Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congrats McNabbulous!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Welcome to the blissful world of parenthood!!

Glad to hear your wife and little one are doing well.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 12 2016, 09:08 PM) *
OT: I know a few of you had graciously asked about the status of my pending arrival and I can happily say that she was a wonderful little Mother's Day gift this past Sunday. Everything didn't go as smoothly as you could hope, but I'm happy to say that both my daughter and wife are doing great now.

We're currently watching her first Phillies game together.

nephillymike
That's great Nabby!!

Hope you and the wife had some sleep in the days before. You'll need it.

A great Mother's Day gift!!

Enjoy, there's nothing better. You had the girl first as she'll be the responsible one. Now you need the boy to even the score which comes in handy when deciding what things you will do as a family. There's only so many dace recitals one can take. You need the football or baseball games in there to keep the sanity!!

The day my daughter was born, we too watched our first Phillies game together in the hospital bed, with my wife and I and our new born bundle of joy.

However, this first Phillies game was none other than the Joe Carter game.

The joy of fatherhood and the agony of being a Philadelphia sports fan all in one fine moment. That crushing loss was easier to take with my little girl in my arms. Definitely softened the blow of a heart wrenching loss.

Now let me guess on a few possible names:

Genoine (pronounced Janeen, but spelled appropriately)

Kristian (female version of Christian)

Am I close? biggrin.gif
samaroo
Congrats again, Nabby!

May I suggest Donovanelle? biggrin.gif
mcnabbulous
Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if it warranted a new thread or hijacking one of the very necessary Sam Bradford appreciation threads.

As for the name, it does happen to match that of a Philly sports legend (although he is better known for his days in another city). And he's not the mostly highly regarded figure.

I always thought I had wanted a boy, but leading up to finding out, my heart was saying girl and I can only confirm that I'm ecstatic with that outcome. Hopefully she will be the type to take in a Sunday Eagles game with her old man.
Pila
Little girls are evil. Say goodbye to your will power. Your will now belongs to her. Resistance is futile.

Hopefully she'll go easy on you. Good luck.
Reality Fan
Congratulations......awesome news....

Glad the wife and baby are both happy and healthy...

Pila is right.....she will wrap you around her finger...lol

Zero
xsv
Congrats, bud!
make_it_rain
woooooooooo cheers.gif
Rick
Congrats! You may be crazy with some of your ideas about the Eagles but welcome to the fold of parenthood. Best thing ever.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ May 13 2016, 10:35 AM) *
Congrats! You may be crazy with some of your ideas about the Eagles but welcome to the fold of parenthood. Best thing ever.

Thanks everyone! My daughter will definitely have strong opinions on wasting early draft picks on OL. smile.gif
D Rock
Find the song by louden wainwright "that's my daughter"

Congrats, Bud!

cheers.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 13 2016, 06:58 PM) *
Thanks everyone! My daughter will definitely have strong opinions on wasting early draft picks on OL. smile.gif

I was going to say something nice until I read that ohmy.gif

Congratulations and best wishes to you all cheers.gif
Rick
Do your daughter a favor and steer her away from the lifetime of pain that is being an Eagles' fan. I didn't do that for my two boys (13 and 10). Not sure what I was thinking....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ May 15 2016, 04:54 PM) *
Do your daughter a favor and steer her away from the lifetime of pain that is being an Eagles' fan. I didn't do that for my two boys (13 and 10). Not sure what I was thinking....

Yep.

Same here.

My boys are now 19 and 18 and they can probably have me indicted for being an abusive parent for their Eagle fandom.

I hear there is a special wing in the pen for convicted adult Eagles fans with kids.
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 15 2016, 06:01 PM) *
Yep.

Same here.

My boys are now 19 and 18 and they can probably have me indicted for being an abusive parent for their Eagle fandom.

I hear there is a special wing in the pen for convicted adult Eagles fans with kids.

Yeah, I'll be in there... sad.gif
bwc2112
Congrats Kid, pad your bank account your gonna need it . Out of three (27 the youngest) wife and I have been akid free home fora year. Although, they still call for money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.