Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For the Bradford Defenders
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
What do you advise him to do from here on out?

Does he need to do anything?

Do you want him to stay and if so, what advice do you give him to make it palatable?

Do you want him to leave, if so what advice?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2016, 10:14 PM) *

Do you want him to stay and if so, what advice do you give him to make it palatable?

The Eagles have given him 2 options.....play or retire....they do not want to trade him..they made that clear.

Howie won't just release him....

If he wants to play I suggest he shows up and does not say a word other than "no comment"
Joegrane
Denver would have been best because it would have been attractive to Sam and nicer for Mr Lurie's bottom line. However Sam gives the team the best opportunity for wins this year.

With Denver and NYJ drafting QBs I don't see a good fit for Sam unless Chip wants him.

So how does he present himself to the fans in Philly.

Start by talking about how excited he was at how well he was gelling with Matthews and Ertz towards the end of last year. He had become very comfortable with his teammates. He had developed valued friendships with teammates and with people in the Philadelphia area.

He was very much looking forward to being part of the team and the Philadelphia community for the long term and helping the team grow towards being a serious SB contender.

While he was hoping for a long-term deal he understood that the short term deal made sense in this unusual situation. He was grateful to Mr Lurie and Howie R for the extension and the opportunity to show what he can do for a team.

So he was very disappointed when the eagles traded up. He thinks the team has a bright future. He was hoping to one day lead this team deep into the playoffs. However he understands how attractive to coaches and GMs the opportunity to draft a future franchise QB is. He was once there himself.

He also knows that it is usually very difficult to move up as far as the Eagles did. There was no way anyone could have known that they would be successful. So he does not harbor any hard feelings about the current situation.

He wants an opportunity for a long-term deal with a team and an opportunity to grow with a team into a serious SB contender. However, obviously, a long-term deal will no longer be available with the Eagles, so he requested the trade.

He understands that finding a trade partner is not easy especially for a QB. So he now has an opportunity to help this team win games and to show to everyone what he can do for a team. He looks forward to getting to work with his teammates and new coaches and getting ready to win games this year.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2016, 10:14 PM) *

Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 30 2016, 03:14 AM) *

1 - Keep his mouth shut
2 - Show commitment to the team by attending everything possible
3 - Play well for us in 2016
4 - I'd keep him for one year, so my advice would be "play well and there will be interest in you next year".
Zero
I think he overvalued himself and lost humility someplace along the line. He needs to come to grip with both of those things and resolve them. I'd almost think he needs to offer an apology to the fans for his behavior, but it may be best for him to buy a good set of earplugs and prove he can be a top QB by playing that way. Probably the most important thing is that he needs to make sure he is a solid teammate. Work with Chase to learn his job, help Wentz where he can, work hard and don't complain.

"I tried to do what I thought was best for my career. I'm proud to be in Philadelphia and I'll do my best for this team and for the great fans of this beautiful, historic city. In the short time I've been here I've grown to love this city, mostly the people. My hope was to help win a Super Bowl for Philadelphia and I'll work my hardest to that end for as long as I'm here. Dallas sucks!"
BirdsWinBaby
I will wait until the mandatory dates in June before I say what he should do...that's when we know if this is just a mild protest or a full on holdout

if its just a protest....its duly noted Sam. now get to work

if he intends to actually holdout? oh its gonna be ugly. new coach, new system, backup QB starting and likely losing, newly drafted QB that everybody wants to see play NOW because of the losing, perhaps that leads to Wentz being a starter before he is ready

that's bad enough, but adding to the chaos if Bradford is still a part of the team....the constant questions to Howie about how he might have created a bad environment, coach being asked constantly if he has spoken to Bradford, teammates frustrated with losing and popping off, etc, etc...

then Howie might have to begin to consider whether keeping Bradford on the team is worth the headache
Reality Fan
I can't imagine Howie has not considered it or considered it before the trade....

None of this should have been a shock...but then again....I have to agree that for Condon and Bradford this could not have been a shock....I wish we knew the full story....

The worse thing Bradford has done is say nothing.....that makes him look bad...
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2016, 09:14 PM) *

Howie and Sam have both hurt his trade value with their actions. The best advice I can give him is to play well, and earn a big payday elsewhere. Even if he has a stellar preseason that could be enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.