Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did you just hear Lynch?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Just had him on the screen.

Yes I agree, Mr Elway, I think I am a better option than Bradford and a 3rd pick.

NOBODY LIKES SAM.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2016, 11:05 PM) *

Yes I agree, Mr Elway, I think I am a better option than Bradford and a 3rd pick.

NOBODY LIKES SAM.

Blame Howie...Denver tried...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2016, 10:12 PM) *
Blame Howie...Denver tried...

How about the Chipper?

Can't we sell him some swamp land in Florida?

This DEN deal killed the three way potential.

Can you imagine if he has to stay here?

Maybe CLE, BUF or NYJ bail us out.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2016, 11:17 PM) *
How about the Chipper?

Can't we sell him some swamp land in Florida?

This DEN deal killed the three way potential.

Can you imagine if he has to stay here?

Maybe CLE, BUF or NYJ bail us out.

You don't get it...Howie ain't letting him go....deal with it...he flat out turned Denver down...
Joegrane
We'll see if Lynch's slender frame is more durable than Sam's.

Eyrie
Looks like Bradford is now stuck here.

Denver was his best bet, but after using their third to trade up for Lynch they won't want to trade their fourth for Bradford. After all, we've criticised Roseman for putting both big bucks and multiple picks into the QB position.

Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 29 2016, 03:42 AM) *
After all, we've criticised Roseman for putting both big bucks and multiple picks into the QB position.

Even still, investing heavily at the QB position is not a bad thing.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2016, 11:23 PM) *
You don't get it...Howie ain't letting him go....deal with it...he flat out turned Denver down...

Although I'm inclined to agree, the fat lady hasn't sung. The draft isn't over, there are teams who need a QB now and there may be QBs who get injured in TC.

And I don't think it was a "flat turn down." I think the asking price was too high for us to part with a QB we think can win for us and who we are on the hook to pay $11 million. Denver wants, and still could use a starting QB on the cheap who has a chance of taking a defensive team to another championship.

So keep your ears open for a fat lady. laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 29 2016, 09:55 AM) *
Although I'm inclined to agree, the fat lady hasn't sung. The draft isn't over, there are teams who need a QB now and there may be QBs who get injured in TC.

And I don't think it was a "flat turn down." I think the asking price was too high for us to part with a QB we think can win for us and who we are on the hook to pay $11 million. Denver wants, and still could use a starting QB on the cheap who has a chance of taking a defensive team to another championship.

So keep your ears open for a fat lady. laugh.gif

First...no fat ladies....ever

And Denver deciding to draft Lynch means there is no chance of Bradford going there...

And the fact that the negotiations broke off so quickly means the Eagles have no desire to move Bradford....if there was wiggle room it would have continued...
Pila
Season will go much better with Bradford. I know the SB isn't around the corner, but losing week-to-week is insufferable. Bradford will keep us competitive.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 29 2016, 09:28 AM) *
Season will go much better with Bradford. I know the SB isn't around the corner, but losing week-to-week is insufferable. Bradford will keep us competitive.

I bet the difference between Sam and Chase is negligible. Sam hasn't been more than replacement level for most of his career.

Especially if you look at the reality of that 7 game stretch. 10 TDs.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 10:53 AM) *
I bet the difference between Sam and Chase is negligible. Sam hasn't been more than replacement level for most of his career.

ues...I agree and it explains why every other QB needy team was beating down the door to get Daniel....and it explains why he has been a backup for 6 years......I heard that KC turned down a llama and 3 goats last year....

There is a reason he has throne 77 passes in 6 years......he is a nice guy, high energy and coaches love him...as a practice player....lol

But maybe we will get to test your theory...I want him to be a great QB....but 6 years as a backup tells you alot
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 03:53 PM) *

Can't say, I haven't seen Chase play. But I've seen Bradford play and I liked what I saw. Perhaps if I had seen Chase play I'd agree, but I haven't.
mcnabbulous
This has less to do with Daniel and more to do with how replacement level Bradford has been throughout his career.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 12:42 PM) *
This has less to do with Daniel and more to do with how replacement level Bradford has been throughout his career.

and yet no one seeking a starter beat Daniel's door down and even amid the mess that is the Bradford situation the Broncos called right away....

