Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About that 7 Game stretch
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Bradford's 68.2 completion percentage was 9th best, but he attempted the 11th most passes, for the 13th most yards, giving him a below average 19th in yards per attempt. His 10 TDs in seven games limited his passer rating to 97.0, which on the surface looks fine but in reality was worse than 20 other QB's best seven game stretch. Compared to his peers over a similar sample, Bradford was mediocre at best.

Linc
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 26 2016, 10:22 AM) *

yeah...he was terrible...that explains the 35 million....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 26 2016, 09:55 AM) *
yeah...he was terrible...that explains the 35 million....

Are you going to just keep lying to yourself about the fact that he is getting $35 million from the Eagles? Because he isn't.

Not to mention the fact that he seems pretty unhappy with the contract at this point. The Eagles gave him more money so they didn't have to commit to him long-term. That's the sad reality he is facing right now.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2016, 11:15 AM) *
Are you going to just keep lying to yourself about the fact that he is getting $35 million from the Eagles? Because he isn't.

Not to mention the fact that he seems pretty unhappy with the contract at this point. The Eagles gave him more money so they didn't have to commit to him long-term. That's the sad reality he is facing right now.

Oh...I am sorry....did I miss something? Is he not getting paid this year? did they void the contract? One of 2 things will happen...he will either get 22 million for one year or 35 for 2 whether it is from the Eagles or a combination of teams.

Will you wake up from the Nabby fantasy land where only those things you think are right are? Did he sign a contract with the Eagles or not? That is not lying to myself, that is reality....and also reality is that 22 million is guaranteed....and if Denver came calling and the Eagles ask for the moon, as is being reported, then yes...he is going to get 22 miilion from the Eagles and then more from another team if he is cut. If he is traded next year he will still get his money..except maybe in the Nabby fantasy world.

Which part of this do you not get? Is there some fantasy contract change you negotiated for the Eagles?...

ANd he is not unhappy with his contract....he is unhappy that it is likely that no matter how well he plays he is going to go to another team next year....tough for a competitive athlete to accept...I understand that you don't get that but that is what makes these guys get to that level...and after all the constant upheaval he has had virtually every year it can't be that shocking......the guy wants some stability, he thought he had found it and then the carpet got pulled out from under him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 26 2016, 10:33 AM) *
Oh...I am sorry....did I miss something? Is he not getting paid this year? did they void the contract? One of 2 things will happen...he will either get 22 million for one year or 35 for 2 whether it is from the Eagles or a combination of teams.

Okay. So the Eagles won't be giving him $35M. It's agreed.

Will you wake up from the Nabby fantasy land where only those things you think are right are? Did he sign a contract with the Eagles or not? That is not lying to myself, that is reality....and also reality is that 22 million is guaranteed....and if Denver came calling and the Eagles ask for the moon, as is being reported, then yes...he is going to get 22 miilion from the Eagles and then more from another team if he is cut. If he is traded next year he will still get his money..except maybe in the Nabby fantasy world.

He did sign a contract, which he is now claiming he doesn't want to honor. He was given more money for less long-term stability, because the Eagles made it pretty clear they didn't want to commit to him long-term.

Which part of this do you not get? Is there some fantasy contract change you negotiated for the Eagles?...

I get it. But you keep talking about $35M as if that's going to all be coming from the Eagles. It's disingenuous.

ANd he is not unhappy with his contract....he is unhappy that it is likely that no matter how well he plays he is going to go to another team next year

Of course he's unhappy with the contract. He's getting paid more than he is worth. Which was the sacrifice he made when he signed what amounts to a one year deal that offered no long-term stability.

He loves the money, but doesn't love the other things that come with it.

....tough for a competitive athlete to accept...I understand that you don't get that but that is what makes these guys get to that level...and after all the constant upheaval he has had virtually every year it can't be that shocking......the guy wants some stability, he thought he had found it and then the carpet got pulled out from under him.

Oh bullshit. He doesn't want to compete. His "constant upheaval" is of his own making. The reason most great QB's don't have to endure it is because they aren't constantly playing for coaches that get fired. Because they're winning.

The guy has made $4M for every win in his career.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2016, 11:49 AM) *
Okay. So the Eagles won't be giving him $35M. It's agreed.

He did sign a contract, which he is now claiming he doesn't want to honor. He was given more money for less long-term stability, because the Eagles made it pretty clear they didn't want to commit to him long-term.

I get it. But you keep talking about $35M as if that's going to all be coming from the Eagles. It's disingenuous.

Of course he's unhappy with the contract. He's getting paid more than he is worth. Which was the sacrifice he made when he signed what amounts to a one year deal that offered no long-term stability.
He loves the money, but doesn't love the other things that come with it.
Oh bullshit. He doesn't want to compete. His "constant upheaval" is of his own making. The reason most great QB's don't have to endure it is because they aren't constantly playing for coaches that get fired. Because they're winning.

