Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one big concern of mine about Wentz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
WHy did he decide to pass on Wentz?

That does not concern anyone?
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2016, 08:21 PM) *

He loves RG3 and they got a bunch of picks to try to improve the team. If they still suck, they'll have another chance next year. Answer: no.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2016, 08:21 PM) *

CLE needs a QB to start for them right away. Goff is the more NFL ready of the top two QB's and the Rams had their eye on him after moving up to #1. I suspect that if the Rams had not made the move CLE might have held on to their pick.
nephillymike
Hue Jackson said to Jaws at Wentz's pro day "Oh my God".

Methinks he just wanted more picks.

They made a real good trade for them. Real good.

Or maybe they really want Sam??

I'm to be concerned with someone who thinks RG3 is a QB to build your team with?
Dreagon
I think Wentz will be okay.

I think Jackson just feels he could get something out of RG3 the Redskins couldn't. Beside, he probably wants to rebuild the team a little before risking a high pick on a QB and then throwing him to the wolves on a bad team. That hasn't worked for the Browns so far.
mcnabbulous
I don't think it's up to Hue. They brought in Depodesta to run the FO. He's the Jonah Hill character from Moneyball.

They're trying to Moneyball the NFL. And on cue, they traded down again. This time with Tenn.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2016, 08:06 PM) *
I don't think it's up to Hue. They brought in Depodesta to run the FO. He's the Jonah Hill character from Moneyball.

They're trying to Moneyball the NFL. And on cue, they traded down again. This time with Tenn.

Good point
Joegrane
I agree with you. Also Wentz does not party enough for Cleveland. He spends too much time in church and not enough time at the bar.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 28 2016, 08:54 PM) *
I think Jackson just feels he could get something out of RG3 the Redskins couldn't. Beside, he probably wants to rebuild the team a little before risking a high pick on a QB and then throwing him to the wolves on a bad team. That hasn't worked for the Browns so far.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 28 2016, 08:58 PM) *
I agree with you. Also Wentz does not party enough for Cleveland. He spends too much time in church and not enough time at the bar.

I really don't think these things are mutually exclusive
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2016, 09:01 PM) *
I really don't think these things are mutually exclusive

I agree wholeheartedly.

Wine and wafer at 10 am Mass.

Founders Breakfast Stout at noon!!

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2016, 10:04 PM) *
I agree wholeheartedly.

Wine and wafer at 10 am Mass.

Founders Breakfast Stout at noon!!

When I was in college I worked at a church and school in the summers doing maintenance.....the last 3 years I was there I ran our Carnival.....the last year we went through 84 half barrels in 4 days......those were the days....lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2016, 09:23 PM) *
When I was in college I worked at a church and school in the summers doing maintenance.....the last 3 years I was there I ran our Carnival.....the last year we went through 84 half barrels in 4 days......those were the days....lol

84 half kegs in four days?

How big was the carnival?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2016, 11:01 PM) *
84 half kegs in four days?

How big was the carnival?

this was a long time ago...that year we did 64,000 in 4 days....we sold the beer for .25 glass and 2.00 pitchers....

There is a major commercial distributor in the parish and they donated all the beer we wanted....and the tap truck and the cups and pitchers....
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 29 2016, 01:54 AM) *
I think Wentz will be okay.

That makes sense.

The Browns will have two first round picks next year, so they're well placed to take someone that they believe will be their future QB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.