Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Sproles thing is overblown
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
After his tweet today mocking the report that he is seeking a contract extension, I think the guy talked to Pederson and got a pass on voluntary OTAs, for whatever reason. When he shows up on the 7th this story dies.
D Rock
Agreed. He's a 32 year old running back. The last thing he needs is more work.
Reality Fan
what happen to the "it is a new offense and he needs to learn it" or :he is under contract and should be there for his teammates"?

too damn funny
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 19 2016, 09:22 PM) *
what happen to the "it is a new offense and he needs to learn it" or :he is under contract and should be there for his teammates"?

too damn funny

Please don't tell me that you are trying to draw a comparison between a limited possession RB/special teams player in the twilight of his career to a player who wants to be the face of a franchise?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ May 19 2016, 09:30 PM) *
Please don't tell me that you are trying to draw a comparison between a limited possession RB/special teams player in the twilight of his career to a player who wants to be the face of a franchise?

by pointing out the hypocrisy....never...lol

but an RB has nothing to learn, I guess. especially one on a team bereft of, you know, RBs.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 20 2016, 02:22 AM) *

too damn funny

What's too damn funny is a numb nutz wind bag likening 10 year veteran RBs learning curve in a new offense to a quarterback.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 19 2016, 10:29 PM) *
What's too damn funny is a numb nutz wind bag likening 10 year veteran RBs learning curve in a new offense to a quarterback.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Or a pompous dumbfuck thinking a 6 year vet who started in the West Coast offense would be hurt missing some weight lifting and throwing sessions...especially when said pompous dumbfuck windbag apparently can't read when reporters point out said 6 year vet looked leaps and bounds better throwing the ball then the guy who is an expert in the offense and who did not miss the passing sessions.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 19 2016, 09:58 PM) *
by pointing out the hypocrisy....never...lol

but an RB has nothing to learn, I guess. especially one on a team bereft of, you know, RBs.

Hey RF, given Sproles spent plenty of time in NO in an offense pretty much like this one I don't think you have an apple to apple comparison. Bradford has a much steeper learning curve for his position, and it sounds like Sproles had communicated with Pederson. It would be hypocritical if the players were in equal situations, but they are not.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ May 19 2016, 11:40 PM) *
Hey RF, given Sproles spent plenty of time in NO in an offense pretty much like this one I don't think you have an apple to apple comparison. Bradford has a much steeper learning curve for his position, and it sounds like Sproles had communicated with Pederson. It would be hypocritical if the players were in equal situations, but they are not.

Bradford was rookie of the year running the same offense as a rookie at the QB position so he really does not have much of a learning curve. On top of that, Pederson's West Coast, like Reid's, is more running oriented than tha Saints have ever been. New orleans always utilizes their WRs and TEs much more than a traditional West Coast offense.

What is hypocritical is all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about one guy missing part of voluntary camp...voluntary camp and yawning about another missing all of it.

Funny stuff actually. Even funnier as several beat writers now point out the same thing.
Phits
I think you're missing the point. Sammy is supposed to be the leader of the team. Skipping (voluntary) workouts and publicly demanding a trade reflects poorly on him. That is not the case with Darren Sproles. There is no comparison between the two

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 19 2016, 11:25 PM) *
reporters point out said 6 year vet looked leaps and bounds better throwing the ball then the guy who is an expert in the offense

Links?

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ May 20 2016, 12:12 AM) *
I think you're missing the point. Sammy is supposed to be the leader of the team. Skipping (voluntary) workouts and publicly demanding a trade reflects poorly on him. That is not the case with Darren Sproles. There is no comparison between the two

Links?

Now there is the funny part...so you want him to be a leader but can't wait til he is gone? I see your logic. lol

I am glad he takes his role seriously though I am sure it is now about playing lights out to increase his value for any team he is traded to so he can negotiate an extension but it is funny that you want the "dead man walking" to be a leader....talk about ironic.

By the way...how many reporters have to either correctly report or eat crow about what utter bullshit it was that the players were not bothered at all. Derrick Gunn even had to eat his shit sandwich on the subject on Comcast.

I already posted the links to Sielski and Murphy on the podcast and McLane's comments on OTAs.

Malcolm Jenkins set all of them straight with his comments on the situation. I laugh how all the hurt fans ignore all the player's comments. Bradford only pissed off the fans.....who did not like him all that much anyway.....and don't really matter in the locker room at all.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 19 2016, 11:51 PM) *
Bradford was rookie of the year running the same offense as a rookie at the QB position so he really does not have much of a learning curve. On top of that, Pederson's West Coast, like Reid's, is more running oriented than tha Saints have ever been. New orleans always utilizes their WRs and TEs much more than a traditional West Coast offense.