But what does Elway know about QBs.....?lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 11:58 AM) *
and yet no one seeking a starter beat Daniel's door down and even amid the mess that is the Bradford situation the Broncos called right away....

But what does Elway know about QBs.....?lol

And he wasn't willing to make a trade for him. You can make excuses for why that was the case, but it didn't happen.

I'll go a step further and say that I think playing Wentz from day 1 would be just as successful as playing Sam. Or the difference would be negligible.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 01:02 PM) *
And he wasn't willing to make a trade for him. You can make excuses for why that was the case, but it didn't happen.

I'll go a step further and say that I think playing Wentz from day 1 would be just as successful as playing Sam. Or the difference would be negligible.

of course you would say something so idiotic because it is can't be proven...

But you ignore the question...why didn't any of the teams that needed a starter go after Daniel? At least they called about Bradford...or did that not happen in Nabby World?

Maybe they called NostraNabby and you told them to run from him....I am sure a QB guru such as yourself is on most team's speed dial...lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 12:10 PM) *
of course you would say something so idiotic because it is can't be proven...

But you ignore the question...why didn't any of the teams that needed a starter go after Daniel? At least they called about Bradford...or did that not happen in Nabby World?

Daniel isn't a starter. I'm not suggesting he is. I'm suggesting that Bradford is a replacement level starter. How hard is that to get through your thick skull.
Maybe they called NostraNabby and you told them to run from him....I am sure a QB guru such as yourself is on most team's speed dial...lol

Keep making excuses for Sam. All these teams called about him. Who gives a shit? If you think a QB whom teams are unwilling to give up a second round pick for is highly thought of, you're truly delusional.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 01:13 PM) *
Daniel isn't a starter. I'm not suggesting he is. I'm suggesting that Bradford is a replacement level starter. How hard is that to get through your thick skull.

Keep making excuses for Sam. All these teams called about him. Who gives a shit? If you think a QB whom teams are unwilling to give up a second round pick for is highly thought of, you're truly delusional.

Dumbass...you are the one who said that Daniel and Bradford are similar, not me....I merely pointed out the fact that other NFL teams do not....while they may not have wanted to give up a 2nd round pick they did not want to give up nothing to sign Daniel...nothing....he was aFA and no one made him an offer but the Eagles....KC did not even try to hold on to him...so go back to telling everyone how fucking Hackenberg is a first round talent because it appears your QB knowledge is spectacular....maybe Hack's people should have you on board so you can sell all those dolts in NFL FOs how dumb they are that they can't see how spectacular his pre-snap reads are...
Eyrie
Stop swinging your handbags at each other.

Mcnabbulous isn't trying to praise Daniel with that comparison but to criticise Bradford's level of play as being little better than a career back up could do if given the chance to start.

For what it's worth I think Bradford will do better this year behind an improved OL and with more freedom at the LoS compared to Kelly.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 29 2016, 01:08 PM) *
Stop swinging your handbags at each other.

Mcnabbulous isn't trying to praise Daniel with that comparison but to criticise Bradford's level of play as being little better than a career back up could do if given the chance to start.

For what it's worth I think Bradford will do better this year behind an improved OL and with more freedom at the LoS compared to Kelly.

Thanks, man. I swear this guy has zero reading comprehension skills sometimes. Or he just wants to argue.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 07:28 PM) *
Or he just wants to argue.

He never has any trouble finding a willing partner in you. Seriously, it's every thread, every day, for weeks.

rolleyes.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2016, 04:57 PM) *
He never has any trouble finding a willing partner in you. Seriously, it's every thread, every day, for weeks.

rolleyes.gif

It is my fault....I should know better...if you say A he says B....Hack is a guaranteed first rounder, 1000 yard season for a WR means nothing...the list goes on and on...

At least I admit when I am wrong.......probably best I just ignore him...

