Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Over under win totals for NFC East what is success?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
from Bovada, here are the over/under win totals for the NFC East:

DAL = 9.5
NYG = 8.0
WAS = 7.5
PHI = 7.0

That's concerning. I guess they see no improvement in our squad.

What would be considered a successful year for Pedey, and what is the minimum that is acceptable for year 1?

Successful is 10 or more wins and a playoff win.

Minimum acceptable is 9 wins.

That being said, I think we have enough talent and if Chip can go 10-6 in year one with clueless Billy D as DC, methinks there is no reason that Pedey can't do the same with Schwartz at the helm.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2016, 10:41 PM) *
from Bovada, here are the over/under win totals for the NFC East:

DAL = 9.5
NYG = 8.0
WAS = 7.5
PHI = 7.0

That's concerning. I guess they see no improvement in our squad.

What would be considered a successful year for Pedey, and what is the minimum that is acceptable for year 1?

Successful is 10 or more wins and a playoff win.

Minimum acceptable is 9 wins.

That being said, I think we have enough talent and if Chip can go 10-6 in year one with clueless Billy D as DC, methinks there is no reason that Pedey can't do the same with Schwartz at the helm.

Completely agree
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2016, 10:41 PM) *

I don't think that's a fair comparison. Chip's offense caught most teams unprepared and the NFC East was much more of a shambles than it is now.

Rookie HC and players adjusting to totally new routines and new schemes the first half of the season could be a challenge. The way the schedule is written is another challenge - facing teams coming off of byes with our bye early. Looking at it now, after week 5 against the Lions there's not a "should-win" on the schedule.

A successful season under these circumstances will be breaking .500, amazing if they go 10-6.
Joegrane
I agree with Zero. Other teams in the East would have to fall apart due to injury for the birds to get to 10 wins.

Also is there not a simplicity to Chip's offense that would allow a new team to flourish sooner in the new system? They had some big weapons on O, a very good O Line and a QB who was on fire.

I'm really interested to see how good that D is going to be without the pressure from Chip's weak time of possession and in a 4-3 alignment that is better suited for their talents.

If the O Line can allow them to run a little and if Matthews takes what the O Line gives him rather than taking the head off of every DB he encounters, they might be a solid offense.

I think the passing game will be okay due to Bradford's accuracy, improved O Line protection, more experience and depth at WR.

I expect them to sign a veteran RB who is not a small back to replace the little Duck. That would give them a solid 4 RBs without having to rely too much on the undersized Sproles or the over matched rookie.

QUOTE (Zero @ May 22 2016, 06:00 AM) *
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Chip's offense caught most teams unprepared and the NFC East was much more of a shambles than it is now.

Rookie HC and players adjusting to totally new routines and new schemes the first half of the season could be a challenge. The way the schedule is written is another challenge - facing teams coming off of byes with our bye early. Looking at it now, after week 5 against the Lions there's not a "should-win" on the schedule.

A successful season under these circumstances will be breaking .500, amazing if they go 10-6.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 22 2016, 09:37 AM) *
I agree with Zero. Other teams in the East would have to fall apart due to injury for the birds to get to 10 wins.

Also is there not a simplicity to Chip's offense that would allow a new team to flourish sooner in the new system? They had some big weapons on O, a very good O Line and a QB who was on fire.

I'm really interested to see how good that D is going to be without the pressure from Chip's weak time of possession and in a 4-3 alignment that is better suited for their talents.

If the O Line can allow them to run a little and if Matthews takes what the O Line gives him rather than taking the head off of every DB he encounters, they might be a solid offense.

I think the passing game will be okay due to Bradford's accuracy, improved O Line protection, more experience and depth at WR.

I expect them to sign a veteran RB who is not a small back to replace the little Duck. That would give them a solid 4 RBs without having to rely too much on the undersized Sproles or the over matched rookie.

That back should be Chris Polk IMO.
Joegrane
With Polk you know you have a willing and able special teamer as well as a solid short-yardage back. Last year I wanted the Eagles to go with Matthews and Polk instead of the Cowgirl with a nifty short yardage slide.

Bryce Brown at age 25 is also available. I'm surprised he has bounced around even with his size and speed. He might not get another opportunity after not producing last year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15092/bryce-brown

This is a nice list of available RBs. Does it seem to be sorted by their assessment of projected value?
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/running-back/

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 22 2016, 11:12 PM) *
That back should be Chris Polk IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.