Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And this sums it up pretty well
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
You love yourself some Sielski.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 3 2016, 04:52 PM) *
You love yourself some Sielski.

Not really....no feeling one way or the other about him....I like Murphy, he is pretty bright and writes well. I have read some of Sielski's stuff. Seems ok but I would have to read more to have an opinion. He just explains it far better than I did.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 3 2016, 03:55 PM) *
Not really....no feeling one way or the other about him....I like Murphy, he is pretty bright and writes well. I have read some of Sielski's stuff. Seems ok but I would have to read more to have an opinion. He just explains it far better than I did.

Yeah, after I posted that I remembered it was Murphy who you swoon over.

I still don't really agree with the sentiment. Just because something is popular (in this case starting young QB's early) doesn't make it right.

Oh well.
Phits
I guess it depends on your side of the fence. Solomon Wilcots and Heath Evans are tools, but I agree with their sentiment:

"You draft a guy at my spot, even if he's a first round pick, guess what we say 'Bring It!' That's what we say."
We don't want you to be handed the position, go earn it. Make them sit the second overall pick."

Video Link

Evans said, players (current and former) understand holding out for money, but that's not the case. Players understand fighting for your livelihood not because you might have the keys to the car taken away from you.

No respect for Sammy Video
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 3 2016, 04:42 PM) *

I like Sieleski but it almost seems like he was asked to present an opposing view, one supportive of Bradford.

He compares Pederson/McNabb to Bradford/Wentz. Pederson was a pedestrian backup favored by the coach and hired as a mentor to McNabb ... essentially the job that Pederson has hired Daniel to do for both Bradford and Wentz.

It's generally accepted that Bradford is on a one year deal and that Wentz should sit for a year to acclimate to the NFL. Sieleski refutes this with an assumption that conflicts with a coaching staff that includes three former QBs described as teachers. McNabb starred in a top competitive IAA program where Wentz has had limited starts in a IA program. Isn't interesting that the coach brings in a guy to help the veteran starter do well so he can move on after his one year deal is completed?

This is not a very convincing argument when the curtain is pulled back and the facts are exposed. It's pretty simple, Bradford can go to a team and get the long term "you're-the-man" contract he wants when he completes the one year deal he signed two months ago by playing well for the Eagles in 2016. Why anyone wants to change the script from non-fiction to fantasy confuses me.
nephillymike
Good article.

This was linked on the same page:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/...ompetition.html

I agree with Z in that Bradford needs this one year audition to get a better future elsewhere. He should seize the opportunity and show his future employers he's up for the challenge.

If I were him though, I might throw it back at the Eagles and ask them straight out if I am the best QB on the team at the end of the 2016 season and I play at a top ____ level, have I earned the right to return as the starter in 2017?

If he asks that and he divulges what they say to that question, then his argument will look a lot better. If they divulge that there is no competition for 2017, the Condon is right. Maybe Sam's no competition for 2016 is fair play for no competition for 2017??
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 3 2016, 08:58 PM) *
If he asks that and he divulges what they say to that question, then his argument will look a lot better. If they divulge that there is no competition for 2017, the Condon is right. Maybe Sam's no competition for 2016 is fair play for no competition for 2017??

Why do people make this difficult? He's playing to win a job just like every other player in professional sports. The only difference is that he's playing to win a job on another team next year. It's not about injury/money because he's already got the money. So, apparently it's about respect and acceptance. Well, duh, we all have to earn that and he hasn't yet. Put whatever spin you want on it, the Eagles are giving him that chance and he's fighting it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.