Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N Noel for J Teague?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
I can't imagine they'd do that without a Teague contract extension. He's going to be a FA soon.

Why would an All Star caliber G want to come to Philly now?

Why would the Sixers want a 27 yr old PG?

HobbEs
They had interest in Teague during the season. Rumors were that they were working on a deal at the deadline for either Teague or Schroeder. (I prefer Teague). I'm sure they would have an extension in place before any deal is done.

With Embiiid, Saric and Simmons all coming aboard this year we might not be such a bad destination. Also, with Simmons handling the ball (like I expect) some of the time it would give Teague a chance to play off ball. The guy can shoot and it's something we need.

27 isn't old, in fact he's in his prime. Hell, he could play here another 8-9 years if things work out.
Joegrane
Would Saric come this year if the Sixers draft Simmons? Where is the PT for Saric in that scenario? They are similar players except Saric can shoot.

Saric would make much more $ if he waits another year.

This is another reason they might be leaning towards Ingram.

QUOTE (HobbEs @ Jun 3 2016, 09:11 AM) *
They had interest in Teague during the season. Rumors were that they were working on a deal at the deadline for either Teague or Schroeder. (I prefer Teague). I'm sure they would have an extension in place before any deal is done.

With Embiiid, Saric and Simmons all coming aboard this year we might not be such a bad destination. Also, with Simmons handling the ball (like I expect) some of the time it would give Teague a chance to play off ball. The guy can shoot and it's something we need.

27 isn't old, in fact he's in his prime. Hell, he could play here another 8-9 years if things work out.

D Rock
I would hate this trade. I'm not a big fan of Teague. Especially a guard who's game is dependent on his being super athletic. At 28, he's going to begin his down hill slide now. And with only 1 year on his contract, it makes no sense.

All that said, I'd be less inclined against it were it Okafor instead of Noel. Of the two, I'd want to keep Noel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.