21 2016, 08:55 AM) *

Apparently Johnson plans on appealing if he's suspended. I'm not sure of the wisdom of that because if he loses he's probably out at the end of the season instead of helping down the stretch. Nonetheless, an appeal would put him on the roster for a couple of weeks and affect the 53.
nephillymike
Practice Squad (assumes all are eligible, not positive)
1. OC Andrews
2. DT Hart
3. TE Pentale
4. S Reynolds
5. CB Shepherd
6. DT Vaeao
7. OT Gordon
8. RB Marshall
9 CB Smith
10. OG Greene

11 & 12 are in case the others aren't eligible or claimed elsewhere.

11. WR Rush
12. LB Cherry

Rush was just cut today, so it looks like WR's Johnson, Watford, Jones and Sharp will battle for the PS spot.

I checked and all of those I listed are still eligible for the PS under the new expanded rules adopted a few years back.
mcnabbulous
Tulloch is in, according to Schefter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.