Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Sign WR T. J. Graham
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
The signing seems strange.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ham-1-year-deal

The 5"11 Graham was a high 3rd rounder with a reputation for speed but not strength.

They previously signed C Givens. He is a smaller speed receiver who had his best year with Bradford in St Louis. Could Givens be pissed because he signed to play with Bradford, now Sam may be on his way to Denver?

They got rid of their only two big WRs for special teams, etc. Matthews is their biggest WR at 6-3 212, followed by Randle at 6-3 210. Will either play STs with the physical J. Huff or do they plan to utilize their many CBs on STs?

How many WRs will they keep?

The Skins signed CB J Norman, a nice signing for them. They seem to be the team to beat in the East. You can't assume Romo will play more than 12 games for D.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 22 2016, 08:55 PM) *
The signing seems strange.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ham-1-year-deal

The 5"11 Graham was a high 3rd rounder with a reputation for speed but not strength.

They previously signed C Givens. He is a smaller speed receiver who had his best year with Bradford in St Louis. Could Givens be pissed because he signed to play with Bradford, now Sam may be on his way to Denver?

They got rid of their only two big WRs for special teams, etc. Matthews is their biggest WR at 6-3 212, followed by Randle at 6-3 210. Will either play STs with the physical J. Huff or do they plan to utilize their many CBs on STs?

How many WRs will they keep?

The Skins signed CB J Norman, a nice signing for them. They seem to be the team to beat in the East. You can't assume Romo will play more than 12 games for D.

More evidence of the "vast" improvement in our WR corps!! rolleyes.gif If he helps grease the skids for Huff's departure, then I'm Ok with it.
Joegrane
Maybe it will light a fire under Huff's butt---or between his ears. Huff has shown enough flashes of talent that I would not give up on him quickly, even though he is a former Duck.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 22 2016, 11:39 PM) *
More evidence of the "vast" improvement in our WR corps!! rolleyes.gif If he helps grease the skids for Huff's departure, then I'm Ok with it.

Eyrie
I suspect that Graham and Givens will be competing for one spot to fill the role of the small speedy guy, and agree that Huff is facing a fight to make the roster.

The other thing is that moves like this are a consequence of gambling our entire draft on two picks (#2 and #79). We have to find bodies to fill the other holes on the roster from somewhere because next week will be mostly late round long shots and undrafted longer shots.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 23 2016, 06:18 AM) *
I suspect that Graham and Givens will be competing for one spot to fill the role of the small speedy guy, and agree that Huff is facing a fight to make the roster.

The other thing is that moves like this are a consequence of gambling our entire draft on two picks (#2 and #79). We have to find bodies to fill the other holes on the roster from somewhere because next week will be mostly late round long shots and undrafted longer shots.

We have two fifth rounders in a draft that is reported to be deep in OL talent. Their third rounder will be drafted as a potential starter ... maybe a RB ... but then they're just looking to fill depth. Losing those picks won't affect 2016 much, it's the next three or four years that will be impacted the most.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.