Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One thing that is not talked about
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Is how Daniel being on this team probably irritates the issue from Sam's point of view.

Not only did they go out and get a QB at #2

They brought in the coach's real good friend and former back up QB and paid him the highest salary for a "backup" QB.

The waters were already muddied from Bradford's standpoint before the drafting a QB.

It took a wound and blew it open.

I don't think Sam even think he has the one year here with the Daniels situation.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2016, 12:10 AM) *
Is how Daniel being on this team probably irritates the issue from Sam's point of view.

They brought in the coach's real good friend and former back up QB and paid him the highest salary for a "backup" QB.

The waters were already muddied from Bradford's standpoint before the drafting a QB.

I don't think Sam even think he has the one year here with the Daniels situation.

I think it would have been better for both Bradford and the Eagles if this had been handled behind closed doors. Maybe it was and Howie just said no, but I don't see the benefit of the public display of displeasure.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2016, 05:10 AM) *

I doubt it.

If the Eagles were that high on Daniel then they'd have signed him to be the starter, or at least the placeholder for a year or two whilst developing a third or fourth round pick.

Instead they signed Bradford to be the starter for starter money. Just as you don't draft a QB at #2 to sit for two years, you don't give someone $35m to hold the clipboard for someone earning a fraction of that.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 27 2016, 04:58 AM) *
I think it would have been better for both Bradford and the Eagles if this had been handled behind closed doors. Maybe it was and Howie just said no, but I don't see the benefit of the public display of displeasure.

I agree 100%.

If he wants out, the best way for him to get that is with as highest draft pick in return for the Eagles.

I would have walked in and said that I wouldn't report until at the earliest, the first mandatory day June 7th.

I would ask for permission to seek a trade in the most convincing of ways.

It gives it the most chance for it to happen.

Maybe he did this and was denied in the clearest of ways and then this was his fall back.

What if he did this and was denied? What then if you're Sam?
Zero
I'd be pissed, no doubt. But I'd try to accept that it's only one season and that my best chance to get what I want is to show everyone that I'm a very good player and a good teammate. That's what other teams will be looking for.

BTW, he can still do that. Once we step back from the hysteria of the moment that is being flamed by every fan, every blog and every reporter in America we'll see that it's very early and Sam's best shot to go someplace else this season is probably getting traded right around the draft. If that doesn't happen he'll be an Eagle this year. Then he needs to do what he needs to do to show everyone what an asshat Howie is and what a star he is.

He's not Drew Brees holding out from the team he took to a SB win. That player had nothing to prove, Bradford does and if he doesn't know it both he and the Eagles are screwed. The Eagles are giving him an opportunity to prove it. If he has a very good year then he'll have good cards to play. Right now he has none.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.