Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For board agents, capologists and GM's
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Interested to hear what any would say is a fair 3 yr deal total $ and guaranteed amount.

The NYJ took to the media and said he'd get $12M in year 1 (including SB) but didn't say what the last two years of the 3 yr deal would bring.

Anyone?
mcnabbulous
I'd just stick with Geno and Hack devil03.gif
nephillymike
Here's a few numbers for rough comparables:

Avg Value Per Year

Bradford 17.5
Smith 17.0
Palmer 16.5
Dalton 16.0
Foles 12.3
Griffen 7.5
Daniel 7.0

Guaranteed $

Smith 45.0
Bradford 22.0
Palmer 20.5
Dalton 17.0
Foles 13.7
Daniel 12.0
Griffin 6.7

Even though he has better career W% and almost identical career stats, he's no Sam Bradford. Besides, his GM doesn't bid against himself like others.

I'll set the FMV for Fitz on a 3 yr deal at 3 yrs, $45M total with $15M guaranteed?

You buying?
Reality Fan
Wanna bet....? devil03.gif

Maybe he will get "average starter money"...hahahahaha

I am surprised that the Jets are not interested in signing him to a 3 year 36 million dollar deal...odd indeed.

Would seem reasonable and not be too brutal to get out of....even 40 million with half guaranteed...
nephillymike
It is so obvious how badly we over paid Daniel.

What a joke.

Even though against my betting interest, we over paid for Bradford too.

I am putting the final touches on:

The Bet II, The Sequel, Mikey's Revenge
Dreagon
Fitz had a great year, but he's been bouncing around the league for a reason. I think the Jets have to be extremely cautious about overpaying.
Zero
But the question is competition. I feel for the guy, he did a credible job for them last year and they appear to be disrespecting him with that offer. He wants to be there and his teammates want him there but apparently no other team wants him as a starter.

I get your point is Daniel's and Bradford's contracts but I still think it's irrelevant this year. They probably had to pay Daniel to leave KC and his deal will be in line with other backups by next year. When they signed Bradford they probably assumed they'd be drafting a QB in the third round who would need two years to groom and they didn't have Daniel at that point either. Maybe an argument could be made that they didn't show patience, but they're also trying to build a new structure over what they saw as a crumbling foundation left behind by Kelly the Brilliant.

Just because you have a new Axis card all laminated doesn't mean you have to flash it around like a Mike Schmidt rookie card.

There's growing need for another beer day with added personnel.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 29 2016, 05:44 AM) *
But the question is competition. I feel for the guy, he did a credible job for them last year and they appear to be disrespecting him with that offer. He wants to be there and his teammates want him there but apparently no other team wants him as a starter.

I get your point is Daniel's and Bradford's contracts but I still think it's irrelevant this year. They probably had to pay Daniel to leave KC and his deal will be in line with other backups by next year. When they signed Bradford they probably assumed they'd be drafting a QB in the third round who would need two years to groom and they didn't have Daniel at that point either. Maybe an argument could be made that they didn't show patience, but they're also trying to build a new structure over what they saw as a crumbling foundation left behind by Kelly the Brilliant.

Just because you have a new Axis card all laminated doesn't mean you have to flash it around like a Mike Schmidt rookie card.

There's growing need for another beer day with added personnel.

Mike Schmidt rookie card, one of my most sought out cards. sad.gif

I don't have a problem that they signed Bradford to the deal they did, when they did. (Well, maybe a half mill per year problem, but that was a losing bet well spent)

I do have with them severely over paying Daniel. With Pederson, Riech and Di Flippo, there is NO need to pay a QB player coach more guaranteed money than all backups combined, or for that matter, $7M more this year than Sanchez or a comparable backup to Sanchez. If you draft a kid, he can learn from one of the three former QB's on the coaching staff!

The fact that reports are out of OTA's that he looks significantly behind the other two, gives me more angst. At that type of money, he needs to be good enough to be real close to the NFL QB with bottom tier starting QB numbers. He simply does.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 29 2016, 06:30 AM) *

Looks like Nabby was right.
nephillymike
If you're Fitz at this point, I think you have two paths you can take:

1. Play on a one year deal and get whatever you can from the NYJ for that one year, knowing that they are screwing with you for this year, but at least you can get back it there in FA next year to get a better long term deal

2. Hang tight and wait for the inevitable injury to a starting QB. No guarantees here, and realistically, you don't know where you'll end up.

I would stay clear of a long term deal with NYJ at the numbers they're rumored to be offering.
Reality Fan
3 years....24 million.....that is Chase Daniels money......he should be insulted..
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 30 2016, 08:12 AM) *
3 years....24 million.....that is Chase Daniels money......he should be insulted..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...ars-24-million/

Yeah, I see that.

If you are his agent, what do you suggest?

It's not that I see Fitz as great, but I agree with you, he should be insulted.

What do you advise?
Joegrane
Whew, the Eagles managed to avoid that mess at QB.

The bigger takeaway is that the nothing-personal situation between team and player is quickly getting personal, starting with sympathy OTA absences by receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, continuing with the teamís obvious effort to make Fitzpatrick look greedy, and culminating in Fitzpatrickís effort to expose the Jets as cheap.

In contrast, we in Philly are complaining that the Eagles anointed Bradford the starter.

Hopefully they'll avoid that mess with F Cox.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 30 2016, 12:27 PM) *

Yeah, I see that.

What do you advise?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 30 2016, 12:27 PM) *

Yeah, I see that.

What do you advise?

3 years, 40 million, 20 guaranteed
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 30 2016, 02:43 PM) *
3 years, 40 million, 20 guaranteed

Seems fair, can't argue with that.

However, if they ain't ponying up with that deal, what is your advice to Fitz?

Do you like my one year deal suggestion as opposed to the 3 yrs 24M offered?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.