Done...that should cut down on the number of posts....lol
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2016, 09:57 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

You're feeling left out? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 11:08 PM) *
It is my fault....I should know better...if you say A he says B....Hack is a guaranteed first rounder, 1000 yard season for a WR means nothing...the list goes on and on...

At least I admit when I am wrong.......probably best I just ignore him...

Done...that should cut down on the number of posts....lol

You're going to get very bored very quickly .... tongue.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 29 2016, 06:18 PM) *
You're feeling left out? biggrin.gif

You're going to get very bored very quickly .... tongue.gif

Yes but it is good for the blood pressure....lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 05:08 PM) *
Hack is a guaranteed first rounder

Hahaha. Yeah I never said this.

1000 yard season for a WR means nothing

0/2 in the same post. Kudos. I say that about RBs, not receivers.

the list goes on and on...

Yeah the shit you make up in your head or incorrectly deduce from my posts is certainly endless it seems.

At least I admit when I am wrong

Not all heroes wear capes
......probably best I just ignore him...

Good start.
D Rock
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Pila
I find nothing wrong with it. Arguing, even for its own sake, the very least preps us for teenage children.

I was going to say "Wife". Then I looked at my marriage score sheet.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 29 2016, 06:25 PM) *
I find nothing wrong with it. Arguing, even for its own sake, the very least preps us for teenage children.

I was going to say "Wife". Then I looked at my marriage sheet.

I fully anticipate that my unborn daughter will be more reasonable to interact with than RF.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2016, 06:28 PM) *
I fully anticipate that my unborn daughter will be more reasonable to interact with than RF.

She certainly won't have very far to go to be able to argue on your level.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 29 2016, 07:25 PM) *

I was going to say "Wife". Then I looked at my marriage score sheet.

I realized that too late...just funny how things change week to week,,,,but the "I never said that" stuff, even when you can show it is exactly like a mad woman...lol

my wife was like that.....
nephillymike
I don't think there is more than a one game difference in the W column between Daniel and Bradford. And it's more criticism of Sam than praise of Daniel.

That being the case, I'd prefer my $7M of cap space to stay and all of the drama and excuses to go.

Turn the page.

If I thought we were a 9 win team and the 10th win means playoff, I may have a different opinion, maybe, not sure., but I don't see it this year folks.

Turn the page.

FWIW, Howie's interview with Sal Pal, he wouldn't say he wouldn't trade Bradford.

But what he did say, was that Sam is our starting QB AND THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO COMPETE FOR THE JOB, HE'S OUR STARTER!!!

So it looks like Sam finally has what he wants; the starting job without competition!

That statement by Howie is so lame. This dude should have to compete with anything.

He has earned NOTHING!

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 07:09 PM) *
I realized that too late...just funny how things change week to week,,,,but the "I never said that" stuff, even when you can show it is exactly like a mad woman...lol

Since you're clearly too dumb to realize how things change with new information, I'll point out how wrong you are. I'm sad that I have to present you with another situation where you admit being wrong, but since you claim I "guaranteed" Hack would be a first round pick when I merely said I expected it to be the case, here you go...

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 15 2016, 10:29 AM) *
I'll sleep fine either way, but Osweiler is basically on a two year deal in Houston. It doesn't seem like they would draft a guy in the first round, but someone will take Hack in the first two.

Now I understand you're too hardheaded to understand the nuanced difference between a statement and a "guarantee" but alas.
mcnabbulous
"Someone will take Hack in the first two."

Hmmmmmmm
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2016, 08:15 PM) *
I don't think there is more than a one game difference in the W column between Daniel and Bradford. And it's more criticism of Sam than praise of Daniel.

That being the case, I'd prefer my $7M of cap space to stay and all of the drama and excuses to go.

Turn the page.

He has earned NOTHING!

I am curious...if this team is that bad...just what do you expect for the future....and more importantly....with no first round next year are counting on Howie to pick gold from the late rounds or UDFA or are you figuring the Eagles will be bad for the next 4 years?

I will leave the Bradford out of it....I am not sure who has the more sensitive vagina at this point, him or Eagle's fans who hate him....lol Hard to tell. I would think that all folks who think so little of him are thrilled but of course that would be silly... I have never heard so many people bitch and whine about a guy they don't want asking to leave...

