Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - This is one heck of a NBA Finals GM7
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Tie game 2:50 to go....

I am rooting for GSW, so it's likely they will lose on home court.
nephillymike
I had no horse in the race so I was just hoping for a great game that came down to the last minute.

It did and I was satisfied.

Lebron was more passive than he should have been late in the 4th when he had Curry on him. Then the last few minutes he got the three FT foul, hit the three and made that block. Kyrie hit the three and Curry didn't. Also, underplayed was Lowe's defense on Curry that prevented him from getting a good three off.

All things being equal, it was good to see the city of CLE win a championship. We know what championship droughts feel like.

I think if Bogut is healthy, that game may go the other way.

Last year CLE had no Lowe or Kyrie so it's fair fo this year.

Maybe next year both squads will be healthy and we'll see the deciding series.
Reality Fan
I am a fan of neither team but I am glad it settled a few things...

1. Curry may be the best shooter int he league...leave it at that...he is not the best player and he can't take over a game if the other team focuses on stopping him.
2. Lebron is an all around beast and he can do everything that Curry can't.

This series really turned on LeBron stopping trying to get his entire team involved and him taking over, truly impressive.

As far as Bogut? After the first 2 games, which he had little to do with, he had a total of 4 points and 6 rebounds in a little less than 3 games. He was as much as a non factor as you can find in a series.

Phits
Correction, Curry had the greatest (regular) season in history. he was an assassin this season. I have never seen another ball player shoot the lights out the way he did. Leave it that.

I never understood how it got spun into who is better Curry or Lebron. Clearly Lebron is the better overall player.

GSW was overconfident. When a jump shooting team gets overconfident but their shots stop falling, it's a recipe for disaster.

Remember Bogut went down in GM 5, at that point GSW had a 3-1 advantage in the series. Losing Bogut hurt GSW, not from a statistical standpoint, but because he is their only real interior defender....and they are already thin up front. Without him, that puts additional pressure on Draymond Green.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 20 2016, 08:28 PM) *
I am a fan of neither team but I am glad it settled a few things...

1. Curry may be the best shooter int he league...leave it at that...he is not the best player and he can't take over a game if the other team focuses on stopping him.
2. Lebron is an all around beast and he can do everything that Curry can't.

This series really turned on LeBron stopping trying to get his entire team involved and him taking over, truly impressive.

As far as Bogut? After the first 2 games, which he had little to do with, he had a total of 4 points and 6 rebounds in a little less than 3 games. He was as much as a non factor as you can find in a series.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 20 2016, 08:55 PM) *
Correction, Curry had the greatest (regular) season in history. he was an assassin this season. I have never seen another ball player shoot the lights out the way he did. Leave it that.

I never understood how it got spun into who is better Curry or Lebron. Clearly Lebron is the better overall player.

GSW was overconfident. When a jump shooting team gets overconfident but their shots stop falling, it's a recipe for disaster.

Remember Bogut went down in GM 5, at that point GSW had a 3-1 advantage in the series. Losing Bogut hurt GSW, not from a statistical standpoint, but because he is their only real interior defender....and they are already thin up front. Without him, that puts additional pressure on Draymond Green.

There is no correction...I said he was a great shooter....great shooters can be marginalized. Curry can't pick up a team and put it on his back like a Jordan or a James.

Before some silly narrative gets started on Bogut I suggest you rewatch the games prior to injury.
A few things will stand out.
In the first 2 blowout wins he did well because Cleveland gave up.
But in game 3 he played 12 minutes.....4 points, 1 block and 2 rebounds
In game 4 he played 10 minutes.....1 block, 1 rebound and no points
In game 5 he got hurt 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.....he had already played 7.5 minutes...he had 3 blocks and 4 fouls at that point so he was almost gone already...and again he had no points and 3 rebounds.
His playing time was already down in the series because he did not match up well with Cleveland's roster.

Bogut going down helped GS stay more athletic on the floor......their problem was that they don't have a guy who can take over a game.....lots of good shooters.....no clutch time leader. Curry is fun to watch, an exceptional shooter but not a guy to grab the game by the throat.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 20 2016, 10:20 PM) *
There is no correction...I said he was a great shooter....great shooters can be marginalized. Curry can't pick up a team and put it on his back like a Jordan or a James.

His regular season performance contradicts your comments.

Before some silly narrative gets started on Bogut I suggest you rewatch the games prior to injury.
A few things will stand out.
In the first 2 blowout wins he did well because Cleveland gave up.
But in game 3 he played 12 minutes.....4 points, 1 block and 2 rebounds
In game 4 he played 10 minutes.....1 block, 1 rebound and no points
In game 5 he got hurt 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.....he had already played 7.5 minutes...he had 3 blocks and 4 fouls at that point so he was almost gone already...and again he had no points and 3 rebounds.
His playing time was already down in the series because he did not match up well with Cleveland's roster.

The work Bogut put in doesn't show up on the stat sheets. The loss of Bogut as an inside presence meant that CLE was able to cheat on their defensive sets and play the perimeter so they could pressure a jump shooting team.

Bogut going down helped GS stay more athletic on the floor......their problem was that they don't have a guy who can take over a game.....lots of good shooters.....no clutch time leader. Curry is fun to watch, an exceptional shooter but not a guy to grab the game by the throat.

Let's not jump ahead of ourselves. Curry led his team to the championship last season and was the clear cut MVP this past regular season. Going down to the wire in the 7th game in the Finals is nothing to sneeze about.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 21 2016, 11:05 PM) *
His regular season performance contradicts your comments.

The work Bogut put in doesn't show up on the stat sheets. The loss of Bogut as an inside presence meant that CLE was able to cheat on their defensive sets and play the perimeter so they could pressure a jump shooting team.

Let's not jump ahead of ourselves. Curry led his team to the championship last season and was the clear cut MVP this past regular season. Going down to the wire in the 7th game in the Finals is nothing to sneeze about.

I said he is a tremendous shooter, the best in the NBA.....he is a great guard....but he is not in the same class as a James.

Bogut's playing time contradicts your point....he played a Quarter or less in the 2 games before he got hurt. He is not key to their success. Beyond that he is not a scorer so Cleveland could cheat regardless......youare talking about a guy who averaged 5 points a game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.