Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Foles to the cowpukes?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Nick Foles a cowpuke?

If so, my days of wishing you well are over.

Watch him play the Eagles this year at the Linc and beat them, because you know if they get him, he is probably going to get substantial playing time when romo goes down again.
Eyrie
Given how badly Foles crashed to earth after that one superb season here, I'd be in favour of him being the #2 in Dallas.

Sorry Dreagon!
Dreagon
And just think, we could have had Paxton Lynch. But nooooooo, we decided to hang on to that second round choice and gamble it on a guy who may never play another round of football, (Yeah, I'm a little steamed about Jerry's recent history with second round choices.)

Since a fourth round rookie is hardly who you want to be backing up your starting QB, I'm hearing the names Foles, Glennon, and McCown. Currently, the majority of pundits down here are pushing for Foles.

Update: Foles went to the Chiefs.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 3 2016, 08:52 PM) *
And just think, we could have had Paxton Lynch. But nooooooo, we decided to hang on to that second round choice and gamble it on a guy who may never play another round of football, (Yeah, I'm a little steamed about Jerry's recent history with second round choices.)

Since a fourth round rookie is hardly who you want to be backing up your starting QB, I'm hearing the names Foles, Glennon, and McCown. Currently, the majority of pundits down here are pushing for Foles.

Update: Foles went to the Chiefs.

You're safe then.

I'd have thought that the #2 QB spot in Dallas would be desirable for two reasons - firstly the media coverage of your team, and secondly the likelihood of game time given Romo's injury history.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 4 2016, 01:36 PM) *
You're safe then.

I'd have thought that the #2 QB spot in Dallas would be desirable for two reasons - firstly the media coverage of your team, and secondly the likelihood of game time given Romo's injury history.

I think he went to KC because of Andy.

As far as our backup situation goes, I'm afraid now they'll do a trade for somebody like McCown or Glennon. Honestly I don't see the point. There is such a big dropoff between Romo and anybody they could get now that I would just go with the rookies I have if it becomes necessary. Let's face it, if Romo goes down we instantly turn into a team that isn't going anywhere anyway.
Reality Fan
I see Foles got that average backup money like Daniel.....oh wait....he got actual average backup money....lol

Good deal for the Chiefs...he only costs them 750 with the Rams picking up the other 1 million in offset
Joegrane
The $ in his contract is interesting.

The Chiefs were up against the cap and still made it happen
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/8/4/123...-details-are-in

It is somewhat like Bradford's contract. The $ in the first year is quite low. The $ in the second--team option--year is big, up to $16mil

RF, if this was not a trade, why are the Rams paying $1mil of the contract?

It is amazing how QB value can change so quickly. Foles got over $10mil last year, correct?

I wonder if Foles took less$ to play for the Chiefs--to not play for Dallas where he almost certainly would have had an opportunity to play behind creaky T Romo.

I'm sure Sam B is paying attention.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 4 2016, 03:39 PM) *
I see Foles got that average backup money like Daniel.....oh wait....he got actual average backup money....lol

Good deal for the Chiefs...he only costs them 750 with the Rams picking up the other 1 million in offset

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 4 2016, 09:39 PM) *
The $ in his contract is interesting.

The Chiefs were up against the cap and still made it happen
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/8/4/123...-details-are-in

It is somewhat like Bradford's contract. The $ in the first year is quite low. The $ in the second--team option--year is big, up to $16mil

RF, if this was not a trade, why are the Rams paying $1mil of the contract?

It is amazing how QB value can change so quickly. Foles got over $10mil last year, correct?

I wonder if Foles took less$ to play for the Chiefs--to not play for Dallas where he almost certainly would have had an opportunity to play behind creaky T Romo.

I'm sure Sam B is paying attention.

,y apologies...there is offset language so the Rams are off the hook for the 1 million they owed Foles....the Fhiefs are on the hook for the 1.75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.