What is hypocritical is all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about one guy missing part of voluntary camp...voluntary camp and yawning about another missing all of it.

Funny stuff actually. Even funnier as several beat writers now point out the same thing.

Actually, I believe the bitching came more from his trade request and refusal to speak to anyone, factors that makes each situation somewhat different. It seems like Pederson knew what was going on with Sproles, while Sam went into hiding, again a big difference. I don't care that he missed a week or two, it was the way he went about it. He banked a 5.5M signing bonus a few months back and then has a hissy fit? He is an overly-self-entitled asshole who has not really competed for a starting role since signing his massive rookie contract. He is gutsy on the field, but at best he is a good game manager, not a game breaker. Sproles is a situational player, his biggest role at this point being punt returns, not nearly as vital as your signal caller.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ May 20 2016, 01:06 AM) *
Actually, I believe the bitching came more from his trade request and refusal to speak to anyone, factors that makes each situation somewhat different. It seems like Pederson knew what was going on with Sproles, while Sam went into hiding, again a big difference. I don't care that he missed a week or two, it was the way he went about it. He banked a 5.5M signing bonus a few months back and then has a hissy fit? He is an overly-self-entitled asshole who has not really competed for a starting role since signing his massive rookie contract. He is gutsy on the field, but at best he is a good game manager, not a game breaker. Sproles is a situational player, his biggest role at this point being punt returns, not nearly as vital as your signal caller.

I understand your point but it is clear that he spoke with, as his teammates said, 90% of the guys on the team.

I guess the real question is this.....the Eagles made a hige trade to get Wentz and that is fine and many fans want Wentz to play as soon as possible and I even agree with that. That means they can't wait for Bradford to go and that is fine. You, yourself describe him in less than flattering terms and that is fine. So why do you think you or any other fan is entitled to demand that a guy you want gone should do anything over and above what his contract demands? If he wants to get traded now that his future beyond this year is in doubt why does that bother you? I love the "entitled" horseshit. He signed a contract when he was drafted and played on a shitty team and never bitched once. He tore his knee up twice and rehabbed and came back and worked his ass off to do so. That is entitled? The Eagles gave up a 2nd round pick for him, is that his fault? The Eagles gave him 22 million guaranteed...is that his fault?

Simply ridiculous...
samaroo
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 20 2016, 12:51 PM) *

I'm way less upset with Bradford missing voluntary workouts than with him publicly bitching about his standing on the team right after signing his contract. That coupled with him missing workouts, and added to him wanting to be "the man" on this team makes him look terrible. And not very worthy of a leadership position. So all of that adds up to me not really wanting him here anymore. He's proven to be a mediocre QB and is proving to be a whining, me-first person, so he can go as far as I'm concerned.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 20 2016, 12:27 AM) *
Now there is the funny part...so you want him to be a leader but can't wait til he is gone? I see your logic. lol

I am glad he takes his role seriously though I am sure it is now about playing lights out to increase his value for any team he is traded to so he can negotiate an extension but it is funny that you want the "dead man walking" to be a leader....talk about ironic.

Until he isn't, Sammy is the face of the franchise.

Derrick Gunn even had to eat his shit sandwich on the subject on Comcast.

How so? I don't live in the Philly area, so I am not privy to the day to day sports radio chats.

Malcolm Jenkins set all of them straight with his comments on the situation. I laugh how all the hurt fans ignore all the player's comments. Bradford only pissed off the fans.....who did not like him all that much anyway.....and don't really matter in the locker room at all.

Jenkins knows how to play the game. Teams aren't supposed to air their dirty laundry in public. Sammy should take a lesson. Acting like a professional doesn't mean you don't hold a grudge.
mcnabbulous
RF - c'mon man. You're not really comparing the two are you? Not really, right. You can't be.

I'll give you credit, man..you're one stubborn mule.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ May 20 2016, 10:23 AM) *
Until he isn't, Sammy is the face of the franchise.

How so? I don't live in the Philly area, so I am not privy to the day to day sports radio chats.

Jenkins knows how to play the game. Teams aren't supposed to air their dirty laundry in public. Sammy should take a lesson. Acting like a professional doesn't mean you don't hold a grudge.

