Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm getting excited.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I know a lot of people are down.

But I'm more optimistic about this yearcthan I expected to be. I think Bradford, when healthy will play better tham last year. Hes stronger, and its an offense that suits his skillset better. And we have a decent backfueld.

There's talent on defense, and Swartz is bound to be better that whats his name from the last 2 years. Our defensive interior is top totch, and our secondary is promising.

I say 9-7 and just missing the playoffs. Top 8 defense with a top 15 offense should being some wins and optimism.

Zero
No Axis card for you! biggrin.gif

I'm always excited about this team, more than I should be sometimes. This year I just want to see what I'm excited about .. there's so many unknowns, starting with the coach.
Reality Fan
I am excited about this season...I think they are going to do well....I am just tired of debating Sam Bradford....if he does well all those who killed him will be the same ones claiming they knew he was good.

I think they will have a good offense and pretty good defense....and win double digit games.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 30 2016, 01:57 PM) *
I am excited about this season...I think they are going to do well....I am just tired of debating Sam Bradford....if he does well all those who killed him will be the same ones claiming they knew he was good.

I think they will have a good offense and pretty good defense....and win double digit games.

I think making it all about Bradford is taking your fun away.

I don't get it.

You originally said he wasn't good enough to get a good offer. The team comes along and gives him a decent offer, seemingly the only one but maybe not, not important. He's got a shot to play well, help us to a good season and parlay that into a more lucrative deal either here or there.

You're backing yourself into a corner. If he plays well and we do well, you'll be fighting all year with I told you so arguments. If that doesn't happen, you'll be fighting all year from the other side of the fence. Either way, you seem to be limiting your opportunity for enjoyment out of something that should be fun.

As you know, I'm not a big Bradford fan. I'm fine with him the person, just not high on him the QB. However, I would like nothing more than to have misjudged his QB skills and him to lead us to a playoff win and maybe greener pastures. Me being wrong will not effect my enjoyment one iota.

For you, it seems different.

If Sam struggles mightily, or gets hurt early, and the Kid pulls a Ben or a McNair or a Simms or a Flacco and uses his Div 2 skills to get us a playoff win, I think you would have zero enjoyment of that.

52 years and no championship for me. I don't care if it's Lucifer who QB's this team to a SB win. I'll hop on board for the ride.

I got robbed of a enjoyment of a championship once in this city with similar circumstances. They're too few and far between.

Lighten up and enjoy the game. We all have real life and work situations to damper shit. Might as well enjoy the fun things.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 30 2016, 08:09 AM) *
No Axis card for you! biggrin.gif

I'm always excited about this team, more than I should be sometimes.

That's called being a fan, or I should say fanatic. Good for you, and welcome to the club.
nephillymike
Speaking of the Axis club, I think I have a few more this year than in the past applying.

Then there's that guy from Scotland who's flunked a few times. Can't ace the grammar and spelling. I fell like Mrs Puff to his Sponge Bob.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 30 2016, 08:43 PM) *
Speaking of the Axis club, I think I have a few more this year than in the past applying.

Then there's that guy from Scotland who's flunked a few times. Can't ace the grammar and spelling. I fell like Mrs Puff to his Sponge Bob.

Did you really just type "Mrs Puff" and "Sponge Bob" ????
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 31 2016, 05:41 AM) *
Did you really just type "Mrs Puff" and "Sponge Bob" ????

Yes I did.

Do you know the reference?

If you had kids a certain age, you probably do.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 31 2016, 07:21 AM) *
Yes I did.

Do you know the reference?

If you had kids a certain age, you probably do.

Axis puff stuff biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 31 2016, 06:28 AM) *
Axis puff stuff biggrin.gif

Mrs Puff was the driving ed teacher and Sponge Bob failed the test numerous times, thus the parallel to Eyrie's failed Axis bid.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 30 2016, 03:15 PM) *
I think making it all about Bradford is taking your fun away.

I don't get it.

You originally said he wasn't good enough to get a good offer. The team comes along and gives him a decent offer, seemingly the only one but maybe not, not important. He's got a shot to play well, help us to a good season and parlay that into a more lucrative deal either here or there.

You're backing yourself into a corner. If he plays well and we do well, you'll be fighting all year with I told you so arguments. If that doesn't happen, you'll be fighting all year from the other side of the fence. Either way, you seem to be limiting your opportunity for enjoyment out of something that should be fun.

As you know, I'm not a big Bradford fan. I'm fine with him the person, just not high on him the QB. However, I would like nothing more than to have misjudged his QB skills and him to lead us to a playoff win and maybe greener pastures. Me being wrong will not effect my enjoyment one iota.

For you, it seems different.

If Sam struggles mightily, or gets hurt early, and the Kid pulls a Ben or a McNair or a Simms or a Flacco and uses his Div 2 skills to get us a playoff win, I think you would have zero enjoyment of that.

52 years and no championship for me. I don't care if it's Lucifer who QB's this team to a SB win. I'll hop on board for the ride.

I got robbed of a enjoyment of a championship once in this city with similar circumstances. They're too few and far between.

Lighten up and enjoy the game. We all have real life and work situations to damper shit. Might as well enjoy the fun things.

With Sam it is simple.....I don't think he or any other QB on the planet could have had success with the rams and people act as if guys like Brady can take a group of ragged misfits and make magic....this aint the movies and it doesn't happen.

I could be wrong on him and maybe he will suck but he was the first guy we have had since McNabb that looked like a pro QB. I think he will have a great year and if he does not I will have been wrong...not a first and not the last time.

If he sucks than I will be bumemd because it means the Eagles will suck. I do not think Daniel will be a decent solution and I don't think Wentz will be either. The only thing guys are writing about is Wentz liking to throw deep. What these idiot bloggers miss is that the West Coast is not a downfield offense....it is a ball control offense. Add to that the fact that Wentz completes about 1 in 5 deep balls when they have shorts on is missed on them.

We will learn a lot in pads. I think Sam will be fine and I will enjoy the season a whole lot.
The Franchise
QUOTE (xsv @ Jul 29 2016, 10:34 PM) *
But I'm more optimistic about this yearcthan I expected to be. I think Bradford, when healthy will play better tham last year. Hes stronger, and its an offense that suits his skillset better. And we have a decent backfueld.

I'd be perfectly happy except for the fact that we gave up so many picks to bring in fucking Wentz when we already have a QB. That being said, I'm glad The Fraud is gone and I'll give Pederson a fair shake. Studying under Andy for so long is a big boost for his admin. skills, but I'm nervously waiting to see if he understands basic clock management and unpredictable play calling.

Assuming we don't get wrecked by injuries, 9-7 or 10-6 is perfectly reasonable.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 31 2016, 01:27 PM) *
Mrs Puff was the driving ed teacher and Sponge Bob failed the test numerous times, thus the parallel to Eyrie's failed Axis bid.

I didn't get the reference, thus proving that appears to be a disadvantage to not having kids.

I just hope Wentz doesn't turn out to be the Sponge Bob.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.