Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the deal with Jalen Mills?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Why did he make it to the 7th round? Most draft pundits had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Was it the injury (fractured left fibula) or was it the felony:

On June 11th, 2014, Mills was charged with second-degree felony battery after allegedly punching a woman who knocked on his door in search of her friend. After failing to make a court appearance, a warrant was issued for Mills arrest, and he was suspended indefintely. However, the attorney of the star safety claimed he was innocent of all charges and pleaded not guilty. And so, on August 4th, exactly 3 months after the initial incident, Mills was reinstated by LSU after a DA charged Mills with misdemeanor simple battery instead of the initial felony. The case died out from there, with Mills agreeing to participate in a 1 year pretrial diversion program the following April. The incident was promptly removed from his record. We may never know exactly what occured the night of the incident, but Mills was certainly questioned by each NFL team he has met with, and now the task of assessing his character is up to them.
mcnabbulous
Think it was the assault. Hope he didn't do it, but I'm skeptical.
nephillymike
I am surprised by our departure from character in our drafting this year.

Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 1 2016, 07:15 PM) *
I am surprised by our departure from character in our drafting this year.

It's not only in drafting. Your link to the UDFAs shows a few gambles on players with character issues.

If they've learnt their lessons then it shouldn't be a problem.
Reality Fan
Hey...it is one of the few picks I like....which tells you how bad this draft is....lol
mcnabbulous
Howie took a chance on Bryce Brown in the 7th a couple years back and it paid off. I'm not surprised with his approach.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ May 1 2016, 12:59 PM) *
Why did he make it to the 7th round? Most draft pundits had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Was it the injury (fractured left fibula) or was it the felony:

Whatever, I'm sick of watching murderers and woman-beaters compete for rings down route 95. Time for our OWN criminals to win one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.