The guy has made $4M for every win in his career.

God, you are such a little bitch.

Until the Eagles cut or trade him they are paying the tab...how is that? That is literal fact which I apparently need to point out to you.
He has yet to violate any terms of said contract. He has asked for a trade which does not violate terms of said contract.
How is that? Is that literal fact?
The only thing disingenuous is your prediction of the future....you think he should honor his contract....which he is doing except in Nabby World. The facts, as they stand now, are he is the starting QB of the Eagles....remember that Howie presser? And he is signed for next year and he has not been cut yet so neither of us now what next year holds...do you? Suppose Wentz blows out his knee? Apparently in your world he is already gone but in the real world that has not yet occurred.
He is unhappy, not with the contract but with the obvious ending of him having no control over his leaving.

Now on to the the main point.....He did not ask to get drafted by the fucking Rams....you make it seem like he went to franchise that had a history of success...they have not had a winning record in 14 years...go ahead and explain that genius....I can't wait to to hear how that is Bradford's fault though in your fucked up football fantasy world I am sure some how it is.....I guess he should have done what Manning and Elway did.......

Too damn funny....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 26 2016, 11:05 AM) *
God, you are such a little bitch.

And you're a blowhard asshole. So fuck off.

Until the Eagles cut or trade him they are paying the tab...how is that? That is literal fact which I apparently need to point out to you.

Okay. But they will do one of those two things.

He has yet to violate any terms of said contract. He has asked for a trade which does not violate terms of said contract.
How is that? Is that literal fact?

Yes, and he looks like a whiny bitch in the process. I thought you hated whiny bitches?

The only thing disingenuous is your prediction of the future....you think he should honor his contract....which he is doing except in Nabby World. The facts, as they stand now, are he is the starting QB of the Eagles....remember that Howie presser? And he is signed for next year and he has not been cut yet so neither of us now what next year holds...do you? Suppose Wentz blows out his knee? Apparently in your world he is already gone but in the real world that has not yet occurred.

Yeah, I think a guy who has sucked his whole career should be working as hard as possible to get better with his new coaches and teammates. Bradford's entitlement (and false sense of skill) makes him believe that sitting out isn't a detriment to the team and his future, but he's wrong. Because he's an entitled bitch.

He is unhappy, not with the contract but with the obvious ending of him having no control over his leaving.

Yeah, because of the contract he signed. If he wanted to be long-term, he should have held out for a team that would give him a long-term commitment. Instead, he took the big cash grab with no guarantee of security.

He wanted it both ways when that wasn't the option.

Now on to the the main point.....He did not ask to get drafted by the fucking Rams....you make it seem like he went to franchise that had a history of success...they have not had a winning record in 14 years...go ahead and explain that genius....I can't wait to to hear how that is Bradford's fault though in your fucked up football fantasy world I am sure some how it is.....I guess he should have done what Manning and Elway did.......

Too damn funny....

They probably haven't had a winning season in a long time because that one time they drafted a QB #1 overall, it turned out to be Sam Bradford.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2016, 12:12 PM) *
And you're a blowhard asshole. So fuck off.

Okay. But they will do one of those two things.

Yes, and he looks like a whiny bitch in the process. I thought you hated whiny bitches?

Yeah, I think a guy who has sucked his whole career should be working as hard as possible to get better with his new coaches and teammates. Bradford's entitlement (and false sense of skill) makes him believe that sitting out isn't a detriment to the team and his future, but he's wrong. Because he's an entitled bitch.

Yeah, because of the contract he signed. If he wanted to be long-term, he should have held out for a team that would give him a long-term commitment. Instead, he took the big cash grab with no guarantee of security.

He wanted it both ways when that wasn't the option.

They probably haven't had a winning season in a long time because that one time they drafted a QB #1 overall, it turned out to be Sam Bradford.

Wait....so now maybe the Eagles may pay his entire contract...you mean that is a possibility? Who knew? I mean you already have him gone before year one ever started....

The only thing I dislike more than whiny bitches are stat geeks debating competitive sports in a vacuum.

So the Eagles traded for him because of his false skills AND then doubled down and gave him your admitted "big contract" because of his same false skills....yep, that makes sense...I am sure Pederson wailed about not signing him because he sucks but Howie said screw it, I am giving him 22 million no matter what......a real shame they don't a guy like you making personnel decisions......maybe they would have had Gino Smith here and Gino would not have needed jaw surgery.

and the Rams? I guess you are too obtuse to understand their futility predates Bradford by about 8 years.....and the was the very reason they were there to draft him number 1.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 26 2016, 11:20 AM) *
Wait....so now maybe the Eagles may pay his entire contract...you mean that is a possibility? Who knew? I mean you already have him gone before year one ever started....

