Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A new approach from the Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Looking at the NFL.com bios for our picks

McCalister
earning his second suspension of the year before the bowl game for violating team rules. McCalister was actually dismissed from the team at the end of the year

Mills
an arrest for second-degree battery of a woman in the summer of 2014 (the charges were eventually reduced to a misdemeanor and he was assigned to a diversion program).

Smallwood
arrested on a warrant for a witness tampering charge. Smallwood was accused of telling someone to recant their statement accusing one of his friends in a fatal shooting case. The charges were officially dropped when his friend pleaded guilty in the murder case

Changed days from when we used to criticise Reid for only wanting high character players.
Joegrane
I also believe in drafting high-character guys on day one and two; however, I have no problem drafting riskier players on day three.

They are rolling the dice with the guys they drafted in round 7. I like that. They probably have talent to one day be NFL caliber players but will need time on the practice squad. They will be in a humbling position on the PS. It might be a good learning experience.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 30 2016, 06:37 PM) *
Looking at the NFL.com bios for our picks

McCalister

Mills

Smallwood

Changed days from when we used to criticise Reid for only wanting high character players.

mcnabbulous
Yep. Day 3 (especially late) usually either shitty people or players. You gotta pick and choose your battles.

The RB sounds as though he didn't do anything egregious at the end of the day. Jalen Mills situation is kinda sketchy. Hard to know what really happened there.
Zero
Plus, I think the trade for Wentz tied Howie's hands. He has a rep for moving around in the draft, and that was all done before the draft this year. He didn't have the ammunition to make deals so he had to make due with what came to him. I'm hoping one or two of these guys pan out.

All in all, it was a fairly boring draft for me this year. The excitement came well before with all the trades and was capped day one with getting the prize. Again, let's hope it's a good one.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 30 2016, 08:21 PM) *
Plus, I think the trade for Wentz tied Howie's hands. He has a rep for moving around in the draft, and that was all done before the draft this year. He didn't have the ammunition to make deals so he had to make due with what came to him. I'm hoping one or two of these guys pan out.

All in all, it was a fairly boring draft for me this year. The excitement came well before with all the trades and was capped day one with getting the prize. Again, let's hope it's a good one.

If he wanted the guys he drafted, he could have gotten about four more picks and dropped down and still got five of the suspect six even after trading back.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 30 2016, 05:37 PM) *

I already had visions of Mills blowing a playoff game for us by getting multiple unsportsmanlike penalties because he got dissed.....

Anyways, the trick is to find talented players who can somewhat keep their emotions in check, on and off the field. It's not like we're drafting from a pool of Boy Scouts. Let's be real.
JeeQ
You mean we're finally like every other team in the league now choosing Talent Over Culture?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.