Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technical Issues
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Sorry for the outage. Seems to be workimg now.

However, I need to upgrade the software to be able to upgrade the php version, which is now at end of life. This may cause more issues, plus we may lose the custom theme. I may even have to change to a different software, as IPB has gone completely commercial.

Please continue to report any new issus.

Also, I could use another developer if anyone is experiemced with IPB and/or othwr software you'd recommend.
mcnabbulous
Can't help from a dev perspective unfortunately, but this seems pretty cool:
http://flarum.org/

Not sure if it meets your requirements. Happy to make a financial contribution to thank you for the work you put in keeping this up and running. Let me know if there is something I can do from a non-dev perspective.
xsv
After some inquiry, it looks like I'll need about $200 for a new license, upgrade the current software to the latest version, and to convert our theme/template to that version.

I'll see if I can find some advertisers that might be interested. Otherwise, I'll foot the bill and try to get this done before the season starts.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 19 2016, 04:08 PM) *
After some inquiry, it looks like I'll need about $200 for a new license, upgrade the current software to the latest version, and to convert our theme/template to that version.

I'll see if I can find some advertisers that might be interested. Otherwise, I'll foot the bill and try to get this done before the season starts.

If you need money just say the word. How fast can I learn IPB....I am a quick study..lol
Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 19 2016, 04:08 PM) *

If ten people join at Chickies for your visit we can each slip you a $20. Brotherhood and finances plus Crab Fries. What else could we want. wink.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 19 2016, 03:52 PM) *
If ten people join at Chickies for your visit we can each slip you a $20. Brotherhood and finances plus Crab Fries. What else could we want. wink.gif

I like this option.

And to the extent that we feed him drinks and distract RF with a decent looking middle aged Bradford critic, he may try to big time and impress her by giving X $50 instead of $20!!

This has potential.

We can call it a meeting of the finance committee if anyone needs a good excuse to use to get out.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 06:38 PM) *
I like this option.

And to the extent that we feed him drinks and distract RF with a decent looking middle aged Bradford critic, he may try to big time and impress her by giving X $50 instead of $20!!

This has potential.

We can call it a meeting of the finance committee if anyone needs a good excuse to use to get out.

I may bring my own finance director who happens to be a lovely blonde who is a twin for the one from Little Big Town...what she sees in me is a mystery...lol But she is a Jets fan...lol
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 19 2016, 07:09 PM) *
I may bring my own finance director who happens to be a lovely blonde who is a twin for the one from Little Big Town...what she sees in me is a mystery...lol But she is a Jets fan...lol
Does she have money? laugh.gif
Eyrie
Don't have paypal or anything similar, but if I can work out how to do an international bank transfer then I'm in.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 20 2016, 05:59 AM) *
Don't have paypal or anything similar, but if I can work out how to do an international bank transfer then I'm in.
We need more IA's at the game party this fall. Tents of the world unite! laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 20 2016, 04:59 AM) *

This may be a stupid question as I don't have any foreign relatives.

Isn't a check (or cheque in Eyrie speak) written against a Scot bank able to be deposited in an American bank?
Phits
Prof. X
I don't have the practical experience with the software, but I am technically inclined and shouldn't have any issues with learning enough to help out. Let me know if/how I can help (financial or otherwise).
samaroo
X,

If you have a paypal, I'd be more than happy to pitch in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.