Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pederson's Change of Heart on Tackling
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
How do you guys feel about it?

In case you missed it, he said that we were over with tackling at practice, after saying late last week that it was necessary and we would continue to do it.

Part of me likes the fact that he can change.

Part of me thinks that such a change after such a hearty defense of the tactic a few days before speaks of lack of conviction or lack of final say.

I'm a little concerned.

Not the sky is falling on the NEPM panic scale, but concerned nonetheless.
Joegrane
Makes sense that they'd be tackling earlier in camp when there aren't games. Later in camp they have the preseason games.

Weren't they semi-tackling for a while--hitting but not tackling to the ground?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 8 2016, 10:06 PM) *
How do you guys feel about it?

In case you missed it, he said that we were over with tackling at practice, after saying late last week that it was necessary and we would continue to do it.

Part of me likes the fact that he can change.

Part of me thinks that such a change after such a hearty defense of the tactic a few days before speaks of lack of conviction or lack of final say.

I'm a little concerned.

Not the sky is falling on the NEPM panic scale, but concerned nonetheless.

Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 8 2016, 11:05 PM) *
Makes sense that they'd be tackling earlier in camp when there aren't games. Later in camp they have the preseason games.

Weren't they semi-tackling for a while--hitting but not tackling to the ground?

Agreed, but he could easily have said that, or eluded to it before instead of coming on the heels of a couple of injuries to key players and the protestations of others like Ertz. Pederson seems to be trying to be the compassionate leader. In my view, leaders don't try to lead, they just do it. I keep getting the sense that this guy is way over his head as HC but a natural at being the anti-Chip.
Dreagon
It sorta sounds like the word came from upstairs for the tackling to stop. That stuff happens.
But this close to preseason, they're gonna get plenty of tackling practice coming up anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.