Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo, DRock
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
If memory serves, you have some connection with the music industry or something. It's my understanding that musicians have a contract with a recording studio not too dissimilar to a professional athlete has with his team. Accurate?

If I'm close, and a musician is moved down on the studios production/distribution preference is there any similarities with what we're seeing with Bradford?
D Rock
I'm not seeing your analogy. Perhaps it's applicable to studio musicians who usually sign "work for hire" deals. When you bring publishing and intellectual property issues into the equation, any similarities disappear.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2016, 11:59 AM) *
I'm not seeing your analogy. Perhaps it's applicable to studio musicians who usually sign "work for hire" deals. When you bring publishing and intellectual property issues into the equation, any similarities disappear.

I was wondering if there is a similarity in contract situation. I don't know that business at all and thought I'd ask someone who has a decent reference point. I doubt the musician would be able to transfer (trade) his contract to another studio if he was unhappy with how he was being treated even though he was being paid according to his agreement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.