Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason Peters Rips Kelly
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/07/...e/#more-3144326

He makes a lot of good points that a few other analyst types made last year. (Evans, Shlereth)

Maybe he was a total incompetent, and maybe it will be addition by subtraction even if we did add Pederson.

We'll see.

I know Kelly's methods were odd, but I can't see how running 1/3 of the plays in practice like the Eagles are doing this year is a good thing.

It's like we're being coached by the Slowskis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCwVF0zbI8

There's got to be a happy medium of mix of plays and coaching moments.
Eyrie
I've called for us to draft Peters' eventual replacement for a couple of years now so I'm hoping that the reduced workload, both on and off the field, will enable us to get another two good years from him.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 30 2016, 06:10 AM) *
I've called for us to draft Peters' eventual replacement for a couple of years now so I'm hoping that the reduced workload, both on and off the field, will enable us to get another two good years from him.

It's nice to be hopeful, but I don't have a good feel about him staying healthy or playing anywhere near his old Pro Bowl self.
nephillymike
I agree with his predictability comments of the play calling.

But, to me, I saw our tempo as an advantage to us overall.

I remember JJ Watt being down on one knee completely ineffective and gassed.

I'd take our matchup of an exhausted WAtt vs our tired OT, then a rested Watt vs our rested OT.

Also, teams didn't have time to call intricate blitzes. Advantage us.

The inability to audible. Stupidity by us.

I just don't think it was all bad.

Hopefully a rested Peters plays better against a rested DE than a tired Peters played against exhausted DE's.

And that's just Peters. I'm not sure mow well our OL last year would block other DL's without the hurry up exhaustion factor.
The Franchise
Morale can make all the difference in the world. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when veterans were discussing this shit with each other last year, Peters kept it professionally mild.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 30 2016, 08:39 PM) *
I agree with his predictability comments of the play calling.

But, to me, I saw our tempo as an advantage to us overall.

I remember JJ Watt being down on one knee completely ineffective and gassed.

I'd take our matchup of an exhausted WAtt vs our tired OT, then a rested Watt vs our rested OT.

Also, teams didn't have time to call intricate blitzes. Advantage us.

The inability to audible. Stupidity by us.

I just don't think it was all bad.

Hopefully a rested Peters plays better against a rested DE than a tired Peters played against exhausted DE's.

And that's just Peters. I'm not sure mow well our OL last year would block other DL's without the hurry up exhaustion factor.

From what players, both Eagles and opponents, say is that the tempo was hard to deal with but the predictability frequently was more relevant. This seems to be what we saw as teams became familiar with the offense. And I thought Peters biggest complaint wasn't the tired factor, but not adjusting to the defense and not getting RB/TE blocking help.

Kelly hung on to his belief that his genius would beat the other team and he refused to make adjustments. Other teams use tempo but they mix it in strategically rather than using it exclusively. Kelly didn't seem to respect what other teams have done to be successful, believing his way would revolutionize the NFL. I don't think Peters respected Kelly and it's starting to look like he wasn't in that room by himself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.