Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When is our seller's market most lucrative?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
BTW, I am at ease with this Bradford thing.

I don't fault either side.

I guess the fact that I don't want him makes it easier than all of the emotional arguing going on back and forth.

I am a little surprised at the overwhelming 90% anti Bradford sentiment I'm hearing on the radio.

Personally, I say let's turn the page. Go with Daniel and the kid and maybe add a vet 3rd stringer. Get us our $7M back and a decent pick and part ways. For all of the Bradford fans out there (hard to believe, but I digress), would you want him here? After what he said and the perception of him, this will be an absolutely brutal year for him. I wouldn't want to be him. The boo birds will crucify the poor guy.

Anyway, here's my question. If we want to trade him for our biggest return, wil that be:

1. Before the draft (before any interested teams have the chance to pick a QB)
2. During the draft (maybe after interested team could or couldn't pick a QB)
3. After the draft this year
4. After the 2016 season

I am thinking before the draft. The uncertainty of the draft should yield the maximum number of interested teams.

During the draft, there will be some teams who will get a QB in the draft and will take a chance.

After the draft during the time up to the preseason, you have a possible increase in interest because of injury, but we run the risk of Sam getting injured. I don't like those odds.

After the 2016 - NFW. They will boo the shit out of this guy and he will have a really really tough time of competing with Daniel, the fans, the expectations and hope of the Kid, never mind putting together a decent season to make his worth more on the free market. We can't let it go that long.

I still say that Don Howie needs to call the families together and strike a deal for peace.
Reality Fan
I am at peace with it......

I like Bradford but I would not have been pissed if he went elsewhere. I don't beat him up to make the idea of if he left more palatable.

My anger is with Howie and Doug and Condon. All 3 created this mess. People forget that the Eagles did the deal with Moami BEFORE they signed Bradford. They consummated the deal after but the Eahles knew what was going to happen. That means it made no sense to give Bradford the big deal. Let him test FA and see what his value was.

Condon gave his client brital advice all through his stay here.

I want him to stay now because it will be entertaining as hell....just for the fan reaction.

I have no clue what value he has anymore....or when or if there is any best time to trade him...
Joegrane
Because Bradford gives us the best chance for a half decent season.

I'm not saying I think the Eagles should intentionally avoid trading him, just that they don't have to trade him.

If the team and Bradford spin things correctly and Sam plays reasonably well, it should not be a disaster with the fans. Unfortunately, this fan base is really tough.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2016, 08:55 PM) *
For all of the Bradford fans out there (hard to believe, but I digress), would you want him here? After what he said and the perception of him, this will be an absolutely brutal year for him. I wouldn't want to be him. The boo birds will crucify the poor guy....
D Rock
I probably think more highly of Sam the player than most here. But, he's lost me with his bitch ass "trade me" tantrum. Fuck him.

To answer your question, I agree (and have been saying or days) that our greatest leverage in a potential trade is now, pre-draft.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 27 2016, 09:16 PM) *
People forget that the Eagles did the deal with Moami BEFORE they signed Bradford. They consummated the deal after but the Eahles knew what was going to happen.

You've said this before. Where are you getting this?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2016, 05:58 AM) *
You've said this before. Where are you getting this?

From Howie's presser.....when asked how the trade came about he said that at the combine the Titans and the Dolphins were on the same floor and their rooms were close together. That is where both deals were made.
Eyrie
Although I was comfortable with Bradford as the above average but not great starter for 2016, I'd be relaxed about him being traded after this temper tantrum. I think the best time to trade him will be during the draft, probably during round 3 or Friday night. Denver look the best bet, but they may have an eye on someone at the end of round one or two and until that option is definitely gone then they'll be patient. Roseman may be able to get their third from them, or their fourth and a conditional pick next year.

Roseman knew that we were trading up to #8, which would then set up a move to #1 or #2, and that makes him culpable for offering Bradford big money and then doing the same with Daniel. One or the other signing was required, not both.

Condon and Bradford knew the rumours that the Eagles wanted a mid-round QB to develop, so knew that the two year deal was essentially a one year "prove it" that would set up either a new deal here or a trade elsewhere which would require the new team to negotiate a long term deal.

All that has changed is that Bradford's one year prove it period is now with the #2 overall pick on the bench behind him. He's still the anointed starter for that year. if anything, it makes it easier for Bradford to get a new team next year because the pressure will be on the Eagles to start Wentz and justify the expensive trade up.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2016, 07:49 AM) *
Although I was comfortable with Bradford as the above average but not great starter for 2016, I'd be relaxed about him being traded after this temper tantrum. I think the best time to trade him will be during the draft, probably during round 3 or Friday night. Denver look the best bet, but they may have an eye on someone at the end of round one or two and until that option is definitely gone then they'll be patient. Roseman may be able to get their third from them, or their fourth and a conditional pick next year.

Roseman knew that we were trading up to #8, which would then set up a move to #1 or #2, and that makes him culpable for offering Bradford big money and then doing the same with Daniel. One or the other signing was required, not both.

Condon and Bradford knew the rumours that the Eagles wanted a mid-round QB to develop, so knew that the two year deal was essentially a one year "prove it" that would set up either a new deal here or a trade elsewhere which would require the new team to negotiate a long term deal.

All that has changed is that Bradford's one year prove it period is now with the #2 overall pick on the bench behind him. He's still the anointed starter for that year. if anything, it makes it easier for Bradford to get a new team next year because the pressure will be on the Eagles to start Wentz and justify the expensive trade up.

Above Average?

You been hanging out with Tunsil?

I think, in hindsight, the one thing everyone seems to not have realized, is that NOBODY wanted him. Not in Free agency for $35M over 2 and not now for $7M, other than our Eagles.

People are blaming Condon, but maybe Condon got a great deal from the Eagles, who bid against themselves.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2016, 10:00 PM) *
Above Average?

You been hanging out with Tunsil?

I think, in hindsight, the one thing everyone seems to not have realized, is that NOBODY wanted him. Not in Free agency for $35M over 2 and not now for $7M, other than our Eagles.

People are blaming Condon, but maybe Condon got a great deal from the Eagles, who bid against themselves.

Mikey...2 things...

Apparently the Broncos DID want him because they called right away.....

and apparently the Eagles DO want him because they so no and to the extent that the Broncos told everyone that they don't think the Eagles would trade him to anyone...

So yeah....I guess someone wants him....even now....per Pederson today with Derrick Gunn...Sam is "his" guy...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2016, 09:27 PM) *
Mikey...2 things...

Apparently the Broncos DID want him because they called right away.....

and apparently the Eagles DO want him because they so no and to the extent that the Broncos told everyone that they don't think the Eagles would trade him to anyone...

So yeah....I guess someone wants him....even now....per Pederson today with Derrick Gunn...Sam is "his" guy...

How much does a team want him if they're not offering much?

DEN should definitely want him.

If you are DEN, what at this point do you do at QB.?

You need a legit competitor for Sanchez. You have to put s decent product on the field.

Howie is being naive if he doesn't trade Sam.

There will be no athlete ever in this city's storied history who will be treated more harshly than he. Hell has no wrath than a cry baby pampered QB in the City of Brotherly Love.

That ain't love brother.

It's a distraction we don't need.

It's picks or players and cap room we DO need.

find someone to take this guy off our hands.

Post on Craigslist if need be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.