Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was wrong!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
I embrace I was completely wrong on the Eagles draft intentions....

It is depressing because they have set themselves up badly for the future unless they strike gold in all their FA signings.

They get their QB but it means that they won't get anything else until the 3rd round this year...and next year they won't have a first......and they wasted about 12% of cap this year....(although I am told by some here that cap doesn't matter.lol)

I can only hope that they did the right thing......
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2016, 06:17 PM) *

It is depressing because they have set themselves up badly for the future unless they strike gold in all their FA signings.

Striking gold is what matters, whether it is in FA or by draft picks. #crapshoot

They get their QB but it means that they won't get anything else until the 3rd round this year...

What's the difference between this and before they made the trade?

Eagles 2016 Draft Picks

1st - No. 2 - (from the Cleveland Browns)
3rd - No. 79
5th - No. 153
5th - No. 164 - (from the Pittsburgh Steelers)
6th - No. 188
7th - No. 233
7th - No. 251 - (from the Arizona Cardinals)

and next year they won't have a first......and they wasted about 12% of cap this year....(although I am told by some here that cap doesn't matter.lol)

12% of the cap on the QB position doesn't seem so bad, what do teams normally spend on their QB depth?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2016, 05:17 PM) *

They get their QB but it means that they won't get anything else until the 3rd round this year...and next year they won't have a first......and they wasted about 12% of cap this year....(although I am told by some here that cap doesn't matter.lol)

I embrace your embracing your wrongness!

devil03.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2016, 06:17 PM) *

Embraceable you. biggrin.gif

I have no idea why you and others are so bent out of shape about this. I'm not jumping up and down for joy or in anger but it's nice that they did what they felt they needed to do to get the friggin team over the hill and win a Super Bowl. They may be right or they may be wrong - I doubt anyone here KNOWS one way or the other - but I like that they did what they thought they had to do.

It ain't over 'til it's over!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 20 2016, 07:01 PM) *

I have no idea why you and others are so bent out of shape about this. I'm not jumping up and down for joy or in anger but it's nice that they did what they felt they needed to do to get the friggin team over the hill and win a Super Bowl. They may be right or they may be wrong - I doubt anyone here KNOWS one way or the other - but I like that they did what they thought they had to do.

Z you are killing it tonight.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 20 2016, 08:01 PM) *

I don't mind the trade and I don't mind them signing Bradford...I mind them doing both.......regardless of all the "the cap doesn't matter" nitwits...it really does.....it is why Maxwell is in Miami.....and they could have use that money to sign another high priced FA at a position of need.....I am thinking that could have bought a pretty nice player or 2....

That is the only problem I have....
JeeQ
Fuck me... every time I think this team can't really be that fucking stupid they raise the fucking bar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.