Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This still pisses me off
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
If the infraction was so egregious that the NFL is taking two picks from the Chiefs for tampering, shouldn't there be some consideration for the aggrieved party? The article lists a couple of historical precedents for compensation. Why aren't the Eagles appealing this?
Linc ...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 19 2016, 05:43 AM) *
Why aren't the Eagles appealing this?

There was no 'victim' in this case, the Chiefs just broke the rules. Frankly, I think the whole thing is just Goodell trying to look like he actually runs the league and enforces rules. The Eagles magically getting one of the Chiefs' forfeited picks sounds like something that Cataldi would come up with, instead of anyone in the organization.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 19 2016, 02:38 PM) *
There was no 'victim' in this case, the Chiefs just broke the rules. Frankly, I think the whole thing is just Goodell trying to look like he actually runs the league and enforces rules. The Eagles magically getting one of the Chiefs' forfeited picks sounds like something that Cataldi would come up with, instead of anyone in the organization.

Ok....explain this one to me.....there was no victim? The Eagles were in negotiations with Maclin....they demonstrated an active intent to resign their player and the Chiefs interfered with that negotiation. In what fucked up world is there no victim?

The Eagles lost their WR so why should there be no compensation?
The Franchise
The Eagles lost their WR so why should there be no compensation?

He was a free agent. The Eagles offered him a good deal, and the Chiefs offered him a better one. They violated the league rules by having direct contact with him. Therefore, we aren't a 'victim' of their wrongdoing. Don't take it up with me, take it up with our own front office, who obviously don't feel they would win an appeal.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 19 2016, 03:39 PM) *
He was a free agent. The Eagles offered him a good deal, and the Chiefs offered him a better one. They violated the league rules by having direct contact with him. Therefore, we aren't a 'victim' of their wrongdoing. Don't take it up with me, take it up with our own front office, who obviously don't feel they would win an appeal.

Do you have a clue at all? There is a period where the team that has the player has a chance to sign the player before he becomes a true FA....during that time they have exclusive negotiating rights....that is what the Chiefs violated...

Apparently your lack of knowledge extends beyond baseball......it is not bad to not understand things but it is when you make ignorant statements about that which you obviously know nothing about.
Joegrane
Consider the opportunity to go back and become a home town hero plus the additional $ plus we don't know if he liked Chip as much as Andy. It was going to be tough to get him to stay.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 19 2016, 02:38 PM) *

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 19 2016, 04:46 PM) *
Consider the opportunity to go back and become a home town hero plus the additional $ plus we don't know if he liked Chip as much as Andy. It was going to be tough to get him to stay.

By Maclin's own words he was ready to resign here....so....no....

lol
nephillymike
Now wait a minute, I'm confused.

First, I do believe we are a victim, for the reasons RF points out.

However, I heard all year long about how Maclin wasn't worth it, we made him a good offer, good luck to him, etc etc.

I was the only one crying like a bitch about losing Maclin. Most everyone else seemed fine with it.

That being the case, I do think, based on precedent, that we should have gotten to swap picks with them to better our haul, and penalize them some. Maybe getting their 3rd for our 4th would seem appropriate.

mcnabbulous
Don't think they're mutually exclusive, Mikey. We could still be screwed and the Chiefs could have overpaid. In fact, both things happened it seems.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 19 2016, 07:21 PM) *
Now wait a minute, I'm confused.

First, I do believe we are a victim, for the reasons RF points out.

However, I heard all year long about how Maclin wasn't worth it, we made him a good offer, good luck to him, etc etc.

I was the only one crying like a bitch about losing Maclin. Most everyone else seemed fine with it.

That being the case, I do think, based on precedent, that we should have gotten to swap picks with them to better our haul, and penalize them some. Maybe getting their 3rd for our 4th would seem appropriate.

Whether I felt he was worth it was/is irrelevant......they began negotiations while we had and were exercising our exclusive negotiating rights.....that clearly impacted our negotiating position.

Pretty clear cut actually
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 19 2016, 03:32 PM) *
Apparently your lack of knowledge extends beyond baseball......it is not bad to not understand things but it is when you make ignorant statements about that which you obviously know nothing about.

rolleyes.gif

Then obviously, the entire Eagles FO is as ignorant as I am, since only Pipe Dream Fan and Cataldi listeners seem to think we're owed compensation. Keep watching those Law & Order episodes. laugh.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 20 2016, 12:21 AM) *

I think most of us weren't happy to lose Maclin, but you were the only one willing to overpay him what KC offered.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 20 2016, 01:30 PM) *
rolleyes.gif

Then obviously, the entire Eagles FO is as ignorant as I am, since only Pipe Dream Fan and Cataldi listeners seem to think we're owed compensation. Keep watching those Law & Order episodes. laugh.gif

First....I hate to break this to you but your have some of the saddest and weakest jokes and clearly you are the only one who finds any humot in them.

Second, read, if you are capable of reading, the paper and multiple media outlets who raised the same question.

Christ, you are truly one unhappy and ignorant soul.....I am not sure if your ignorance is the reason for your unhappiness or not but seek some help. You come here and sound like a fool over and over again.....it has to get more depressing for you.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 20 2016, 01:37 PM) *
First....I hate to break this to you but your have some of the saddest and weakest jokes and clearly you are the only one who finds any humot in them.

Second, read, if you are capable of reading, the paper and multiple media outlets who raised the same question.

Christ, you are truly one unhappy and ignorant soul.....I am not sure if your ignorance is the reason for your unhappiness or not but seek some help. You come here and sound like a fool over and over again.....it has to get more depressing for you.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

So again, who in our front office is demanding compensation for this, PDF?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.