Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those who think Bradford is justified
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
His current displeasure can only be seen as an affectation. His agreement to a short-term deal after declining longer-term offers over the past year underlined his wariness of committing to the unsettled Eagles' front office for too long. It also forced the Birds to draft a quarterback to be groomed as his replacement.

Link: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...s_betrayal.html

Sam did get long term offers from us and did not want to sign, and though I don't agree with Hayes often, his point is valid.

Then there is the flip side of the article, if he has the skills, Wentz certainly seems like someone driven in a way that Bradford sorely lacks. Even Five, though extremely talented, was treated like he was entitled by Reid (and his parents), but Wentz may actually be a real blue-collar player, one that only expects what he earns. Also seems like he knows that coming from NDSU means he will have to prove he belongs, we shall see, but now that they got him I see why he is intriguing.

Reality Fan
You lost us at Marcus Hayes......lol

That being said....do you realize how stupid it is to question the competitive spirit or guts of a guy who has come back from 2 consecutive ACL tears? I mean seriously....

You can question the wisdom of his move, I get that and it is a very valid question but the guy is not a coward...
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 12:59 PM) *
You lost us at Marcus Hayes......lol

That being said....do you realize how stupid it is to question the competitive spirit or guts of a guy who has come back from 2 consecutive ACL tears? I mean seriously....

You can question the wisdom of his move, I get that and it is a very valid question but the guy is not a coward...

I never said he was a coward, but he is acting like an elite QB and he isn't. He basically opted for a 'show me' contract to leverage for a bigger payday, but he is a fool if he thought there would be no contingency if he fails...his career to this point dictates it is still a strong possibility. So, to me anyway, he helped make this happen. Doubt they would have gone this way if he was locked up for 5 years instead of 2.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 29 2016, 12:14 PM) *
I never said he was a coward, but he is acting like an elite QB and he isn't. He basically opted for a 'show me' contract to leverage for a bigger payday, but he is a fool if he thought there would be no contingency if he fails...his career to this point dictates it is still a strong possibility. So, to me anyway, he helped make this happen. Doubt they would have gone this way if he was locked up for 5 years instead of 2.

Yep. Weren't there rumors that he turned down a long-term extension last year because he wanted to have a show me year? Were those confirmed?

BirdsWinBaby
Did Hayes just write a monster of a puff piece about Wentz' broken wrist...seriously?

Bradford might be wrong....it's debatable, but he is without question tough. Did Hayes just sleep through a season of Bradford getting up again and again when his OL screwed up? Did Bradford just come off a season where he stared down grown NFL men with bad intentions?

Has Hayes ever seen Terrell Suggs?

Maybe you didn't say he was a coward...but you posted a link that says he isn't tough which is just a lie

This drivel is exactly why Hayes has the reputation he does....lol "compare?"
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 29 2016, 01:14 PM) *

I think we can all agree the guy isn't a coward, and he does have a competitive spirit. He took some brutal beatings last year, and time after time he dragged himself up off the turf and went back to work.

If MH is right and he was "offered long-term deals" by the Eagles, you have to wonder why he didn't take one of them. Maybe they were shitty deals and his agent told him it would be best to take something short-term and by the end of the first year of the contract the Eagles would tear it up and offer him the franchise contract that he desires if he played up to franchise level, or maybe regardless of what he has said in the past, he doesn't really want to be here long-term; definitely not now after the 1st round of the draft.

Either way, you are being well-paid Sam, so get your ass in here and do your job.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 29 2016, 01:22 PM) *
Did Hayes just write a monster of a puff piece about Wentz' broken wrist...seriously?

Bradford might be wrong....it's debatable, but he is without question tough. Did Hayes just sleep through a season of Bradford getting up again and again when his OL screwed up? Did Bradford just come off a season where he stared down grown NFL men with bad intentions?

Has Hayes ever seen Terrell Suggs?

Maybe you didn't say he was a coward...but you posted a link that says he isn't tough which is just a lie

This drivel is exactly why Hayes has the reputation he does....lol "compare?"

Look he did take a beating mainly because of bad line play, but having the guts to take a beating is one thing, there is another kind of guts though. The kind where you are willing to take shots at BIG plays, that is an area Bradford sorely lacks. He plays it too safe to be a real threat at QB, Wentz looks like the kind of guy who has more guts in that aspect of his game. It is all speculation, but he has the potential to break a game open, where Bradford simply appears to manage his wins.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 29 2016, 01:52 PM) *
The kind where you are willing to take shots at BIG plays, that is an area Bradford sorely lacks.

Yes, remember those times that Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agholor were WIDE open downfield and Bradford timidly checked down? laugh.gif

Maybe if he didn't have shit receivers with brick hands we'd see more shots. This year he'll have a better WR corps obviously.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 29 2016, 01:52 PM) *
Look he did take a beating mainly because of bad line play, but having the guts to take a beating is one thing, there is another kind of guts though. The kind where you are willing to take shots at BIG plays, that is an area Bradford sorely lacks. He plays it too safe to be a real threat at QB, Wentz looks like the kind of guy who has more guts in that aspect of his game. It is all speculation, but he has the potential to break a game open, where Bradford simply appears to manage his wins.

he was 4th in plays over 40 yards....in the NFL...

He was very reticent to through deep until he got his legs back...then he had no problem....they did not all connect but he had no problem going down field....did you watch the games?
Phits
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 29 2016, 01:22 PM) *

700+ players lined up on a weekly basis (there 40+ different starting QB's), that doesn't make them tough.

Bradford's tough because he got up after getting hit? He's a friggin' NFL QB, that's part of the job. Maybe he wouldn't have got hit so bloody much if he didn't hold on to the freaking ball so long.

The "trade me" bullshit he is carrying on with demonstrates his true character traits. He took the money, on a show me deal, now he is crying in his corn flakes because he may not be in the Eagles long term plans. That's weak. That's a coward.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 29 2016, 12:52 PM) *

Yep, I mostly agree.

However, some QB's would kill to play behind the 12th best OL last year.

Now the 31st best WR's that is a concern, but then again, during the "great stretch", he did find a way to miss three open TD passes to those shitty WR's and if he didn't, maybe our WR's would've improved their lot to be mid 20's. Sam didn't help them!!

Brady played behind the 31st best OL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.