Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lynch, Wentz, Goff
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Doesn't mean much, but this is interesting to read: Carson Wentz ‘well ahead’ of Jared Goff in grasping offense
mcnabbulous
Albright is a shill for Denver. Based on the offense he played on in college, there is no fucking way Paxton Lynch is anywhere near ready to play on Sundays. For the same reasons Goff isn't.

Wentz simply didn't have the reps in college, but he has the best foundation to work from. The simple reality is that playing NFL QB is hard and most rookies aren't up for the task.

Those guys that come from more of the air raid style have an up hill battle.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 7 2016, 09:25 AM) *
Albright is a shill for Denver. Based on the offense he played on in college, there is no fucking way Paxton Lynch is anywhere near ready to play on Sundays. For the same reasons Goff isn't.

Wentz simply didn't have the reps in college, but he has the best foundation to work from. The simple reality is that playing NFL QB is hard and most rookies aren't up for the task.

Those guys that come from more of the air raid style have an up hill battle.

So how was Denver when you were there and how did you get to LA?

I have no idea which guy is closer to ready or ahead of whom....but outside those bloggers who cover the Eagles it is pretty unanimous that Wentz is not close. Jeff McLane, who does not like Bradford, said it is not even close. Wentz has a great arm but that is nothing unique, lots of guys come out with lots of tools. In Wentz's favor is that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders which is the important part.

How about letting Lynch and Goff play a game before judging where they are at....Lynch has been rumored to look good in so far by more than one guy.....he has also had bad days...but it would be funny if both he and Goff start the season as the number 1 guys.
mcnabbulous
Lynch never had to read a defense post snap. The idea of that guy being ready after a few pre season reps is laughable.

I don't need to watch it to know its not the case.

Allbright is a bozo. It only took two months for both of these guys to get benched at their respective schools.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/634476375886336000

I'm not suggesting Wentz is ready. I don't want him to be thrown into action. 95% of rookie QBs should not be playing.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 7 2016, 11:50 AM) *
Lynch never had to read a defense post snap. The idea of that guy being ready after a few pre season reps is laughable.

I don't need to watch it to know its not the case.

Allbright is a bozo. It only took two months for both of these guys to get benched at their respective schools.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/634476375886336000

I'm not suggesting Wentz is ready. I don't want him to be thrown into action. 95% of rookie QBs should not be playing.

I do not disagree about Albright...I do not know much about him or care....he is like so many other guys who just say anything to get a hit. That being said, there is a lot of coverage that is pretty favorable to Lynch. Albright is no different than many of the guys like Gowton and Parks who cover the Eagles and openly jerk off to Wentz. Only the real writers cover him objectively.

I have to say....saying you don't have to watch because you "know" is pretty silly....you have no clue how much he has learned since he came onboard or how he is or is not picking up the offense.

We will "know" when the games start and if he or Goff are in there
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 7 2016, 12:43 PM) *
I have to say....saying you don't have to watch because you "know" is pretty silly....you have no clue how much he has learned since he came onboard or how he is or is not picking up the offense.

I don't give a shit what he has learned. The guy has never read a college defense, let alone an NFL defense, from the pocket. There is no fucking way he is ready to be an NFL QB. Now he may have some moderate success simply because of his athletic gifts. Much like RG3, but there is no way he will be capable of doing the things that it takes for sustained NFL success this year.

We will "know" when the games start and if he or Goff are in there

How many shitty NFL QBs that started as rookies do I have to name for you to acknowledge this as irrelevant?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 7 2016, 03:43 PM) *
I don't give a shit what he has learned. The guy has never read a college defense, let alone an NFL defense, from the pocket. There is no fucking way he is ready to be an NFL QB. Now he may have some moderate success simply because of his athletic gifts. Much like RG3, but there is no way he will be capable of doing the things that it takes for sustained NFL success this year.

How many shitty NFL QBs that started as rookies do I have to name for you to acknowledge this as irrelevant?

and how many current starting NFL QBs would you like me to name that started as rookies? Something you can't get through your thick head...and with considerable success by the way

You thought Hackenberg was the most NFL ready QB in the draft and he likely won't even make the damn Jets....at what point do you realize you don't really have a clue?

and are you saying that Goff or Lynch have never audibled? Is that you are saying?
Joegrane
There is no way they release their 2nd round pick. Some think they might keep 4 QBs while they see how B Petty (2015 4th rounder) and Hack develop.
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 7 2016, 09:42 PM) *
...You thought Hackenberg was the most NFL ready QB in the draft and he likely won't even make the damn Jets....at what point do you realize you don't really have a clue?

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 7 2016, 08:42 PM) *
and how many current starting NFL QBs would you like me to name that started as rookies? Something you can't get through your thick head...and with considerable success by the way

That's irrelevant to this discussion. These two guys starting this year has absolutely no bearing on their readiness or long term prospects. There is no correlation between starting as a rookie and being good.

You thought Hackenberg was the most NFL ready QB in the draft and he likely won't even make the damn Jets....at what point do you realize you don't really have a clue?

How much money would you like to wager on this? I'm very open to a legitimate bet on the subject. You said Hackenberg wouldn't get drafted before the 4th round. At what point do you realize you don't have a clue?

and are you saying that Goff or Lynch have never audibled? Is that you are saying?

You have an embarrassing inability to read. I never said that. I said they don't (at least Lynch didn't) have to make post snap progressions from the pocket.

Seriously. You are embarrassingly dense when it comes to reading comprehension.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 7 2016, 11:21 PM) *
There is no way they release their 2nd round pick. Some think they might keep 4 QBs while they see how B Petty (2015 4th rounder) and Hack develop.

You're right about the first part. But they're gonna cut Petty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.