Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great article on Wentz!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I realize there's a lot of hype over this kid, but everything ... everything I read about him tells a story of greatness in the making. He doesn't have a history of the pampered athlete, entitlement or arrogance. All we hear is that he's immensely talented, humble, driven, intelligent and coachable.
When Kameron Wingenbach was in high school, he worked at Pebble Creek Golf Course in Bismarck. One day, Wentz visited him and hit a ball in the driving range, but he didn’t hit it well, so Wentz left, bought new golf clubs fitted for his size and returned every day to practice until he outdrove Wingenbach by 100 yards.

“Most competitive guy I’ve ever met,” Wingenbach, a close friend of Wentz’s, now says. “It was kind of annoying. He always had to be the best at everything he did. He had this determination about him. If he wasn’t good at something right away, he would put his time in and work his tail off until he was the best, and then he would go and excel at something else.”

Wentz’s friends, teammates and coaches insist you can’t find anyone who has anything bad to say about Wentz, whom they call “likable,” “humble” and “low-key,” but one thing that is easy to find is stories about his internal drive.
The Bison also wanted to take advantage of their quarterback’s intelligence and film study, so they scrapped the idea of having him just call the offensive line protections at the line of scrimmage. Instead, they sometimes only told him the personnel they were sending on the field, leaving Wentz to call any play he wanted — run or pass — out of any formation.

“He’s active with game plans, and he wants to be a part of putting that together for your opponent,” Hedberg says. “He’ll be the first guy in and the last guy out because he’s going to work at it. He has a coach’s mentality. If there’s anybody I’ve ever worked with who’s been close to a coach, it’s him.”
“They’re passionate here,” Wentz says, “they hate losing and I’m like, ‘Heck, I fit right in!'”

Linc ...
nephillymike
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

I'm smitten!!
Joegrane
Yea, that's a winning combination--physical skills, intelligence, good attitude, character, competitive, seemingly natural leadership skills and a level of toughness. Remember he doesn't like to slide.

QUOTE (Zero @ May 13 2016, 09:19 AM) *
I realize there's a lot of hype over this kid, but everything ... everything I read about him tells a story of greatness in the making. He doesn't have a history of the pampered athlete, entitlement or arrogance. All we hear is that he's immensely talented, humble, driven, intelligent and coachable.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 14 2016, 10:10 AM) *
Remember he doesn't like to slide.

He better learn. He's not playing Western Montana A&M anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.