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 08:09 PM) *
I am curious...if this team is that bad...just what do you expect for the future....and more importantly....with no first round next year are counting on Howie to pick gold from the late rounds or UDFA or are you figuring the Eagles will be bad for the next 4 years?

I will leave the Bradford out of it....I am not sure who has the more sensitive vagina at this point, him or Eagle's fans who hate him....lol Hard to tell. I would think that all folks who think so little of him are thrilled but of course that would be silly... I have never heard so many people bitch and whine about a guy they don't want asking to leave...

I have not bitched at all about his asking to leave.

Why bitch about something I want to happen??

I'll have our trucks move him for free!!

I think it will take a year to transition out of the 34 and to get the kid in at QB and for the players to learn both new offense and defense systems and to transition the players skill sets to those systems. I think it will take another year of bad WR play for the team to wake up in that regard. The Kid gets us to average QB play next year. Schwartz gets us to above average defensive play next year. With those, we have a shot. This year, not so much.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2016, 09:33 PM) *
I have not bitched at all about his asking to leave.

Why bitch about something I want to happen??

I'll have our trucks move him for free!!

I think it will take a year to transition out of the 34 and to get the kid in at QB and for the players to learn both new offense and defense systems and to transition the players skill sets to those systems. I think it will take another year of bad WR play for the team to wake up in that regard. The Kid gets us to average QB play next year. Schwartz gets us to above average defensive play next year. With those, we have a shot. This year, not so much.

and where is the WR help coming from?It aint Free Agency.....there you will get more of the same most likely....teams will have even more money next year and it is unlikely a stud will go anywhere.....and we don't have a number 1.....or a 3.

You are suddenly very confident in the talent evaluation of a "shorthanded" personnel department...isn't that the term you used? Is Howie now personnel ace?

By the way.....was the CAPS for emphasis a typo or were you making a point Mr. I Don't Bitch? lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 08:55 PM) *
and where is the WR help coming from?It aint Free Agency.....there you will get more of the same most likely....teams will have even more money next year and it is unlikely a stud will go anywhere.....and we don't have a number 1.....or a 3.

You are suddenly very confident in the talent evaluation of a "shorthanded" personnel department...isn't that the term you used? Is Howie now personnel ace?

By the way.....was the CAPS for emphasis a typo or were you making a point Mr. I Don't Bitch? lol

Emphasis because I didn't hear anyone talkiing about that. I think that is big news.

No college scouting dept head is a concern. Especailly with the deep picks we have. The deeper you go, the more work required.

Howie has always maneuvered the board well. Drafting ehhh...........
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2016, 10:00 PM) *
Emphasis because I didn't hear anyone talkiing about that. I think that is big news.

No college scouting dept head is a concern. Especailly with the deep picks we have. The deeper you go, the more work required.

Howie has always maneuvered the board well. Drafting ehhh...........

You can only maneuver the board when you have a few decent picks......they have 1......he can maneuver around the 6 and 7th round, would you like to know the success rate there?
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 29 2016, 09:09 PM) *
I am not sure who has the more sensitive vagina at this point, him or Eagle's fans who hate him....lol Hard to tell. I would think that all folks who think so little of him are thrilled but of course that would be silly... I have never heard so many people bitch and whine about a guy they don't want asking to leave...

I think it's more the way he handled the situation. He should never have made his displeasure public, it makes him out to be juvenile and entitled ... whether he is or not. More importantly, in this city it's taken as disrespect. It's not that Howie miscalculated but that he doesn't like us. We're being ditched by a plain Jane date in front of all of our friends.

I want him here for a year for the transition, I would have been fine if they had stayed at 8 and drafted a guy to groom for a few years and concentrated on acquiring skill players and a top defense. In fact, I would have preferred that approach but I'm also excited at the prospect of the team having a top QB. I waited for Howie's call to ask what I'd like him to do, but I guess my phone wasn't working.
Zero

NOBODY LIKES SAM.

What did he say? This thread took off in a completely different direction and I got lost. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.