Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap Space For Possible Bradford Destinations
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
There are four teams, IMO, where Bradford could be signed and would be the favorite, slight or more, to win the starting QB job: SF, CLE, DEN, NYJ. I don't see any other teams (besides PHI and LA which are exempted for obvious reasons) where Sam would be a better than not favorite to win the starting nod.

Here are the cap pictures for these teams:

Team....Cap Space....Rookie Pool...Cuts For Draft....Adj Cap Space
SF.............52.5M........it doesn't matter plenty of room..............
CLE...........40.0M.......it doesn't matter plenty of room.............

DEN..........7.6M.........6.3M...............5.0M...................6.3M
NYJ...........3.3M.........4.8M...............3.6M...................2.1M

Denver has D. Thomas's deal that has a clause that his salary of 13M can be converted to signing bonus which will clear almost $9M of more cap. They have been flirting with Kaep and even with a reduced Kaep deal, they would have to do a maneuver to fit him in so I'm sure they know their path to do that.

NYJ looks bad, but they have been in discussions with Fitz, so even a $10M per year deal, they woul dneed to clear a few more millions of cap so I'm sure they know the route they're taking to do that. They have Wilkinson franchised which is an almost 9M of cap savings waiting to be made. They have very high priced salaries with Reavis, Marshall, Decker and Skrine all which can be converted at large cap savings for this year.

Long and short, who ever wants him, if anyone, his $7M for this year is not a blocker to a deal.

Now we just need someone to want him and preferably before this Thursday so we can get another pick or two!!
mcnabbulous
The Browns already have signed one underachieving high pick. Why wouldn't they just take their chance with that guy instead of Bradford?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 24 2016, 11:28 AM) *
The Browns already have signed one underachieving high pick. Why wouldn't they just take their chance with that guy instead of Bradford?

Because maybe they would like to have a better shot at winning?

RG 3 at $6M Sam at $7M gives them $13M for QB's and let the best man win.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 24 2016, 11:59 AM) *
Because maybe they would like to have a better shot at winning?

RG 3 at $6M Sam at $7M gives them $13M for QB's and let the best man win.

I just think having two mediocre (I know you like that word) guys isn't going to be dramatically different than having one. Seems like they found their longshot prospect. I don't think they're a viable option.

You're still hung up on the fact that their previous regime expressed interest in Sam.
Reality Fan
Or maybe something silly like Hugh Jackson deciding, after working out Griffin and talikng with him, that he can make it work with him and will now focus on fixing the rest of the mess...
Zero
Reports were that Jackson fell in love with RG3. I think he's committed to trying to make it work with him. He'll still probably need to get a backup but signing Bradford would be telling RG the same thing Howie is telling Bradford. I doubt Jackson would have much success with RG doing that.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 24 2016, 02:41 PM) *
Reports were that Jackson fell in love with RG3. I think he's committed to trying to make it work with him. He'll still probably need to get a backup but signing Bradford would be telling RG the same thing Howie is telling Bradford. I doubt Jackson would have much success with RG doing that.

That's why they're the Browns.

Bet the ranch on RG3?

That's why they're the Browns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.