Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deal with Cleveland brewing....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nd9kel
http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/04/l...options-at-no-2

Browns Actively Shopping No. 2 Overall Pick
April 19th, 2016 at 6:30pm CST by Dallas Robinson
6:30pm: A deal between the Browns and Eagles would see the two teams swap the second and eighth overall picks this year, with the Eagles adding a pair of third-round selections in 2016 and first- and third-rounders in 2017, reports FOX Sportsí Alex Marvez (on Twitter).
mcnabbulous
Kill me.
Dreagon
Since the Rams are most likely going Wentz, then you guys would be trading those picks for Goff.

I can't really criticize that, because he IS actually more NFL ready than Wentz. Or maybe you're doing it for Jalen Ramsey. I would hate that because I want us to get him, but it sorta makes sense...except you could probably trade with the Chargers a pick lower to get Ramsey, so maybe not.

Ugh. Who knows?
nephillymike
Too high of a cost via the trade chart and If I remember correctly, it is more of a premium than TEN got for the #1:

We get #2 = 2600 points

We give up:

#8 = 1400
#77 = 205
#79 = 195
'17 1st - 1000
'17 3rd - 195
Total = 2995

Premium = 395 = pick #50 = mid 2nd round premium.

My guess is that we would either take back a 3rd or keep one of our 3rds which would be a premium of 195 = pick #79 = mid 3rd, and even that is higher than the customary 4th-6th round premium or discounts these deals fall within.

If this is true, it would signify that the market for pick #2 is better than for pick #1 which doesn't make sense.

That's a very steep cost IMO, and as advertised, the details may not be accurate as the premium seems off.
JeeQ
All these moves are a season too late
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 20 2016, 08:49 AM) *
All these moves are a season too late

It definitely feels like we're trying to do it for the sake of doing it, instead of it being the right move.

I'm pretty vocal about my opinion on being extremely aggressive (some would say reckless) in an effort to acquire a QB, but this just feels like a bad deal.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 20 2016, 08:07 AM) *
Since the Rams are most likely going Wentz, then you guys would be trading those picks for Goff.

I can't really criticize that, because he IS actually more NFL ready than Wentz. Or maybe you're doing it for Jalen Ramsey. I would hate that because I want us to get him, but it sorta makes sense...except you could probably trade with the Chargers a pick lower to get Ramsey, so maybe not.

Ugh. Who knows?

Everything I hear in L.A. is that the Rams are going Goff not Wentz.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 20 2016, 10:08 AM) *

That seems to be the consensus on the webz these days too. Only Sam Farmer seemed to think otherwise.
Dreagon
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 20 2016, 10:08 AM) *

Apparently I've been reading the wrong guys. (that's instant analysis for you). I guess Goff does make more sense for the Rams because they are going to want to start anew at their new stadium and Goff is more NFL ready.

I still wouldn't drop from surprise if you guys traded up and grabbed Ramsey, but if Wentz is available then he's the obvious choice. Since San Diego "should" leap at the chance to grab Tunsil, that means that either Ramsey or Wentz should fall to us, and spare me the ulcers of us drafting Bosa.
Joegrane
Remember Goff is the home-town hero for the new Rams as well as more NFL-ready according to many.

The Eagles must be confident that their guy--Wentz?--will be there or I don't think they'd have done the deal now.

I hope the coaches were on board with this since they'll be handcuffed by limited young talent over the next few years.

Howie wouldn't be emotional about screwing Chip out of a QB, would he? ka.gif

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 20 2016, 07:27 PM) *
Apparently I've been reading the wrong guys. (that's instant analysis for you). I guess Goff does make more sense for the Rams because they are going to want to start anew at their new stadium and Goff is more NFL ready.

I still wouldn't drop from surprise if you guys traded up and grabbed Ramsey, but if Wentz is available then he's the obvious choice. Since San Diego "should" leap at the chance to grab Tunsil, that means that either Ramsey or Wentz should fall to us, and spare me the ulcers of us drafting Bosa.

mcnabbulous
I don't want to spoil California for you, but the guy who has played his entire career in the Bay Area isn't s hometown hero in LA.
Joegrane
Let me be a clearer in my language. You are ownership of a new team in a city and you have a choice between a QB who plays for one of your state's teams and a guy from a different planet--N Dakota State.

The local guy is thought to be more NFL ready. Your team generally has playoff contender talent but lacks a QB.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 20 2016, 11:28 PM) *
I don't want to spoil California for you, but the guy who has played his entire career in the Bay Area isn't s hometown hero in LA.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 21 2016, 10:58 AM) *
Let me be a clearer in my language. You are ownership of a new team in a city and you have a choice between a QB who plays for one of your state's teams and a guy from a different planet--N Dakota State.

The local guy is thought to be more NFL ready. Your team generally has playoff contender talent but lacks a QB.

Dude. Cal is not local to LA. It's a different world. Like calling a guy from Pittsburgh a "local guy" in Philly.
Joegrane
You can choose to pretend to be clueless on this one. N Dakota vs CA kid, huh?

Furthermore it might help the Rams to attract fans from Cal.

It is a no-brainer from both talent evaluation and marketing perspectives.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 21 2016, 12:11 PM) *
Dude. Cal is not local to LA. It's a different world. Like calling a guy from Pittsburgh a "local guy" in Philly.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 21 2016, 12:56 PM) *

At first, I wasn't sure if you were being facetious. It's completely irrelevant to the process.

If they draft Goff, it's because they evaluated him as the better player. Not because he went to school 6 hours away.
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 21 2016, 06:56 PM) *

Sorry Joe -

Nabby is right here. As one who lived in SF for 6 years and has been in LA for nearly 20, I can tell you that NoCal and SoCal might as well be two different countries. There is no love or sense of kinship between the 2. In fact, quite the opposite is true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.