Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For the baseball fans: Phillies take Moniak #1
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Guy seemed to move up the charts in the last week or so. Apparently they are positioning themselves to take a guy that slides due to signing reasons at pick #42 so they can get two higher end guys.

Moniak is pretty intriguing. Fairly small for a HS bat, so he doesn't project to have a lot of power, but everyone says his bat is awesome and he regularly makes solid contact. He'll add power with age, but he's a contact, speed centerfield who will be able to stay in that position.

nephillymike
A local kid a SS from Holy Ghost Prep was rated #11 best prospect by ESPN. My son's best friend plays on his HS team.

Should be interesting to see how he does. I think his last name is Jones.

Baseball draft is such a crap shoot that it's anti climactic for me.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 9 2016, 07:45 PM) *
Guy seemed to move up the charts in the last week or so. Apparently they are positioning themselves to take a guy that slides due to signing reasons at pick #42 so they can get two higher end guys.

Moniak is pretty intriguing. Fairly small for a HS bat, so he doesn't project to have a lot of power, but everyone says his bat is awesome and he regularly makes solid contact. He'll add power with age, but he's a contact, speed centerfield who will be able to stay in that position.

The left-handed-hitting Moniak is 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds and is considered a five-tool talent whose stock rose throughout his senior season. He consistently hits to all fields with solid power to the gaps. Moniak is also an outstanding defensive player who has good speed and is expected to remain in center field as a pro.
Here...
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 9 2016, 06:52 PM) *
A local kid a SS from Holy Ghost Prep was rated #11 best prospect by ESPN. My son's best friend plays on his HS team.

Should be interesting to see how he does. I think his last name is Jones.

Baseball draft is such a crap shoot that it's anti climactic for me.

Kid rated 11th by ESPN and 20th by MLB.com and he still didn't get picked as of #52. He was there for Phils at #42.

Shame for the kid.

Hopefully he goes soon.
mcnabbulous
Think the Indians grabbed him. Signability is such a big factor it's hard to get too hung up on the ratings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.