Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $58 Million
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
tied up in 3 QBs.

WTF?!?!?!?!

mcnabbulous
I really don't see why it matters. It's basically just for this season. It's not prohibitive long term.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 02:39 PM) *
I really don't see why it matters. It's basically just for this season. It's not prohibitive long term.

When your job gets replaced by a kiosk to save $15 an hour, maybe you'll understand why $58 million in one position matters as well.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 20 2016, 02:44 PM) *
When your job gets replaced by a kiosk to save $15 an hour, maybe you'll understand why $58 million in one position matters as well.

Tell me, why does it matter?
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 02:54 PM) *
Tell me, why does it matter?

What do you do for a living? If anything.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 20 2016, 03:32 PM) *
What do you do for a living? If anything.

Product management for a tech company. How about you?

But I'll reiterate. Why does it matter? Bradford will likely be off the books next year. It's not prohibiting us from doing anything this year. We still can and will sign Fletch. Who gives a shit if we're paying Bradford average starter money to start while a rookie holds a clipboard for a year?
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 03:34 PM) *

But I'll reiterate. Why does it matter? Bradford will likely be off the books next year. It's not prohibiting us from doing anything this year. We still can and will sign Fletch. Who gives a shit if we're paying Bradford average starter money to start while a rookie holds a clipboard for a year?

I'm just wondering why it has to be explained why $58 million tied up matters. I'm sure your tech company doesn't have 40 product managers running around in your region.

Why give both Chase Daniel and Sam Bradford those contracts? If Bradford is the guy, fine. If he isn't, get rid of him and let Daniel play this year while a rookie holds a clipboard.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 20 2016, 03:50 PM) *
I'm just wondering why it has to be explained why $58 million tied up matters. I'm sure your tech company doesn't have 40 product managers running around in your region.

Well, we don't have 40 different products being built right now. But if we did...

It's not really $58MM tied up. We're paying Bradford $17.5MM this year and Daniel $7MM this year.

Next year, Bradford will likely be off the books and it looks like there will be about $9.5MM of dead money to do so. Meaning we'll have about $23MM tied up between Bradford, Wentz, and Daniel next year. That's not too bad or prohibitive.

Why give both Chase Daniel and Sam Bradford those contracts? If Bradford is the guy, fine. If he isn't, get rid of him and let Daniel play this year while a rookie holds a clipboard.

Because you're overestimating (as I have repeatedly pointed out) the value of Bradford's contract. It's middle tier for an NFL starter. They obviously don't want Daniel to start (because $7MM is not starter money).

Not to mention that when they signed Bradford, they had no way of knowing if they would be able to position themselves for the new guy. So now they have an average NFL starter, a high end backup, and a rookie that can sit and learn for a year.

If you're worked up over the draft picks we gave up, fine, but you would be even more so if we tanked this year and gave Cleveland a top-5 pick next year. This way, we have a chance to compete in a shitty division and see what happens, while letting our rookie get acclimated. All the while, we're not prohibited from doing anything else.

So what is it that you do for a living?
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 20 2016, 03:30 PM) *
tied up in 3 QBs.

WTF?!?!?!?!

First, $58m is not the final figure. Even it is, 58m for 3 QB's is better than the $66m BAL has tied up for one QB. It's the most important position on the team. Keep spending until they find the right one.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 04:34 PM) *

If Bradford is not traded this year then there will be 9.5 million of dead cap next year....so even if they extend Cox, which they will, there is something they will not be able to do with that 9.5 that we can't quantify right now but how many players could that be? Tell me Mr. Numbers.....how many guys make 9.5 million?....good money......maybe 2 or 3 guys for that money?

But who cares....there is nothing they can't do in the Nabby world...where the only stats that matter are the nabby stats...

I mean 1000 yd season for a WR means nothing in the nabby world (only in the real world where is gets guys paid) and of course 1000 yd season for RBs means nothing in nabby world (only in the real world where it gets guys paid)

Should I go on with more nabby world brilliant statements? ( and yes...I may be a little salty)

But hey...what the big deal with pissing away 7% or more of your cap....no big deal, right?

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2016, 04:55 PM) *
If Bradford is not traded this year then there will be 9.5 million of dead cap next year....so even if they extend Cox, which they will, there is something they will not be able to do with that 9.5 that we can't quantify right now but how many players could that be? Tell me Mr. Numbers.....how many guys make 9.5 million?....good money......maybe 2 or 3 guys for that money?

But who cares....there is nothing they can't do in the Nabby world...where the only stats that matter are the nabby stats...

I mean 1000 yd season for a WR means nothing in the nabby world (only in the real world where is gets guys paid) and of course 1000 yd season for RBs means nothing in nabby world (only in the real world where it gets guys paid)

Should I go on with more nabby world brilliant statements? ( and yes...I may be a little salty)

But hey...what the big deal with pissing away 7% or more of your cap....no big deal, right?

