Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rut Row
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/04/...rade-nfl-draft/

Just for shits and giggles and I know I'm going out on a limb here and may be smoking too much crack:

Let's pretend someone is willing to take Bradford of our hands and his $7M salary and future guarantees (we still foot the bill for the $11M SB)

1. What round pick would we need to get, in addition to trading Sam, that would make you tentatively "OK" with the trade?

I would be happy with a 3rd, could live with a 4th plus the $7M of cap space we'd get with the departure.

What is your return on investment on Bradford that would make you OK with it (if your aren't already)

It seems, as a board, we're overwhelmingly against it. The Axis membership hotline has been ringing off the hook. Thank God it's late in Scotland and he went to sleep. This grammatically challenged Scot kept calling me and calling me.....................

2. Here's my list of best QB's 1 thru 15,which I think are good enough to win a SB, supporting cast necessary of course:
I assume most would be close, but was wondering, how far up near the top does our #2 need to turn out to be for this deal to be good in your opinion:

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Rivers
6. Romo
7. Wilson
8. Luck
9. Newton
10. Ryan
11. Flacco
12. E. Manning
13. Dalton
14. Palmer
15. Stafford

IMO, he needs to be top 11, needs to be better than Flacco, Manning etc.

Anyone?
Joegrane
Those two have rings. If Wentz gets one with the Eagles, the fans will be fine.

McNabb did not get a ring but I doubt many would say he was not worth the #2 pick. One reason the McNabb-era Eagles were so successful in the W column was the presence of Donavan on the roster. FAs were more comfortable coming to a team with a playoff-caliber QB.

I doubt that Wentz will have the same effect on prospective FAs. That will be a bigger issue for the Eagles in the coming years since they will be building through free agency, they will have cap space and few high draft picks.

I wonder how the free agents who signed extensions this year feel now?

How does F Cox feel now?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 20 2016, 10:36 PM) *
how far up near the top does our #2 need to turn out to be for this deal to be good in your opinion:
IMO, he ...needs to be better than Flacco, Manning etc.
make_it_rain

I think Palmer should be higher but that is neither here nor there.

1. I'd want more than just a 3rd because holding on to Bradford isn't really that bad. He's serviceable and will give Wentz time to sit and learn. I'd take a second for him, and feel somewhat OK(or at least better) re: the deal unless Wentz turns into like a Joey Harrington or something.

2.He needs to be top10, no question. How I think about it:
  • Say our guy ends up in the 13-15 range.
  • I'd put Bradford somewhere in the 20-25 range, with some upside to him though.
  • Though I'd clearly take Stafford / Dalton over Bradford, I don't think the gap between them is nearly big enough to justify all the picks they gave up.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 20 2016, 11:45 PM) *
I think Palmer should be higher but that is neither here nor there.

1. I'd want more than just a 3rd because holding on to Bradford isn't really that bad. He's serviceable and will give Wentz time to sit and learn. I'd take a second for him, and feel somewhat OK(or at least better) re: the deal unless Wentz turns into like a Joey Harrington or something.

2.He needs to be top10, no question. How I think about it:
  • Say our guy ends up in the 13-15 range.
  • I'd put Bradford somewhere in the 20-25 range, with some upside to him though.
  • Though I'd clearly take Stafford / Dalton over Bradford, I don't think the gap between them is nearly big enough to justify all the picks they gave up.

There is a big difference between Dalton/Stafford....
They both had pro bowl WRs to throw to.....Stafford had the most dynamic WR to ever play the game....Dalton had not only a pro bowl WR, he also had a pro bowl TE.....

Amazing how that helps a QB.....
Phits
Winning changes everything.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 20 2016, 11:01 PM) *
That will be a bigger issue for the Eagles in the coming years since they will be building through free agency, they will have cap space and few high draft picks.

The McNabb era Eagles continually drafted high because of their on field success. After Corey Simon (2000) we didn't have a top 10 pick until Lane Johnson in 2013.
Zero
Hes mad and wants to show everyone whos best.
From that link.

I still don't know how to feel about the trade, but if Bradford lights it up this year it can't hurt. Just for shits and giggles biggrin.gif , what if he takes the Eagles to a division title and a first round playoff victory?
D Rock
We traded a starting quarterback and a 2nd rounder for Bradford. Now you'll be happy with a 4th rounder in return? After he proved the knee sound?

I'm glad you're not my accountant.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 21 2016, 10:21 AM) *
We traded a starting quarterback and a 2nd rounder for Bradford. Now you'll be happy with a 4th rounder in return? After he proved the knee sound?

I'm glad you're not my accountant.

The Rams didn't want him.

Nobody wanted him in free agency.

The Eagles don't want him.

He's the fat chick at 2 AM flashing come hither looks at DRock from across the bar.

I said I'd be happy with a 3rd and the $7M of cap.

Whatever the market bears.................... If we can get a QB and a 2nd round pick, sign me up.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 21 2016, 08:45 PM) *
The Rams didn't want him.

Nobody wanted him in free agency.

The Eagles don't want him.

He's the fat chick at 2 AM flashing come hither looks at DRock from across the bar.

I said I'd be happy with a 3rd and the $7M of cap.

Whatever the market bears.................... If we can get a QB and a 2nd round pick, sign me up.

I thought he said he told his agent to only negotiate with Philly? You were one of those guys ranting about how all these teams would sign him in a heartbeat....where did that go? remember Mr. 18? If no one wanted him than I want Howie shot for incompetence twice...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 21 2016, 07:56 PM) *
I thought he said he told his agent to only negotiate with Philly? You were one of those guys ranting about how all these teams would sign him in a heartbeat....where did that go? remember Mr. 18? If no one wanted him than I want Howie shot for incompetence twice...

Aim straight.

==============================================================

In hindsight, I was too harsh in my post.

No point to dance on his grave.

He's a good guy. I wish him well. He could do well in DEN. Maybe DEN sees him as better than Sanchez. He can definitely do better than Manning did last year and make himself more marketable in the future. And if he stays here, I will do what I've done every year for decades: Cheer him on like my life depended on it, just like I did for Foles, McNabb, Kolb, Vick, Feeley, Peete, Brister, McMahaon Cunningham, Hoying, Jaws.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.