Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Walter Thurmond retires
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdman420
Doh... 28 years old, in his prime.
Joegrane
Was he asking for too much $? He did not have a bad year last year, especially for someone relatively new to the position and relative to the Safety play we've seen since Dawk.

QUOTE (Birdman420 @ May 31 2016, 03:27 PM) *
Doh... 28 years old, in his prime.

Birdman420
No I don't think so, only thing I can dig up is that he wants to be a director of documentaries.
D Rock
He's made a few million, and wants to get out with his head in tact. Good on him.
Joegrane
That's nice but he can do that for thirty years after he makes another 5 mil over the next two years.

He certainly looked like he had something left in the tank, definitely more than just a #3 safety. A guy with experience at both S and CB should have additional value.

QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Jun 1 2016, 10:32 AM) *
No I don't think so, only thing I can dig up is that he wants to be a director of documentaries.

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 1 2016, 10:42 AM) *
He's made a few million, and wants to get out with his head in tact. Good on him.

yep.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 1 2016, 04:31 PM) *
That's nice but he can do that for thirty years after he makes another 5 mil over the next two years.

He certainly looked like he had something left in the tank, definitely more than just a #3 safety. A guy with experience at both S and CB should have additional value.

Not if he's physically or mentally incapacitated.
nephillymike
It speaks volumes that so many pro football players are getting out early, especially since their careers are so short to begin with.

Sad really.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 1 2016, 11:20 PM) *
It speaks volumes that so many pro football players are getting out early, especially since their careers are so short to begin with.

Sad really.

I don't know about "sad." To me it shows the intelligence of players like Thurmond. He made a lot of money and decided to save his body and pursue a different career. I only wish I had had that opportunity. Look at how many retired players are penniless and live a crippled existence.
Joegrane
Were there reports about health problems in recent months?

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 1 2016, 09:00 PM) *
Not if he's physically or mentally incapacitated.

Joegrane:

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 2 2016, 04:29 PM) *
Were there reports about health problems in recent months?

He's a football player. The concern isn't the reported health problems now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.