No, he will be cut or traded. Those are the two things I was referring to.

The only thing I dislike more than whiny bitches are stat geeks debating competitive sports in a vacuum.

You're such a tough guy. Who would have known? Oh everyone, because you're a fucking blowhard.

So the Eagles traded for him because of his false skills AND then doubled down and gave him your admitted "big contract" because of his same false skills....yep, that makes sense...I am sure Pederson wailed about not signing him because he sucks but Howie said screw it, I am giving him 22 million no matter what......a real shame they don't a guy like you making personnel decisions......maybe they would have had Gino Smith here and Gino would not have needed jaw surgery.

Wow, a Geno Smith comment. Such original content.

If Sam had such amazing skills, two franchises wouldn't have essentially given up on the guy in as many years. They're giving him $22M in one year because that was the going rate for not having to commit to him long-term at the time. It also allows them the opportunity to hold his right and trade him if another team is interested. To recoup what they've spent to acquire the guy replacing him.

and the Rams? I guess you are too obtuse to understand their futility predates Bradford by about 8 years.....and the was the very reason they were there to draft him number 1.....

No, I get it. They were bad. And they that was exasperated by using their #1 pick in 2010 on a mediocre, entitled QB from Oklahoma.

But you keep making excuses for him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2016, 12:30 PM) *
No, he will be cut or traded. Those are the two things I was referring to.

You're such a tough guy. Who would have known? Oh everyone, because you're a fucking blowhard.

Wow, a Geno Smith comment. Such original content.

If Sam had such amazing skills, two franchises wouldn't have essentially given up on the guy in as many years. They're giving him $22M in one year because that was the going rate for not having to commit to him long-term at the time. It also allows them the opportunity to hold his right and trade him if another team is interested. To recoup what they've spent to acquire the guy replacing him.

No, I get it. They were bad. And they that was exasperated by using their #1 pick in 2010 on a mediocre, entitled QB from Oklahoma.

But you keep making excuses for him.

and you make excuses for the team

Think about this in your fantasy world...

You keep saying that is the going rate? Where...what team paid a guy half that on a new contract to be a placeholder? It doesn't happen...the Jets don't even want to pay Fitzpatrick half that on a long term deal...they started at 8 million per....the Broncos started at 13 with Osweiler and stopped at 16.....

and you keep making this about my love for Bradford, it isn't...I actually like the idea of Wentz the more I read about him. What I don't do is discount the team that Bradford "failed" with. You look at that as an excuse, I look at it as reality. Dysfunctional teams do not breed success. I think Bradford looked like the real deal as he came back from his injury and the eye test certainly showed me he is a good QB. To watch him after the bye when he got his legs under him was very encouraging and he looked like the real deal even through all the agonizing drops.

That being said, if they had let him go and moved up, something they clearly could have done since they knew they were accumulating draft positioning...they began negotiating with Miami and had a deal in place at the combine, days before signing Bradford. AT that point they knew they had a shot to trade up to number 1. at that point why not let Bradord walk and see what he could egt in the open market? What was there to lose? You think he stinks and all the other compliments you shower him with so where is all the indignation for them signing him?

I look at the totality of the events as they occurred or as Howie says they evolved, I don't pick and choose snippets.

My anger is from them botching the whole thing when there was not need to do so.

You think ti is no big deal to piss away their assets, I don't. Beyond the money they have told the locker room that you can trust little of what they say. They should also cut or trade Peters now because he has one good year left and that will be wasted and his salary could soften the Cox deal.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 26 2016, 09:22 AM) *

What, nothing from Cataldi to bolster your opinion? rolleyes.gif
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 26 2016, 02:09 PM) *
What, nothing from Cataldi to bolster your opinion? rolleyes.gif

As you requested, from February 8 this year

Bradford's days with Philly are over
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 26 2016, 05:52 PM) *
As you requested, from February 8 this year

Bradford's days with Philly are over

laugh.gif

Every now and then Angelo calls one.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 26 2016, 05:30 PM) *
Every now and then Angelo calls one.

You must be envious
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2016, 06:36 PM) *
You must be envious

I'm envious of his job, that's for sure. 80% of the tailgaters at any Eagles game could easily fill his shoes, just by being a blowhard Negadelphian on the air. I imagine most of us could as well.

Then again, he's on record as saying we shouldn't use our #4 pick on Geno Smith.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 26 2016, 05:44 PM) *
I'm envious of his job, that's for sure. 80% of the tailgaters at any Eagles game could easily fill his shoes, just by being a blowhard Negadelphian on the air. I imagine most of us could as well.

Then again, he's on record as saying we shouldn't use our #4 pick on Geno Smith.....

I bet we'd be in relatively the same position if we had. But instead of having a 28 year old really expensive, but unproductive QB, we'd have a 25 year old relatively cheap one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.