Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T. Mac's Final 53 Projection
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/08/...r-projection-3/

Here's a recap of the changes since last year:

QB = Add Daniel, Wentz, Remove Sanchez, Lewis = improvement
RB = Add Smallwood, remove Murray = same (DM brought nothing to table IMO, if his carries go to others, it's a plus)
WR = Add Randle, Givens, remove Cooper, Ajirotutu = improvement
TE/WR = Add TE Pantale, remove WR Krause = toss up.
INT OL = Add Wiz, Seumalo, B. Brooks, remove Hawkinson, Andrews, B. Jones = big improvement. (He has Gardner as cut!)

OT/DE = Add Vaitai, Means = toss up
DL & LB = Add Martin, Bradham, Walker, Hicks, remove Hart, Thorton, Bair, , Ryans, Alonzo = slight improvement
DB/DE = Add Countess, remove Bair = slight setback
DB = Add McKelvin, R. Brooks, Mills, Shephard, McLeod, Carroll Remove - Watkins, Maxwell, Biggars, Thurmond, Rice, Reynolds = improvement

Note that some of the improvement above is from three injured players returning; Carroll, Hicks, Shephard.

Even adjusting for those three, it looks like we have improved slightly as a team. The OL and DB improvements should help the most.

Eyrie
There will also be improvements from the scheme.

Kelly's fast passed offense sounded good on paper but seemed to cause us as many problems as it did the opposition, with the lack of audibles.

The change to a 4-3 will be an immediate improvement on defence, and they'll get a chance to catch their breath when we have the ball.

Difficult to say about STs until we know the bottom of the roster however.
nephillymike
What's it 5:55 AM over there?

We're never on the same time.

For once I can correct your spelling mistakes in real time.

It's DEFENSE!!!

Axis card application DENIED!!

You seeing any hope of playoffs??
Eyrie
Woke up with my back giving me grief, so lying in bed waiting for the painkillers to kick in isn't going to help.

But it's good to talk in real time, even if that real time is indeed stupid o'clock.

I think we can be better than last year, but I also have plenty of concerns. RB is an issue if Mathews gets hurt, WR is a major problem, we have no depth at LB or S and right now the CBs are the first two guys out of the hat. On the bright side Bradford should be better, our OL has finally been addressed and the 4-3 will suit our DL.

So I see us finishing anywhere between 6-9 and 9-7. We could sneak the division with a couple of lucky breaks, but it will be a competitive division because the other three teams are at much the same level as us. That's our only chance of play offs because our record won't be good enough to get a wild card.

Right now I'd be happy with 8-8 and trading an improved Bradford for a second or third.

And does the Axis have an appeal system?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 7 2016, 12:05 AM) *
Woke up with my back giving me grief, so lying in bed waiting for the painkillers to kick in isn't going to help.

But it's good to talk in real time, even if that real time is indeed stupid o'clock.

I think we can be better than last year, but I also have plenty of concerns. RB is an issue if Mathews gets hurt, WR is a major problem, we have no depth at LB or S and right now the CBs are the first two guys out of the hat. On the bright side Bradford should be better, our OL has finally been addressed and the 4-3 will suit our DL.

So I see us finishing anywhere between 6-9 and 9-7. We could sneak the division with a couple of lucky breaks, but it will be a competitive division because the other three teams are at much the same level as us. That's our only chance of play offs because our record won't be good enough to get a wild card.

Right now I'd be happy with 8-8 and trading an improved Bradford for a second or third.

Any appeal plea must be submitted with a craft beer of choice!!

There's very little juice for this season. I don't ever remember it this bad.

I think the disappointment and disillusionment with Chip has everyone tapped out.

I got a hunch we'll get to 9-7 with a shot at the division. I can't see it in the schedule, but I think the talent is there.
Eyrie
I used to follow the entire NFL, but now only keep an eye on the rest of the division, so my record prediction is based more on our roster than looking at the schedule as I don't know how other teams have improved or regressed.

Haven't drunk beer since I was a teenager, so how do I appeal against the appeal system? Would an Islay malt be an acceptable substitute?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 7 2016, 12:20 AM) *
I used to follow the entire NFL, but now only keep an eye on the rest of the division, so my record prediction is based more on our roster than looking at the schedule as I don't know how other teams have improved or regressed.

Haven't drunk beer since I was a teenager, so how do I appeal against the appeal system? Would an Islay malt be an acceptable substitute?

I forgot you are a malt guy. No beer since a teen? How often do you drink the hard stuff?
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 7 2016, 06:22 AM) *
I forgot you are a malt guy. No beer since a teen? How often do you drink the hard stuff?

I don't go out for a drink very often now so it's usually just a dram on a Friday evening and that's it. Old age!
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 7 2016, 01:05 AM) *

This team will go as Pederson and health goes. Pederson is the biggest question mark and depth is a concern. Supposedly he likes to lean on RBs and TEs, both should be fine sans injury. But RBs are to the offensive scheme as LBs are to the defense. Both are critical to success and both are injury/depth concerns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.