Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking At The Eagles Position By Position: Offense
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Sharing this for rebuttal. Because "the intention is to provide a perspective directly from the Philadelphia Eagles", it's obviously going to resemble more of a PR piece than a critical analysis. Nonetheless, it's interesting to hear things like:
"Sam hasn't only been good in OTAs," Reich said, "he's been great. His production, everything about the way he has performed in OTAs has been, and it's not an overstatement to say this, off the charts. He's really been good."
This should be a super-productive group given the skills of Zach Ertz, Brent Celek and Trey Burton. Ertz is expected to be a central figure in the passing game and Celek is a big body with good hands who is going to be a target in the red zone. Burton just does everything right, and he's going to have a chance to get some reps.
Greg Lewis will become one of the team's best offseason acquisitions.

Despite some of the opposing views and snarky responses to my WR thread, I agree with the last quote about GLew and think that group will rival the OL for most improved in 2016.
nd9kel
If Reich is just trying to establish that there IS a QB pecking order for now, "off the charts" would not seem to be necessary describing Bradford's play thus far.

Especially interesting to me is the observation that Chris Pantale is the TE getting reps as backfield blocker.

Anyone else surprised that the whole playbook is in?
Reality Fan
What is funny is how Reich's comments will be dismissed as PR while his earlier comments were touted as gospel, as misinterpreted as they were.
Joegrane
I wonder if they are trying to get the entire, thick playbook on tape for the guys to study. This is the coaching staff's first year. I don't really know how the players go about learning but would not be surprised if that is part of the process.

QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jun 2 2016, 08:58 AM) *
Anyone else surprised that the whole playbook is in?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.