Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tidbits from Last Night's Game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
1. Tucker, you made the team son. Keep up the good work.

2. Grymes, go join Tucker in getting your uniform fitted. Great INT. I wish our WR not named Tucker had close to hands like that.

3. Means is a keeper. While Smith improved this game, Means has been the man all TC and Preseason.

4. Watkins looks good. He has a shot to stick.

5. Seumalo (sp?) over matched in his young career. Not a surprise that he is and he'll prolly come around, but get him out of the starting lineup. Also, with Wiz and Jones on this team, why is Andrews the backup C?

6. Celek still starting, Ertz not doing much. Ertz is starting to annoy. Showed lack of effort on that one goal line throw by Bradford.

7. Bradford, not bad. His clock still ticks too early for my liking as he seemed quick to go to the check down. Threw the ball nice overall, but he had a high one that NA saved him on and a slightly behind short pass that NA should have saved him on but didn't. Sometimes he is very deliberate in his throws and is a split second late in his seeing the open guy. Celek pass in the seam as example. Also, would like to see him put more speed on some of his throws. They say he has the arm. I know I'm being being picky. Overall, I'd give him a B- for the night.

8. Barner belongs. He just does. Also, after we cut Huff, he can return kicks. Smallwood you better get on the field son.

9. Walker ACL tear hurts a thin position. Call Schwartz's buddy Tulloch today. hopefully Grymes isn't hurt badly.

10. Fat boy as a FB. Fun to see. They say he's doing well on the line too. An undrafted former TE. We've had luck before with those guys.

11. I think Pantale may come up short of the 53 man. He's just eh.

12. But the big story. PK Sturgis isn't wearing his helmet and gts bopped on the head with a D. Jones punt that he doesn't see coming down. And he gets a concussion!! Pedersons explanation and look on his face was priceless. With all of these concussions, you have to wonder how many times me and my friends were concussed back in the day of playing tackle football w/o pads, and knees to the head, heads to the frozen ground etc. Sturgis is icing on the cake.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 07:12 AM) *
8. Barner belongs. He just does. Also, after we cut Huff jumpclap.gif he can return kicks. Smallwood you better get on the field son.

12. But the big story. PK Sturgis isn't wearing his helmet and gts bopped on the head with a D. Jones punt that he doesn't see coming down. And he gets a concussion!! laugh.gif Pedersons explanation and look on his face was priceless. With all of these concussions, you have to wonder how many times me and my friends were concussed back in the day of playing tackle football w/o pads, and knees to the head, heads to the frozen ground etc. Sturgis is icing on the cake

Defense looks hungry out there. Can't wait to see if it translates to the regular season
nd9kel

You mean Turner, right? The kid is making all the catches, and running the right routes. He's short, but so was Welker and Amendola and....others.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 09:12 AM) *
7. Bradford, not bad.

19 attempts for 115 yards? Seems like he was in midseason form.
mcnabbulous
Turner is definitely interesting. Went to LSU when they were absolutely stacked at receiver. Had some injury setbacks, but seems to be really skilled.

Seems inevitable he makes the team with this competition.
Joegrane
I heard that unexpectedly DGB played a little and is apparently learning quickly from the other WRs--he dropped a pass.

Re Seumalo. I bet they are just trying to get the kid some experience, maybe give his dad--a college D Line coach--some tape to use to help him grow. Isn't Gardner expected to be ready for the regular season? He was supposed to be the starter at R OG last year, no, and then got injured? Wouldn't he be next in line for the L OG while LJ is out?

Next year Barwin's salary becomes funny money. They must be hoping Smith steps up and plays well in the new system Do I understand correctly that Means has been in the league too long for the practice squad?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 10:12 AM) *

2. Grymes, go join Tucker in getting your uniform fitted. Great INT. I wish our WR not named Tucker had close to hands like that.

3. Means is a keeper. While Smith improved this game, Means has been the man all TC and Preseason.

4. Watkins looks good. He has a shot to stick.

5. Seumalo (sp?) over matched in his young career. Not a surprise that he is and he'll prolly come around, but get him out of the starting lineup. Also, with Wiz and Jones on this team, why is Andrews the backup C?

nephillymike
Yes it is Turner. My bad.

Gardner was not on anyone's 53 man that I saw, pre D. Kelly trade.

Now we'll see it he makes it.

I'll never understand. They give a guy more money the other year, not a lot, but something that says they like him. Then he goes in the shitter. With the extensions they gave Tobin and Gardner, it's not the money, its the message. "Even play mediocre at best and we'll take care of you." We need higher standards, even for the low money mini extensions.

I don't get it.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 19 2016, 01:08 PM) *
I heard that unexpectedly DGB played a little and is apparently learning quickly from the other WRs--he dropped a pass.

Re Seumalo. I bet they are just trying to get the kid some experience, maybe give his dad--a college D Line coach--some tape to use to help him grow. Isn't Gardner expected to be ready for the regular season? He was supposed to be the starter at R OG last year, no, and then got injured? Wouldn't he be next in line for the L OG while LJ is out?

Next year Barwin's salary becomes funny money. They must be hoping Smith steps up and plays well in the new system Do I understand correctly that Means has been in the league too long for the practice squad?

If you didn't see the game, here it is.
Joegrane
Thanks Zero.
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 19 2016, 06:53 PM) *

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 19 2016, 05:53 PM) *

Z,

Great link.

Maybe it should have its own post in case some missed it?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 10:12 AM) *
7. Bradford, not bad. His clock still ticks too early for my liking as he seemed quick to go to the check down. Threw the ball nice overall, but he had a high one that NA saved him on and a slightly behind short pass that NA should have saved him on but didn't. Sometimes he is very deliberate in his throws and is a split second late in his seeing the open guy. Celek pass in the seam as example. Also, would like to see him put more speed on some of his throws. They say he has the arm. I know I'm being being picky. Overall, I'd give him a B- for the night.

You mean like the pass that Huff dropped? The pass to NA was high to clear the LB....overall I thought he was ok but missing Matthews with the rest of this WR crew hurts. It is funny how you kill the WRs but then kill the QB for not finding open WRs who can't get open...lol

It was a very blah game to watch especially since both teams did nothing other than basics. That first series was brutal.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 19 2016, 06:15 PM) *
You mean like the pass that Huff dropped? The pass to NA was high to clear the LB....overall I thought he was ok but missing Matthews with the rest of this WR crew hurts. It is funny how you kill the WRs but then kill the QB for not finding open WRs who can't get open...lol

It was a very blah game to watch especially since both teams did nothing other than basics. That first series was brutal.

So your grade for Sam for the night?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 08:31 PM) *
So your grade for Sam for the night?

An A of course....lol

I think he had a bunch of good throws...a few iffy ones....it is a preseason game further muddled by playing a team that they will see in 6 weeks....it was blah...hard to grade at all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.