Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New day...the anger is gone
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
I think it may have been Joegrane or Phits who suggested that Howie might just be more interested in getting rid of all traces of Chip.....I thought it was baseless but I may have been wrong.

One of Howie's defenses of making this trade was that they looked out into the college ranks for the next 2-3 years and there was no one as good.....absolute bullshit.....this time last year no one knew who Wentz was......(whose college numbers are beyond pedestrian, by the way).....it appears that he made the trade to make a trade.

And Historically.....the team that gives up multiple picks for draft spot lose big going forward.....I guess Howie missed that part in his research. lol

Oh well......I wanted to get back in to lifting so now I will be able to focus more on that.....it will make the FA signing periods more exciting.

mcnabbulous
Howie may be right or he may be wrong, but at least he isn't satisfied with mediocrity like you miserable bastards.

If Wentz is great, it was a brilliant move. If he flames out, we will likely be awful and in a position to restart in a few years. Either option is better than 8-8 NFL purgatory.
HobbEs
My sad realization is that I will never see a the Eagles win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I was born in 1962...two years after the last one.

It has occurred to me that we as a fan base are now approaching three generations of futility. Think about that for a second...three generations! I will still be a fan but I am now emotionally detached. It's just mindless entertainment for a Sunday afternoon.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2016, 02:29 PM) *
Howie may be right or he may be wrong, but at least he isn't satisfied with mediocrity like you miserable bastards.

If Wentz is great, it was a brilliant move. If he flames out, we will likely be awful and in a position to restart in a few years. Either option is better than 8-8 NFL purgatory.

Whatever you say, Hinkie.
make_it_rain
I'm on record saying that I could not hate this trade more, but McNabbulous is right in that its too early to evaluate if it was a good one or not. I think its perfectly valid to hate this trade, while at the same time admitting that we won't know how good or bad it was for a few years.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2016, 10:29 AM) *

This is not about being miserable....this is about making wise decisions. Neither Wentz or Goff were on the NFL first pick 4 months ago......Wentz got there because of his frame....the hype machine has driven this entire move....

You seem to reward him just because he made a trade......I think that is silly, not that he traded for the pick but what it cost for what is clearly a huge gamble....Big Ben was s tud at the same level as Wentz and had 2 year that were equal or better than Wentz's best year and then, in his senior year, blew away Wentz's best year and did it in 2 less games.

There is a big difference between aggressive and impetuous....and were we 8-8 in any of the last 3 years?
mcnabbulous
Expecting a sure thing out of a draft pick is a ridiculous standard to set. Especially at QB. It's a risky move, but what if they're right?
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2016, 11:39 AM) *
This is not about being miserable....this is about making wise decisions. Neither Wentz or Goff were on the NFL first pick 4 months ago......Wentz got there because of his frame....

... and the Seior Bowl, the Combine, his interviews and his workouts. Your objectivity has been polluted by cheap beer. biggrin.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 21 2016, 12:53 PM) *
... and the Seior Bowl, the Combine, his interviews and his workouts. Your objectivity has been polluted by cheap beer. biggrin.gif

hardly.....good beer....lol

Some funny things about the whole Wentz fable...

Goff has thrown 1,000 more passes....
Wentz missed 8 games his senior year to injury....
His best year he averaged 194 yds/game (and the only year he played a full season)

Unlike Manning, or Elway or Luck.......

My objectivity is spot on....we took a huge gamble on a huge gamble..
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2016, 12:03 PM) *
hardly.....good beer....lol

Some funny things about the whole Wentz fable...

Goff has thrown 1,000 more passes....
Wentz missed 8 games his senior year to injury....
His best year he averaged 194 yds/game (and the only year he played a full season)

Unlike Manning, or Elway or Luck.......

My objectivity is spot on....we took a huge gamble on a huge gamble..

I think these are all extremely valid concerns. I'm pretty shocked that he is as highly thought of as he is. Especially considering he was basically playing for the Alabama of his league. It's major projection and a major risk.

The majority of this board is way more risk adverse than me though.
The Franchise
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 21 2016, 11:02 AM) *
My sad realization is that I will never see a the Eagles win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I was born in 1962...two years after the last one.

As I was watching the Flyers delay the inevitable yesterday, I said as much to my drinking partner, but with the caveat that it only goes so far as Lurie's ownership of the team. We'll never win a Super Bowl with him as owner. And with our fanbase, enough people will continue showing up and spending money to prevent him from ever selling. Maybe we'll get lucky and one of his spawn will get bored quickly and sell the team after he goes.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2016, 05:14 PM) *
I think these are all extremely valid concerns. I'm pretty shocked that he is as highly thought of as he is. Especially considering he was basically playing for the Alabama of his league. It's major projection and a major risk.

The majority of this board is way more risk adverse than me though.

I'm not sure they take this kind of gamble if they had to rely on him from day 1. I think they saw themselves with a luxury of time to properly develop him without throwing the youngster into the arena prematurely.

I don't like the move because I trust in what I saw of Bradford, but many QBs with great potential have been destroyed by being thrown to the wolves entirely before they were ready. There's no need to that here.
Joegrane
I agree very much with Pila.

Additionally this is a quality NFL organization in a big market. They'll be able to afford a decent amount of talent around the young QB in a year or two.

I also like that he is going to be groomed by former NFL QBs.

If he happens to be on the team with SamB, he'll get a good lesson about taking care of one's body and health. When people are young, they can feel invincible. Sam's history is a powerful lesson.

I don't know anything about ND State but I bet it is not a party school. I doubt they would draft someone like RGIII.

I like the odds that Wentz will not be a bust.

I just hope that he, unlike D McNabb, will have a sufficiently thick skin on his personality to endure the scrutiny from the city of Tough Love. Thankfully Pederson has the personal experience to prepare him as well as anyone can.

QUOTE (Pila @ Apr 21 2016, 03:02 PM) *
I'm not sure they take this kind of gamble if they had to rely on him from day 1. I think they saw themselves with a luxury of time to properly develop him without throwing the youngster into the arena prematurely.

I don't like the move because I trust in what I saw of Bradford, but many QBs with great potential have been destroyed by being thrown to the wolves entirely before they were ready. There's no need to that here.

mcnabbulous
Every school is a party school. What else do you think kids are doing in North Dakota?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 21 2016, 11:53 AM) *

Shhhh.

Z, since I'm paying don't tell him that Miller Lite isn't a good beer.

It's a fine choice at that RF!!
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2016, 06:11 PM) *
Every school is a party school. What else do you think kids are doing in North Dakota?

True
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 21 2016, 09:16 PM) *
Shhhh.

Z, since I'm paying don't tell him that Miller Lite isn't a good beer.

It's a fine choice at that RF!!

No...I have a new favorite...Rogue 25 Integrity Ale....and they have it there!!! I can only handle 3 or 4 of them though....Glad you are buying....hahahahaha
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2016, 08:57 PM) *
No...I have a new favorite...Rogue 25 Integrity Ale....and they have it there!!! I can only handle 3 or 4 of them though....Glad you are buying....hahahahaha

What I may lose in the pocket, I'll gain in an alcohol induced stupid bet for me to recoup my losses.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 21 2016, 09:58 PM) *
What I may lose in the pocket, I'll gain in an alcohol induced stupid bet for me to recoup my losses.

Just no "you can't pick up the large or unattractive woman" bets!!!

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.