Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about this gem from Pedey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I just saw this on a Quick Slant's from earlier in the week.

"Allen Barbre's our starting LG. He's our guy there."

That's a concern.

Barbre has earned absolutely zero right to be named anybody's guy at any position.

The real coach answer is "We need improved performance at that position and we're looking forward to a good competition there with Allen, Wiz and Isaac. Right now, Allen is listed as first team but it will be based on how they all play.

I mean really!!

If this is what emotional intelligence is all about, then I think we hired the wrong trait.

Seriously. Allen Fucking Barbre??

I have some concerns about Pedey.

Hey Doug, one word:

COMPETITION

If you don't feel comfortable using it for your QB position, at least have the balls to use it for a journeyman O linemanwho struggled.

Geez Louise he seems soft as a coach.

Allen Fucking Barbre

Who's next on the "our man" parade, Josh Huff?
Zero
Or, maybe he's implementing the age old adage that the vet has to lose his job in competition. I'm not sold on DP but let's not get hysterical yet. biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 21 2016, 07:23 AM) *
Or, maybe he's implementing the age old adage that the vet has to lose his job in competition. I'm not sold on DP but let's not get hysterical yet. biggrin.gif

I'm all non emotional on the Bradford conversation so I have to have an outlet for my Axis agenda somewhere!!

But all joking aside, what do you think about that comment?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2016, 08:47 AM) *
I'm all non emotional on the Bradford conversation so I have to have an outlet for my Axis agenda somewhere!!

But all joking aside, what do you think about that comment?

It's too early to know what his motivations are. I'm generally concerned about the guy but I'm willing to give it some time to see how the team reacts to him. I also think that Schwartz may be here for more than just the defense.
Reality Fan
So far DP has done little to impress me.

He may just need time to get his feet under him but he is struggling right now.
mcnabbulous
Jesus Christ he hasn't fielded a starting team yet, let alone coached a game. Let's not get worked up over hypotheticals and coach speak just yet.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 21 2016, 03:10 PM) *
Jesus Christ he hasn't fielded a starting team yet, let alone coached a game. Let's not get worked up over hypotheticals and coach speak just yet.

C'mon Nabby!

Short on sleep with the baby girl??

He said his guy, I couldn't resist!! You got to love the Donna Wells connection.

BTW, on my way in a few to my "baby girl's" college graduation mass.

Enjoy it.

The time flies.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2016, 04:25 PM) *
You got to love the Donna Wells connection.

Mary ... Mary Wells. rolleyes.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2016, 03:25 PM) *
C'mon Nabby!

Short on sleep with the baby girl??

He said his guy, I couldn't resist!! You got to love the Donna Wells connection.

BTW, on my way in a few to my "baby girl's" college graduation mass.

Enjoy it.

The time flies.

I just get a kick out of the whole coach speak shit. You guys dogged on Andy. Ate up Chip's early bullshit, then hated him when he started losing. Now are getting worked up over this early stuff by Doug.

Barbre is the incumbent. Let's not worry about it until he's fucking shit up on the field.

And enjoy the ceremony. I'm trying to soak up all this newborn joy.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 21 2016, 03:52 PM) *
Mary ... Mary Wells. rolleyes.gif

Then who is Donna Wells?

Is that Marianne form Gilligan?

No that's Dawn Wells. (BTW, I'll take her over Ginger)

OK, Mary Wells.

I was just checking if my older board mate Z would catch it.

You pass.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 21 2016, 03:56 PM) *
I just get a kick out of the whole coach speak shit. You guys dogged on Andy. Ate up Chip's early bullshit, then hated him when he started losing. Now are getting worked up over this early stuff by Doug.

Barbre is the incumbent. Let's not worry about it until he's fucking shit up on the field.

And enjoy the ceremony. I'm trying to soak up all this newborn joy.

I actually like how Pedey presents himself. Seems sincere and not shit shovelling.

I just don't see the need for declaring someone as marginal as Barbre as "his guy". What does Wiz think? I'd want all my guys knowing they have a legit shot. His words doesn't promote the general concept of fair competiiton.

Not sure about his coaching acumen, but he did the most important thing as Andy has shown, hire a good defensive coordinator.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2016, 08:32 PM) *
What does Wiz think?

Hopefully that he's got to outplay the coaches guy to win the job.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 21 2016, 03:13 PM) *
So far DP has done little to impress me.

He may just need time to get his feet under him but he is struggling right now.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm sure he'd be crying in his cornflakes if he knew you were unimpressed.

Exactly HOW is he "struggling" through OTAs?

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 23 2016, 10:21 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm sure he'd be crying in his cornflakes if he knew you were unimpressed.

Exactly HOW is he "struggling" through OTAs?

and I am am concerned that you disagree?...lol...that actually makes me feel better.

But a guy like you is likely impressed with his stuttering answers.....as I said...he may just need time to get comfortable. The only thing that matters is how the players see him because what we think doesn't matter at all. I am hopeful that he is a strong and confident presence to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.