You can't argue that he is the leader on one hand and celebrate his replacement on the other.....how do you reconcile that he should feel he is the leader for a team that is planning on replacing him? That is the part that I don't get.

The media, particularly Gunn and Fat Ruben Frank made a huge deal about how the players feel...a huge deal. The problem is they did not ask the players. Since Bradford is back they actually asked the question and Frank is absent from the camera for now and Gunn and the rest of the talking heads have had to admit that both on the record and off the record the players support Bradford. Gunn actually even added the "off the record" as did Zach Berman.

Jenkins does not air the dirty laundry? Really? The same guy who put out a lounge chair for Murray in front of the press at TC? Jenkins is refreshingly candid as he was about Bradford. Since you are not in the area I realize that you may have missed his comments. He flat out said that he does not ask why Howie cuts or trades a player so he has no problem at all with what Sam did. It is a business. His words.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 20 2016, 11:00 AM) *
RF - c'mon man. You're not really comparing the two are you? Not really, right. You can't be.

I'll give you credit, man..you're one stubborn mule.

No...I have fully come to expect convenient double standards......funny how Cary Williams missed the voluntary workouts and he was evil but Sproles is fine.....

But I guess you don't compare those 2 either.

I am not stubborn...I just dislike hypocrisy faux outrage
mcnabbulous
Because Cary Williams was new to our organization. He had no track record.

We all know what Sproles can do. My standard for Sproles is the same as it is for Cox.

You seem to believe that unproven commodities deserve to be treated like proven, valuable assets. We disagree there, apparently.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 20 2016, 02:02 PM) *
Because Cary Williams was new to our organization. He had no track record.

We all know what Sproles can do. My standard for Sproles is the same as it is for Cox.

You seem to believe that unproven commodities deserve to be treated like proven, valuable assets. We disagree there, apparently.

it is hopeless

The excuses come regardless.

Williams was a vet.and a a prized FA coming off a SB win....a vet like Sproles....the offense is a new one so one player has to be there for all of it but another can miss all of it.(even though one already ran this version or a close cousin of it)

The bottom line is the standards are whatever is convenient.....pretty simple and pretty ridiculous. What is funny is that you think I care about Bradford.....I merely point out the absurdity of the fan "outrage" , something several Beat writers....Murphy, Hayes, Seilski et al have now also voiced.
mcnabbulous
Bradford and Williams suck. Sproles and Cox are good. I can't boil it down any more simply for you.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 20 2016, 02:45 PM) *
Bradford and Williams suck. Sproles and Cox are good. I can't boil it down any more simply for you.

We will know soon enough......care to put your money were your mouth is?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 20 2016, 02:03 PM) *

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to wager on here
D Rock
laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 20 2016, 02:03 PM) *

Well the fact that Sconces didn't even last the year in SEA would seem to be a pretty good indication that as I said numerous times, he fucking blows!!!

Don't go Sconces on me.

That big mouth, no talent point the finger at the other guy hack is done!!

Now is far as Bradford and Sproles, I do not know.

I just want all of you other guys to know that I have first dibs on RF's bet on Bradford's superiority.

Back off.

Last we spoke, he was ticketed for the top ten in the NFL I believe. If it wasn't for that lady jumping in, I may have had him betting he was a HOF shoe in!!
nephillymike
It's funny to me.

I normally have no problem joining in on the donneybrook.

I just don't have much enthusiasm for this one.

Bradford has to play well enough to win the job and well enough to keep it while we are contenders.

If he isn't good enough to do that, he is history.

If he is good enough to do that but the team isn't good enough to contend, he is history, bring in the Kid.

If he plays really well and we make the playoffs, we have something to get excited about.

I prefer the latter by far, but not concerned of the first two.

As Glenn Frey said, It's a peaceful easy feeling.....................
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 20 2016, 10:09 PM) *
Well the fact that Sconces didn't even last the year in SEA would seem to be a pretty good indication that as I said numerous times, he fucking blows!!!

Don't go Sconces on me.

That big mouth, no talent point the finger at the other guy hack is done!!

Now is far as Bradford and Sproles, I do not know.

I just want all of you other guys to know that I have first dibs on RF's bet on Bradford's superiority.

Back off.

Last we spoke, he was ticketed for the top ten in the NFL I believe. If it wasn't for that lady jumping in, I may have had him betting he was a HOF shoe in!!

It was top 12...I was not that buzzed.....trying to take advantage of me drinking the high test beer....shame on you...lol

I knew I should have ordered more wings!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.