Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's What Sam should say when he reports
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He would put it to rest and stick it to management in a subtle way.

====================================================================

"I'm here and ready to play for my teammates, my coaches and our fans.

I have been assured that for my two years here, it will be a fair competition for the starting QB job of this team.

It doesn't matter what someone's salary is (a jab at himself)

Or who has a previous relationship with the head coach ( a jab at Daniel)

Or who was drafted by the team ( a jab at Wentz)

the only thing that matters is who plays the best for these two years (a jab at Howie to make sure he knows he's expecting to get paid BOTH years, even if he fibs about this a little) and that person will be the starting QB for this team.

That is the only thing that matters to me, to my teammates, to my coaches and to the fans of this team.

I look forward to getting back to football and will do everything I can to give this team a chance to succeed these next two years.

I do not wish to be a distraction and would like to put this behind us and as such I will not be answering any questions on the matter. Thanks for your understanding."
===================================================================

First of all, he has to have confidence in his ability to handle competition to say that. I'm not sure that is the case, but it is not like he has to beat out a starting NFL QB for the job. He should feel confident to say that. If he does, he puts it behind him, says what people should want to hear, and throws it right back to Howie and Doug by saying that he wants open competition for BOTH years, and that no special favors are tolerated. He comes out looking confident, and he puts the coaches and management on notice that they need to do what's right.

Of course if he isn't the best QB and is beaten out of the job, then it looks bad, and maybe he should look for preferable treatment, but I would like to believe he has some confidence in his ability to win the starting job.

If Howie or Doug says or does anything else, it will be seen as a sham. Sam would have backed them in a corner while giving the fans what they want to hear.

Do you think he believes in his abilities to say this and do you think it will work?
Zero
Way too confrontational. Just say you're here to be an Eagle and help your teammates win.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 9 2016, 05:04 AM) *
Way too confrontational. Just say you're here to be an Eagle and help your teammates win.

Just a tad confrontational, but really, is it not what his teammates deserve, knowledge that the best man will play in either year?

As a fan, that's all I want.
Zero
Take the Teddy Roosevelt approach for me.
nd9kel
Bradford WILL be issuing a statement later today, as his agent confirms the trade demand is rescinded. Sam will be in the building today. Play ball.
Zero
QUOTE (nd9kel @ May 9 2016, 09:23 AM) *
Bradford WILL be issuing a statement later today, as his agent confirms the trade demand is rescinded. Sam will be in the building today. Play ball.

Link?
Joegrane
Must have been written on toilet paper. That's what it sounds--err--smells like.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ommitted-eagles

It is not awful, but was written by his lawyer.

The bottom line is that he's in camp and other team leaders are okay with him.

QUOTE (Zero @ May 9 2016, 09:32 AM) *
Link?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.