Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Josh Norman
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
To get away from the talk of this terrible trade for a little..

The Panthera rescinded their franchise tag, so as of this moment he's a free agent and free to sign wherever. He would ask a pretty penny, which I'm not even sure we have but what do you guys think?
Eyrie
I'd be interested, but doubt we have the cap room after pissing so much money away on QBs.
D Rock
Hell Yes!
Reality Fan
Just ask Phits or Nabby.....the cap means nothing...we can do it!!!!
mcnabbulous
Is there a reason to believe the cap would prohibit us from signing him? Because according to RF, we can never sign anyone ever, despite having a QB signed to an average contract.
mcnabbulous
dupe
Phits
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Apr 20 2016, 05:54 PM) *
To get away from the talk of this terrible trade for a little..

The Panthera rescinded their franchise tag, so as of this moment he's a free agent and free to sign wherever. He would ask a pretty penny, which I'm not even sure we have but what do you guys think?

No thanks. We should have learned our lesson by now with regards to "shut down elite" FA CB's....the only seem to shut down from being elite when they start playing for us. Besides with Schwartz' vaunted pass rush schemes we don't need to overspend for a CB.

On the flip side, if they find a way to make it work, go for it ... it's not my money.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 20 2016, 06:01 PM) *
I'd be interested, but doubt we have the cap room after pissing so much money away on QBs.

How much is too much for the QB position? Everybody seemed to agree that if Wentz or Goff fell to us at #8 it would be worth it. That means about $20m on a 4 year contract. According to the rookie wage scale:
The rookie wage scale allows for teams to add a fifth year to the contracts of first-round selections if they so choose. Any player selected in the top 10, would receive a salary that is the average of the salaries of the top 10 players in the league at his position.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 07:00 PM) *
Is there a reason to believe the cap would prohibit us from signing him? Because according to RF, we can never sign anyone ever, despite having a QB signed to an average contract.

look..I get it...you are a whiny guy...but at least quote me properly

Now..since you feel the need to whine explain to me where the cap room would come from and please don't say that they can just do it. No typical sniveling....provide some substance.....at a minimum it is 12.5 million off the cap this year that can't go toward a position of need....plus Daniels plus whatever the cap hit is for a QB at number 2. So now explain how they can create more cap room without creating issues at another position....

By the way...the Eagles will vault to 8th in positional cap money spent at QB with the cap hit of their draft pick at 2. Every team above them has their cap spending allotted primarily to their long term starter....what a novel concept...

God I hate whiny bitches....I apologize for pointing out some of the idiotic things you have said but it is what it is....
JeeQ
Just not for Byron Maxwell money laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2016, 07:26 PM) *
God I hate whiny bitches....I apologize for pointing out some of the idiotic things you have said but it is what it is....

Pretty weird thing to say, considering you are the one whining about anything and everything related to our QB situation.

How am I whining exactly? Or do you not actually know what that word means?

We still have nearly $12MM in cap space for 2016. If we want Norman, we can make it work.
nd9kel
5 years....$75 million says Washington.
nephillymike
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Apr 22 2016, 10:37 PM) *

That's a kick in the balls.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2016, 09:08 AM) *
Pretty weird thing to say, considering you are the one whining about anything and everything related to our QB situation.

How am I whining exactly? Or do you not actually know what that word means?

We still have nearly $12MM in cap space for 2016. If we want Norman, we can make it work.

ummm...you realize there is a rookie pool to take away and even with the fantasy land rookie adjustment it will come close to 6 million which means we have less than 6 of space in total and nothing left to make more without seriously impacting the roster...

So no...we can't.....not even close, actually...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 22 2016, 11:24 PM) *
ummm...you realize there is a rookie pool to take away and even with the fantasy land rookie adjustment it will come close to 6 million which means we have less than 6 of space in total and nothing left to make more without seriously impacting the roster...

So no...we can't.....not even close, actually...

That includes the rookie pool.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 23 2016, 12:39 AM) *
That includes the rookie pool.

Not sure where you got your numbers but they are way off.....on both Spotrac and Overthecap

Spotrac has them at 4 million with the rookie cap accounted for
OverTheCap has them at 9 million without accounting for the rookie pool

JeeQ
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Apr 22 2016, 08:37 PM) *

Not in any capacity on the planet is Norman worth the money Washington is giving him... but that's not our problem laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.