Actually:

Sam Bradford #Eagles Dead $
Trade Pre 6/1: $11M
Cut Pre 6/1: $18M
Trade Post 6/1: $5.5M in 16 & 17
Cut Post 6/1: $12.5M in 16, $5.5M in 17

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/722897030809432064
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 06:15 PM) *
Actually:

Sam Bradford #Eagles Dead $
Trade Pre 6/1: $11M
Cut Pre 6/1: $18M
Trade Post 6/1: $5.5M in 16 & 17
Cut Post 6/1: $12.5M in 16, $5.5M in 17

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/722897030809432064

yeah....old news...I spelled it out in another thread already
JeeQ
Last season we were overloaded with RBs that produced nothing

This season were doing it with QBs
Joegrane
How much PT does the #3 QB get? Will this hurt Wentz's development?

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 20 2016, 08:17 PM) *

Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 20 2016, 11:26 PM) *
How much PT does the #3 QB get? Will this hurt Wentz's development?

The development of a QB isn't about PT. They have to learn the system and acclimate to the logistics of the NFL.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 20 2016, 07:17 PM) *

One position is the most important in sports. The other is RB. I can't believe how undervalued it is on this board. We haven't had a really good one in a decade and we've been stuck in perpetual mediocrity, but you weirdos are worried about overspending for a year.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 21 2016, 04:22 AM) *
The development of a QB isn't about PT. They have to learn the system and acclimate to the logistics of the NFL.

This is utter horse shit and you know it.

You don't develope on the sideline. REPS REPS REPS. No teacher of the game is better than the game itself. This guy hasn't faced top competition since H.S. Even in there he was in bum fucking Egypt not exactly known as a football player manufacturing center. So now, let's take him off the field for a full year, teach him some x/y right banana (because you know, our scheme is SOOO complex) and let him see top flight competition for the first time as a 25 year old.

This is possibly the stupidest thing you've EVER said here. And THATs saying something.
mcnabbulous
There have been success stories both ways. Donovan was eased into things. I suspect Doug will take a similar approach with Wentz. Having him start week 1 isn't going to dictate the final outcome.

He can start to get acclimated to the speed in practice, but ultimately I hope and expect him to get some game reps this year.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 21 2016, 10:15 AM) *
This is utter horse shit and you know it.

You don't develope on the sideline. REPS REPS REPS. No teacher of the game is better than the game itself. This guy hasn't faced top competition since H.S. Even in there he was in bum fucking Egypt not exactly known as a football player manufacturing center. So now, let's take him off the field for a full year, teach him some x/y right banana (because you know, our scheme is SOOO complex) and let him see top flight competition for the first time as a 25 year old.

How did it work out for Aaron Rodgers? That's what I thought. Developing a QB is a process, especially if the player isn't a "slam dunk". I don't expect Goff/Wentz to see much PT this season other than some mop up late into the season. I suspect the FO feels the same way, since they have invested 'sooo much' money in a starter and a backup.

As for the complexity of our scheme, unless you have been privy to something the rest of us haven't, we have no idea how complex our rookie head coaches system will be.

This is possibly the stupidest thing you've EVER said here. And THATs saying something.

Coming from you that's a compliment. You have proven over and over to be the most ignorant board member.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 21 2016, 03:07 PM) *
As for the complexity of our scheme, unless you have been privy to something the rest of us haven't, we have no idea how complex our rookie head coaches system will be.

Oh, I don't know... maybe 14 years of Andy Reid? Here's a news flash! Pedey runs Andy's system (or one largely based on it). Here's to going back to the days of our team falling all over itself to prove to the world how smart they are.

Not unlike your "analysis." Note how the word includes that which you are...
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 21 2016, 11:11 AM) *
Oh, I don't know... maybe 14 years of Andy Reid? Here's a news flash! Pedey runs Andy's system (or one largely based on it). Here's to going back to the days of our team falling all over itself to prove to the world how smart they are.

Not unlike your "analysis." Note how the word includes that which you are...

Well there you go, another know it all. Reid's system is known to be very complex.

Andy Reid’s West Coast playbook, which sometimes features verbiage complicated enough to temporarily stun even a 10-year veteran like starting quarterback Alex Smith.

“There’s times I’m in the huddle and I might go, ‘Alright, listen up for the call here fellas,’ and they know it’s gonna be a doozy,” Smith said. “We’ve got ‘shift to halfback twin right open, swap 72 all-go special halfback shallow cross wide open.’”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansa...l#storylink=cpy
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 21 2016, 03:48 PM) *
Well there you go, another know it all. Reid's system is known to be very complex.

I love when you are too stupid to realize you just made my point for me.

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 21 2016, 10:54 AM) *

laugh.gif

I was trying to figure out what Phits was getting at with that one.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 21 2016, 11:54 AM) *

laugh.gif

I see you are still hiding behind insults.

Once again, have you been privy to Pederson's playbook or system or are you just speculating? We don't know the level of complexity in his system, because this is his first go around. Does he script his first 15 plays? Does he adapt to game situations or stick to his original game plan. None of us know. That includes you.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 05:02 PM) *
So what is it that you do for a living?

I'm running a start-up in 2 different states, property/equipment management for brewing companies. We're looking for investors so we can expand, maybe I should try calling Howie.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 21 2016, 01:38 PM) *
I'm running a start-up in 2 different states, property/equipment management for brewing companies. We're looking for investors so we can expand, maybe I should try calling Howie.

Cool stuff. Good luck with the fundraising.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.